Carc Central Community > Leagues (including expansion leagues)

Basegame League - Round 8

(1/10) > >>

danisthirty:
Round 8

The full list of all fixtures for Rounds 1 to 11 (including results from previous rounds) can be found here: http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NzAwODE4MjQzNg (but please don't play any of your opponents from any future rounds yet as we're going to take it one round at a time). :(y)

Please play your matches as soon as you can!

Good luck to everyone; and when you do get round to playing your match please don't forget to post the results and any screenshots you have here on this post! Thanks C:-)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4315.0

dronedrone:

--- Quote ---Please play your matches as soon as you can!
--- End quote ---

Bekse and I booked to play this evening.

dronedrone:
Bekse asked me to write the games up as he was 'otherwise engaged' oh the ignominy of it all - not only did I lose both games but I have to talk about it, in front of you all!

Bekse romped away in Game 1 - stealing my city that I had worked so hard on and then finishing a second.   He also managed to join me on an 11 point road and beat me to the 15 point farm, recycling his meeples and even having one left at the end.

Game 2 a more even battle, reminded me of the old adage "When one door closes...another one slams in your face!"

A closer game full of if's, but's, then's and maybe's for me.   I was sweating on a CCC? tile to complete my city over on the right and needed the RRRR to complete my road AND cloister, recovering two meeples to be put to good use. But...Who pulled BOTH of them? No prizes for guessing who (Hint: it wasn't me)

Bekse 2 - dronedrone 0

danisthirty:

--- Quote from: dronedrone on June 21, 2019, 02:17:27 PM ---...not only did I lose both games but I have to talk about it, in front of you all!

--- End quote ---

Admitting that you had a problem is the first step to overcoming it. Don't back away from it dronedrone, we're here to support you, not to judge you.

That aside, well done to both of you for getting your games played so quickly! :) :(y)

Bekse:
It were great games indeed!
First game i could finish 2 big cities and overall have more meeples during the game so not much trouble there. Second game was close, i got some crucial tiles and claimed the victory.

Thanks for the games!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version