Carc Central Community > Leagues (including expansion leagues)

Basegame League - Round 5

(1/6) > >>

danisthirty:
Round 5

The full list of all fixtures for Rounds 1 to 11 (including results from previous rounds) can be found here: http://tournamentscheduler.net/schedule/NzAwODE4MjQzNg (but please don't play any of your opponents from any future rounds yet as we're going to take it one round at a time). :(y)

Another slowish round to complete, so sorry about that. But we're all still here which is what really matters, and I'm sure most of us are ready and raring to get stuck into this new round! You know the drill by now... let's go!

Good luck to everyone; and when you do get round to playing your match please don't forget to post the results and any screenshots you have here on this post! Thanks C:-)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4248.0

Bekse:
Nice games with MrNumbers. Came down to a couple of tiles.

Thanks for playing!

Bekse - MrNumbers
2 - 0

Bekse +39
MrNumbers -39

Rosco:
dan and i played our games tonight.  He will post the screen shots of the first game in which he absolutely destroyed me!

The second game seemed to be better matched.  I was ahead by a few points for most of the game but towards the end i felt like Dan probably had it.  Early on he had trapped 2 of my meeples in a skilful manouvre and as such i was playing the rest of the game handicapped.  This seems to refine my concentration though and as such i set up some nice spots for mutual benefit.    Right near the end the battle for the farms was becoming epic and i only scraped a win due to equalising on the farm at bottom left.

Great games Dan

danisthirty:
Two great games with Rosco! He's already provided a short description and screenshots from the second game, so here are my screenshots from the first game...

Game 1:

Although I was very happy with the scoreline at the end of this game, I can't really think of what specifically contributed to the big PD. Obviously it helped having the main farm, which is something I went after almost immediately and which Rosco might have shared with me if he'd made the decision to fight back slightly earlier. However, it also helped me that he had two trapped meeples; one on a road for 6pts and one in a city for 9pts. I worked hard to kill off the city but Rosco knew what I was up to and successfully defended it at every turn. However, eventually it slipped away from him and it didn't help that I seemed to draw all of the remaining crfr tiles that he needed so much!

So all in all, it was a game where everything seemed to go my way despite Rosco's admirable persistence!

Final scores after both games:

Dan - 1pt - +52PD
Ross - 1pt - -52PD

Leven:
This has been an eventful evening in the basegame league, Jack and I have played our games tonight as well.

:violet-meeple: Leven vs :green-meeple: Jackface 79:45
A very low scoring game where Jack wasn't remarkably lucky with the tiles which helped me to some successful blockings. Thus approaching the final phase of the game Jack was out of meeple and that pretty much decided the outcome of the game.

:green-meeple: Jackface vs :violet-meeple: Leven 99:110
This one was a more conventional game, I was able to build a slight lead during the game (some small roads and easy cloister points helped me) while Jack was focusing on farms quite early. He secured a promising farm with two meeples early on so for me it was important to prevent this farm from growing too large (12 pts in the end).

Thanks for the exciting games, Jack, and good luck in your next games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version