Carc Central Community > Unofficial Rules

Winter edition adaptations?

(1/1)

CKorfmann:
Took a first look at the CAR for the Winter ed. today.  Left me with a few questions. 

Has anyone adapted the Gingerbread rules to the regular game?  Seems simple enough to do, just need some tiles to do it with.  It might be a good use of the Plague tiles if you don't want to use the plague rules.  You could paint up an old pointy head Discovery meeple (which I understand do not come with that game anymore, is that right?)

I assume the animal tiles on the winter edition are similar to the animals from the H&G variant.  I can only assume because I've never seen it.  Would it work the same way?  Have we submitted any suggestions for them to HiG?  I see in the rules that they have offered to take them.  Has anyone done something with them here?

I could probaly find the answers to some of these questions if I spend time looking, but I thought I'd let someone who knows point me right to them.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=387.0

kettlefish:

--- Quote from: CKorfmann on August 19, 2013, 01:25:22 PM ---Took a first look at the CAR for the Winter ed. today.  Left me with a few questions. 

Has anyone adapted the Gingerbread rules to the regular game?  Seems simple enough to do, just need some tiles to do it with.  It might be a good use of the Plague tiles if you don't want to use the plague rules.  You could paint up an old pointy head Discovery meeple (which I understand do not come with that game anymore, is that right?)
--- End quote ---
Yes, Fritz_Spinne created a vanilla version. Please look here in the old CarcC Forum:
Santa Claus in Carcassonne

And more information (also the tiles) are at the Carcassonne-Forum in the Download there - only for members at CarcF (carcassonne-forum.de is the Carcassonne-Forum).
Nikolaus Erweiterung (entspricht Lebkuchenmann)
http://carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=203
Please put the link to a new page at your browser (because of the umlaut-monster)

--- Quote from: CKorfmann on August 19, 2013, 01:25:22 PM ---I assume the animal tiles on the winter edition are similar to the animals from the H&G variant.  I can only assume because I've never seen it.  Would it work the same way?  Have we submitted any suggestions for them to HiG?  I see in the rules that they have offered to take them.  Has anyone done something with them here?

I could probaly find the answers to some of these questions if I spend time looking, but I thought I'd let someone who knows point me right to them.

--- End quote ---
The animals for the Winter-Edition haven't any officially rules. At BGG are some interesting ideas.

At CarcF we have some expansions for the Winter-Edition (for example the tower in the winter).

wicke:
I believe I posted a comment in this thread earlier but it seems to have vanished.
I have a few fan-made expansions to the Winter edition in the workshop.
For instance The Birds and Fox on the Run deals with the new tiles with animals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version