Author Topic: Could Someone Tell Me Why Exozet is Removed?  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Beguzzles

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Could Someone Tell Me Why Exozet is Removed?
« on: July 23, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
        Back in 2013, in the United States, Amazon gave away the Carcassonne game app for free for android in it's "free app of the day".    I use to use a tablet, and didn't use it very much, and just recently got a smartphone with a replaceable battery that I started to use all the time.   Because I started to use it all the time, I went thru all my old mobile game purchases, and decided which ones I wanted to play.   I wanted to play Carcassonne but I can't even download it, even though it says I purchased it already on Amazon.

Carcassonne is removed from the store on both Google Play and on the Amazon Store.    And even if you already own it, you can't download it.    I try to google search what is going on, and can't find any information.    Does anyone know why people in the United States, can't purchase or download Carcassonne any longer?

Any information would be very useful, and thanks in advance for any help.

Truly and Sincerely Yours,
       Robert

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3482.0

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Could Someone Tell Me Why Exozet is Removed?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:29:24 PM »
Think their licence expired last month. Asmodee digital now gave the rights. Check out... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.carcassonne

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »
It might still be in beta btw

Offline Beguzzles

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:37:41 PM »
Think their licence expired last month. Asmodee digital now gave the rights. Check out... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.carcassonne

Thanks for this information.    The link you gave didn't work in the United States for some reason, but knowing it was Asmodee Digital was enough to figure out what to Google search for to find out what was going on. 

I'm pretty pissed off and have absolutely no trust in Amazon now.   And I probably should have no trust in Google Play either.  (Since I presume people who purchased previously on Google Play can not download.)   In my opinion it is stealing to prevent people from downloading a game that they purchased, whether they purchased it last month or 3 years ago.   Some people buy games when they are cheap, and may wait years to play them.   I've purchased roleplaying games for my computer that take 100 to 200 hours to complete, and I end up waiting until I'm ready to devote that much time to play them.   It may be 3 years after I purchased the game, that I end up playing it.   I expect when I buy a game, that I will be able to play it at *any* time in the future.   The only exception to that rule is multiplayer games, where the server may go down, after so much time.     But this wasn't an issue of the server going down here, but the fact that two companies are behaving, in my opinion, very unethical by not letting people download the games that they purchased.   In the past, I believe I spent several hundred dollars on games on Amazon and Google Play, but I would never buy games on Amazon anymore for money and I don't think I will buy much on Google Play anymore, if I can't be guaranteed of downloading them anytime I want from either of those services.   

Another thing, Valve (who runs Steam) never behaves in this type of manner.   I own 3000 games on Steam, and maybe 20 of them are NOT available for purchase in the store any longer.   Those games where there is a legal issue, where they are not in the store any longer, are still available for download by those who previously purchased them.   I think Valve makes every developer agree to keep games available for download if any legal issues come up.   I never in the 9 years that I been on Steam, had a game that I purchased not be available for download.   I trust Steam and Valve, where I personally have absolutely no trust in Amazon and Google Play.

By the way, I have a little good news.  I did a more thorough search on my Humble Bundle account, and I found that I do own Carcassonne.  When I checked the first time, I did a search under "keys" and thats why it came up that I did not own it.   If you search for a mobile-only game under the keys search field, then it will just return blank results.   I switched the search field to purchases, then entered mobile, and clicked on each of the bundles, and found it, that way.   

I played one game of Carcassonne, after reading the rules.   I'm a little confused about scoring and stuff, if I can't figure it out soon, I'll ask some questions on here.   Have a good day  :)

Truly and Sincerely Yours,
    Robert

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 03:20:49 AM »
Hello Beguzzles, welcome to the forums. :) :(y)

I'm glad you managed to get to play your download of the Carcassonne app for Android. Good luck learning the rules - hopefully the tutorial will help you to hone your skills against some of the AI opponents.

Although it isn't as portable, many of us here use a free Carcassonne implementation called JCloisterZone which runs on Java. It's free, includes a number of expansions (many of which can be played against an AI opponent) and allows us to play against each other in competitions. Hopefully the price-tag won't put you off giving it a go!

Best regards,
Dan :blue-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Are You Italian? Why didn't you tell me!

Started by aenima

5 Replies
Last post September 07, 2018, 10:57:12 PM
by aenima
xx
Do pig and builder get removed if they have no other (scoring) meeple in area?

Started by avantar

9 Replies
Last post January 23, 2017, 05:47:12 AM
by MrNumbers
xx
If you could ask Klaus-Jürgen Wrede one question

Started by Decar

9 Replies
Last post August 31, 2020, 11:35:38 PM
by Drodo
xx
Where you could have found it, but can't now