Off Topic > Other Games

KICKSTARTER (watch your purses)

<< < (2/179) > >>

danisthirty:
Carcassonne is bad enough for my wallet as it is so I generally try to stay away from Kickstarter as I don't have the self-restraint to avoid backing all the things. So, I've only really backed a couple of projects that captured my imagination. The first two were meeplesource campaigns and the third was Marshlands (+ the KB big box) after some persuading from Decar.

Whaleyland:
Here's my complete Kickstarter List (and it's much more than I realised...):

D-Day Dice
Gunship: First Strike! (worst game of the lot—sold)
Ground Floor (with Skylines)
Urbanization
The Great Heartland Hauling Co.
* Airborne In Your Pocket (never received)
Get Bit! Deluxe Tin Box Set
* UP FRONT (never received)
----------
Small World 2 (Digital with physical components)
Flash Point: Extreme Danger (with all other expansions)
Walk the Plank
Fleet: Arctic Bounty (with Fleet)
* Brew Crafters
Coin Age
* Twilight Struggle Digital Edition
* Penny Press (as a gift to a friend)
* Flash Point: Honor & Duty
* Alhambra: The Falconers (plus bonuses)
* Scoville: Labs Expansion (with Scotville)

You'll note that all the campaigns under the dashed line are from respectable and verified companies. I no longer will gamble on Kickstarter. I've lost over $200 due to the two failed Kickstarters and the ugly monster that was Gunship.

Of the lot, I only brought to New Zealand Great Heartlands Hauling Co. and Fleet (and digital stuff). Brew Crafters will finally be coming to me tomorrow (I had to leave before it arrived...ARGH!). Scoville hasn't yet been delivered but that will go straight to New Zealand.

My favourites of this are Ground Floor, Flash Point, and Fleet, but I haven't tried the ones that are starred so I can't really have an opinion of them yet.

Chooselife:

--- Quote from: franks on January 20, 2016, 09:24:04 PM ---Hello my name is Franks and I have a problem  :P  ;D

--- End quote ---

Loved how you put it ;D ;D

FYI - In the meantime the 7th Continent just released their pledge manager which will be opened till February so last opportunity before retail.
I do believe that this will be one for the ages but at 130Eur+shipping for all the playable content it is not for the faint hearted.
https://app.crowdox.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-continent-explore-survive-you-are-the-hero

Decar:
Might have to sign up for a Late Pledge on 7th Continent.  Thanks for the link!

I've not been brave enough to list the 70 KS projects I've backed yet... don't worry Franks if you thought you had a problem :p

franks:
Choose life, 7th Continent looks like a beauty but with the horrendous Canadian dollar, I just can go there. Hey, I do have some self control   ;)

Decar, see us as your support group, feel free to share  ;D

Whaleyland, I feel your pain and I'm more selective than it might seem when you look at the sheer volume of Crowdfunding games these days. I think part of the addictive aspect, for me, is the chance of being in on the ground floor for an independent designer more than the likes of Queen games that don't really need the platform (yes, I have backed them as well). What I'm not a fan of are campaign exclusives, this really niggles at the acquisition disorder and they know just how to get one hooked, Grrrrr

Sorry one quick edit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version