Author Topic: Latest thing from Basically Wooden  (Read 31065 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Latest thing from Basically Wooden
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 10:41:28 AM »
I picked some up at the UK Meetup, along with my travel box,  I thought I had included some pictures of these score markers alongside it.  Basically Wooden have a few more things up their sleeves coming in the next couple of days.

They also have these, which we saw at the Meetup too:  Meeple Puzzles!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/257899318/meeple-puzzle-in-solid-english-oak?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:47 AM »
I'm discussing a couple of things with Sue from Basically Wooden at the moment. They are thinking of offering their tile tower dispenser in a flatpack version that would result in cheaper shipping, but that has to be assembled by the user. Do you guys think North American residents and others far from the UK would go for this option to save on shipping? Apparently the assembly would be quite straightforward.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:57 AM »
I'm discussing a couple of things with Sue from Basically Wooden at the moment. They are thinking of offering their tile tower dispenser in a flatpack version that would result in cheaper shipping, but that has to be assembled by the user. Do you guys think North American residents and others far from the UK would go for this option to save on shipping? Apparently the assembly would be quite straightforward.

I assume it's not assembled from the start, they could leave it flat and have a description in the store if they want it assembled or not.

It's more common that items required assembling (especially the straight forward kind) comes flattened so I think it's a good move. Saving on shipping costs is very important for many customers. And it's fun to build things.  :yellow-meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 04:29:49 AM »
The tile tower is the only thing that Basically Wooden have created for Carcassonne that I'm not convinced by. I found it embarrassingly difficult to draw tiles from (the embarrassment caused by the fact that I had about 10 people watching me fail to get a tile out of the thing, including the guy who makes them :-[) and prefer to draw either from a bag or from stacks.

None of this goes anywhere towards answering your question, but if they're able to sell to a wider audience by offering these flatpack, and they're easy to assemble, then it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 07:04:06 AM »
the embarrassment caused by the fact that I had about 10 people watching me fail to get a tile out of the thing, including the guy who makes them :-[)

To be fare, there were only 5 of us in the room the second time you had difficulties  :(y)  O:-) O:-)

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
the embarrassment caused by the fact that I had about 10 people watching me fail to get a tile out of the thing, including the guy who makes them :-[)

To be fare, there were only 5 of us in the room the second time you had difficulties  :(y)  O:-) O:-)

Enough said?
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 04:32:18 AM »
For my next order from Basically Wooden, I asked for them to make some more dividers:

- Winter Crop Circles
- H&G / H&G special tiles / H&G Scout
- The Castle Falcon expansion

For H&G, I made suggestions for potential designs and they ended up making four dividers, so you have two to choose from for the base game (the mountain or the mammoth), the stone temple for the special tiles, and the tile back image for the Scout.

For the Falcon, they were going to do the nest but there was too much detail in it so they did a falcon instead.

As always, I think they all look great and I'm looking forward to receiving them very shortly. They also did a Star Wars one for anyone who has that spin-off.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »
Looks good! It still is too expansive for me :P sadly..  :'(

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 03:25:45 AM »
My latest things from Basically Wooden: the Carcassonne travel box and the ruined dice tower. Both are spectacular! The wood and craftsmanship is beautiful.

With my two big boxes:

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:11 AM »
I love my dice tower - how do you find yours?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 03:38:03 AM »
I love my dice tower - how do you find yours?

I think it's superb. I couldn't decide between the ruined one and the gothic one, and at one stage I was going to get both. But in the end I decided to just get the ruined one (which means I can get the gothic one next time!).

The only problem is that I currently only own one game that has dice, and I've only played it once: SPQRisiko (which is essentially Risk: the Roman Empire). Although my current Kickstarter and other games binge should take care of that soon enough. Imagine playing Escape: Curse of the Temple with every player having their own dice tower! I also realised the other day that I have somehow lost my die for the Flier mini-expansion, so we improvised by putting 1, 2 and 3 sheep tokens from Hills and Sheep into a bag and pulling that out to activate the Flier.

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 11:42:24 AM »
I forgot to mention it!  Today is Basically Wooden's second Birthday - to celebrate they are offering 10% off all the things!

Place your orders now!

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 12:57:02 PM »
Amongst other things I went to order some additional dividers - slight bug that it calculated the postage on each additional divider as an additional £2 - 30 dividers, £60 post.

Emailed sales@BW and my order is placed now. Keep thinking I've got all I need from BW but keep finding just one more thing to buy...
Whatever it is, it's probably in the post from Germany...

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 01:35:31 PM »
Amongst other things I went to order some additional dividers - slight bug that it calculated the postage on each additional divider as an additional £2 - 30 dividers, £60 post.

Emailed sales@BW and my order is placed now. Keep thinking I've got all I need from BW but keep finding just one more thing to buy...

While you've figured it out now, a good tip for others is that you can always contact BW by email and they're very responsive and helpful. I've never actually placed an order on their website, I always do it through email correspondence as there always seems to be much to discuss!

Offline hunnymonster

• Duke
  • Merit: 11
  • An ugly bag of mainly water
    • View Profile
    • The Shaving Room - a UK-based community for traditional grooming
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 01:37:53 PM »
The point was more that at 2015 (my time and theirs), I had a reply in 10 minutes... I wasn't expecting a reply until tomorrow...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonnebox basically wooden

Started by Dkmvs

16 Replies
Last post September 24, 2022, 04:57:42 AM
by Carcassonne King
xx
An Afternoon at Basically Wooden

Started by Decar

12 Replies
Last post March 02, 2018, 05:12:43 AM
by Decar
xx
Basically Wooden large box: pictures (drop box) & some dimensions.

Started by egamar

6 Replies
Last post December 02, 2015, 01:54:42 AM
by Rosco
xx
Weird thing while registering

Started by Green Builder

4 Replies
Last post February 17, 2023, 06:48:02 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
Silly thing done when bored.