Author Topic: Our little community  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Our little community
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »
Just recently I posted a message here asking for some help with some translation. Knowing this community, I knew I would get the translation I needed fairly quickly but I was impressed and grateful just how quick!

I was buying something off the German eBay site which I regularly do as you generally get a bargain price even when you include shipping and on this occasion the seller didn't speak English so I was struggling.  I posted here for some help and within minutes, 3 members, Fritz_spine, kettlefish and Benny, jumped in to help. Benny even offered to be a postage intermediary if the seller didn't want to post to the UK. In the end this wasn't necessary but I did need further help to actually pay as the seller didn't have PayPal, so Benny was happy to receive the money from me by PayPal and pay from his own bank account in Germany.

Today I received the item which was really quick and an awesome surprise.

Through the post yesterday I received a big box set which is one I have not seen before including the Tower and Princess and Dragon! It was only 40 euros including postage.

Thankyou so much for your help and thanks Carcassonne Central for giving us members these types of opportunities.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1272.0
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
Re: Our little community
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 01:22:00 AM »
Hi Rosco,
you've got the BigBox1 published in 2006?

This was my start in the world of Carcassonne  with the BigBox1 some years ago.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:53:29 AM »
Great post Rosco! However, I'm going to have to adjust your merit ranking to minus infinity because you didn't post a picture. Sorry about that...  >:D

I couldn't agree more in response to your comments about how helpful and friendly this community is, and it makes me so proud just to be part of it. You said that it wasn't necessary to have your package sent to Benny in Germany and then re-posted to you in the UK because the seller changed their mind about international postage? That is good news, but if I'd been in your shoes and the seller hadn't changed their mind it's good to know that others are willing to help in this respect too, and that they can be trusted to do so simply by virtue of the fact that we all post on the same forums! I can't think of anywhere else on the internet where I would be as 100% happy doing this as I would here, even with potentially valuable items...  :)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:08:19 AM »
Hi Rosco,
you've got the BigBox1 published in 2006?

This was my start in the world of Carcassonne  with the BigBox1 some years ago.
Mine too! Spring of 2007. I had only played a few games of Toulouse on AsoBrains website (before it locked out everybody) but saw the Big Box and bought it on a hunch. I also got Games Quarterly with it since I had bought some of their expansions for Catan before. It was the perfect starting point. All the rules were third edition and all the tiles were watermarked. Abbey & Mayor released a few months later and I picked up all the minis at a local game store. By the end of the year, I was only missing Cathars (which I bought in Europe the next year). One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »

Here is the pic. It says 2006 on the back. It is a good set. I am also getting big box 5 for Christmas so we will be able to do some super mega carc games with 5 base, 3 inns, 3 traders, hills and sheep, towers, princess and Dragon, Abbey and mayor, king count and consort and all the rest - wow!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:45:46 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Width changed »

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
Great story! I am very happy to be a part of this awesome community.

If anyone should need help getting something shipped out of the US I would be more than happy to offer that help.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Benny

• Freeman
  • Merit: 5
  • Hej!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »
Today I received the item which was really quick and an awesome surprise.
That's very good!!!  :(y)
After I found out that the bank number of the seller was false first, I expected some more problems.  ;)

Thankyou so much for your help and thanks Carcassonne Central for giving us members these types of opportunities.
Thanks for your praise, Rosco.
I like beeing helpful.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
One of our craziest openings ever

Started by Green Builder

5 Replies
Last post March 21, 2023, 07:50:09 AM
by Decar
clip
Our most recent game

Started by CARC_Zoner

1 Replies
Last post April 10, 2013, 06:49:30 AM