Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159472 times)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #1515 on: September 07, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
Wow that looks great.  I especially like the river tile.  There used to be a bunch of gristmills and quarries where I live.  I wish I had the artistic talents of the folks on this site.

I merited Astargoth.   :(y)

Offline Astargoth

• Labourer
  • Merit: 3
  • I've updated my profile a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 07, 2016, 08:35:41 PM »
Thanks guys, I really enjoyed making it, and it's great fun to use.

If you manage to use them in a game you'll have to let us know how you get on:

Expansion thread - http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2894.0

Astargoth

Offline Jesusgcas

• Villein
  • Merit: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 08, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »
They look awesome. I'll definitely try to print them. Let's see how it comes out.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 10, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »
Had a nice haul the past week, so I thought I'd post it on here :)

The highlights being the Dutch Wof which I managed to get quite cheaply and a Broken Token insert - very pleased with those. Now I have one full base game with BT insert and the WoF with BT insert. I'll have to follow up in the storage thread how my setup looks  ^-^

Also in the week's haul Mr Postman delivered the one-piece Count of Carc tile and the two bags from Cundco (the small one was for WoF tiles, however the WoF seller gave me a brand new base game bag too!), as well as Keyflower Keyceleste mini expansion and the silly but fun Alvin/Dexter Ticket to Ride expansion.

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 11, 2016, 01:55:12 AM »
Nice haul toasty!

I bought 2 sets of the Broken Token inserts and other than the very snug fit, I am very happy with them. Do be careful you don't split a box corner, they are tight.
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 20, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »
My Cundco order arrived!

Wolnic and Astargoth are so kind to help me with printing their fanexpansions (The Coast and Industries respectively) so I'll be sending them blank tiles along with a surprise (Monasteries for Astargoth, other surprise for Wolnic). Excited to see the finished product!

Next to those, I've ordered the City of Carcassonne start tile and the Windroses.
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 11
  • I have updated my profile now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 22, 2016, 09:59:32 AM »
Well....this was the hardest thing to get hold of. (apart from those damn purple and black school meeples! arghghghg!)

I had to track down a contact in Russia who posted on some forums out there that he wanted to buy it for me. So after a couple of months of back and forth we eventually found one and with postage it cost £27...which i think is pretty good actually!!!

so here it is. the FINAL tiles in my entire collection.

i now own every single carcassonne tile made (barring spin offs as not bothered about them)

Carcassonne Winter Edition in Russian - limited edition!

The inside of the box has a certificate showing that it's number 1552 of 3000 made

Interestingly, the gingerbread man piece is a small cardboard cut out of the gingerbread man, instead of the Europe release of the little wooden meeple.

So that's it!

i'm done!

apart from those two school meeples there is nothing left for me to collect currently out there....time to organise properly
must...collect...more...tiles....

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 22, 2016, 10:23:06 AM »
You don't count Winter Edition as a spin-off?

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 22, 2016, 11:02:47 AM »
Say Clownfeet, how about some beautiful pictures to show that mega-collection?  ;)

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 22, 2016, 11:14:19 AM »
You don't count Winter Edition as a spin-off?

Dan. Well my theory is that if it has the exact same rules as the original then its not a spin off. so that's more a retheme, but its not really a retheme either. It's just different art. So i categorise it within the new art categories.

giving me: Original Art, New art and Winter art. All forming a collection of base carcassonne.

it's an interesting one for sure!

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 22, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »
Say Clownfeet, how about some beautiful pictures to show that mega-collection?  ;)

Sure, here you go - this picture, however is missing all of the travel sets, demo sets, winter sets, tile bags and my monster collection of scoreboards, wheels of fortune and 3 different shaded towers.

it doesn't actually look THAT big. but in total its:

129 expansions, base sets and additional pieces - as i mentioned above, the only things missing are a purple and black school meeple.

I'll put some proper photos on over the weekend when i've organised EVERYTHING once and for all.

the boxes below are all organised with basically wooden tile trays and boxes, and i had bespoke dividers made for all the expansions. from top left going clockwise are:

- Original 1st edition with all expansions with NO watermarks (so the first 5) - this needs the two rivers adding which i have in a drawer

- New Art editions. So...base set, promos and the expansions, I+C,T+B,P+D and A+M - bespoke dividers from BW for the new editions

- then there's the big basically wooden box with every single old art style item in it. so thats every expansion, meeple colour and several scoreboards etc etc. this is so heavy!!! - i had a couple of bespoke dividers made for the PC version of the river, the different siege tile versions, and some others!

- finally at the bottom left is the russian box. all of these BW dividers have a K on them to denote russian versions (tiles have K on back instead of C) and this is every single tile and expansion from russia. i need to get one more tile tray from BW to fit in the winter edition i just finally managed to get!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:34:44 AM by Clownfeet »

Offline Jesusgcas

• Villein
  • Merit: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 22, 2016, 02:30:12 PM »

I am interested in the be trays to use it with the original box but on their web page they don't offer that option. How do you buy them?

Thanks.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #1527 on: September 22, 2016, 03:00:46 PM »
Drop them an email - they'll be happy to sort you out with some trays: http://www.basicallywooden.co.uk/contact/

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 22, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »
Wow clownfeet. How do you get the patience to put everything back so well organized, looking at your meeples...

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 22, 2016, 10:24:05 PM »
Wow clownfeet. How do you get the patience to put everything back so well organized, looking at your meeples...

Hah. My wife says the same thing. And laughs whilst I'm sat there packing everything away.... I just can't put things back on my shelf unless I know they are sorted properly, it would actually eat me up inside...  I think I might have a problem.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
HiG twitter - The Worms love Meeple-Apple