Author Topic: Round 5: rfielder vs Carcking  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
Round 5: rfielder vs Carcking
« on: June 26, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »
I managed to win both games. Everything seemed to go my way as far as drawing just the tile I needed and completing features before I got into too much trouble. Both games exhibited a good back and forth game play early on but I had good luck being able to block and trap rfielder where possible. Making points down the stretch is what I think helped me to the victory.

(Our second game crashed after several tiles. We tried to save it and reload it with no luck. Our second attempt at the second game crashed after three tiles. Our third attempt at the second game was the charm and we finally got it completed.)

Game 1:

Game 2:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=852.0
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Round 5: rfielder vs Carcking
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
In both games, you scored almost the same number of points on cities and cloisters, but Carcking had an advantage in roads and farms. No further comment, just an observation :)

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
Re: Round 5: rfielder vs Carcking
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:52:20 AM »
@jungleboy - I had not noticed that!

Always good to be consistent.  Now, if I could find another player who consistently scores fewer points....

Just logged in here to post scores, and I see that Mr. Carcking has already done go.  Good!

Good games.   I overcommiited in both games, and ended waiting for tiles that did not appear.  Then again, Mr. Carcking's skills were why I needed specific tiles.  I am getting the impression that scoring points is only 1/3 of winning.  You need to steal your opponent's cities, and you need to block his meeples.  Those two have a huge impact on the final score.

In other words, I was outplayed.  I think someone else here has made the comment that (to paraphrase) these games represent excellent educational opportunities.  At this rate, I should soon achieve genius ranking....  :)
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Round 4: jungleboy vs rfielder

Started by rfielder

15 Replies
Last post June 18, 2014, 07:37:39 AM
by danisthirty
clip
Carcassonne League Round 2: MrNumbers vs. Rfielder

Started by MrNumbers

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2014, 01:46:42 PM