Author Topic: Can I place a bridge on a halfling  (Read 760 times)

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
Can I place a bridge on a halfling
« on: September 20, 2021, 12:52:55 AM »
I hope this works with my 3 attachments!

If the first 3 tiles create the situation where the fourth tile requires a bridge to be placed for a standard tile, placing that standard tile is allowed if you also place a bridge across it to continue the road. The road continues from the field on one side of the tile to the other side of the tile.

If however my fourth tile is a halfling, placing the bridge across that full tile space would have the bridge starting on a field, but ending "nowhere".  Is this allowed?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5475.0
Totally addicted to this game

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Re: Can I place a bridge on a halfling
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 02:12:10 AM »
No by rules, no be logic of game.

Rules for Halflings with clarrification by HiG said that halfling represend full place of square when counted scoring or occupied place on board.
Rules for Bridge said that bridge can be placed over tile for field/field edges, but not over Acrobat place for Pyramide (Big Top Large Expansion).

So. You requested placement not follow rules field/field on edges, because, end of bridge will be placed on board (table), not on other halfling.

When situation will be other, that halfling on currently not occupied place will be placed, and you place this tile, and it will be possible to place bridge over two halflings, then it will be possible due to rule of "one place = square".
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Can I place more than one Bridge?

Started by PapaGeek

6 Replies
Last post December 21, 2021, 04:39:08 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Halfling Sheep

Started by Carcassonne King

6 Replies
Last post July 13, 2020, 06:26:28 PM
by Drodo
xx
When can I place a Tower Floor

Started by PapaGeek

5 Replies
Last post February 21, 2022, 05:04:36 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Fairy - can I move it when I have no followers left to place?

Started by saery

1 Replies
Last post September 16, 2015, 08:34:36 PM
by Fritz_Spinne
xx
Can the Robbers Son place a Phantom

Started by PapaGeek

2 Replies
Last post August 16, 2022, 05:31:29 AM
by PapaGeek