Poll

In terms of online discussion, information sharing etc.

Carcassonne Central/de/cz etc only
6 (40%)
mostly Carcassonne Central/de/cz etc
6 (40%)
equally active on both
1 (6.7%)
mostly BoardGameGeek
1 (6.7%)
BoardGameGeek only (I'm responding to this during an out of body experience)
0 (0%)
(none of the above - see my comment)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Where are you most active online?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
Where are you most active online?
« on: May 24, 2021, 04:49:34 AM »
I'm curious as to how other Carcassonne Central members divide their time between here and BoardGameGeek.

I'm interested partly to know how likely I am to bump into you over on BGG (I've bumped into a few already) and partly because I'm assuming it'll reflect how central Carcassonne is to your playing/collecting - I'm guessing some are Carcassonne players/collectors only and for some (like myself) Carcassonne is one game in a wider collection.

Clarification
When considering time spent on BGG, it doesn't have to be Carcassonne related.

Edit poll amended to include all Carcassonne centric sites :(y)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5321.0
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 05:58:24 AM by cicerunner »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: Where are you most active online?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 04:51:29 AM »
Carcassonne Central only  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 05:00:31 AM »
Missing options like Carcassonne-Forum.de, CarcassonneForum.cz
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 05:27:08 AM »
Mostly CarcC, some time on CarcF followed by BGG and Reddit...

I registered on CarcCZ some time ago but my visits are very limited lately...
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 05:58:37 AM »
Poll amended to include all Carcassonne centric sites :(y)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 09:02:29 AM »
Hi @cicerunner!  We interacted briefly on BGG when you replied to my first blog post with very helpful comments.  Honestly getting any reply at all was very encouraging and motivated me to make later posts better.  I just saw your name pop up here recently.

I only regularly play a few games: Carc, Chinese Mahjong (MCR), Cribbage, Godori.  And Carc is the only one that really draws me to the online world, except possibly making a simple Chinese Mahjong primer on BGG...

I love the BGG blog feature as a way to document my favorite Carc variant ideas.  One of my posts had 15 "likes" from users all over the world, with a few even taking me up on the offer to send them the needed wooden bits, and that was really cool.  But I don't usually get many interesting or helpful comments there (your reply being a notable exception), and the Carc Forums on BGG are very quiet, as far as I can tell.

CarcC has a core group of very knowledgeable, creative, and highly engaged users who post and provide great comments on a lot of variant and expansion ideas in the "Workshop".  Many of these are incredible and beautiful custom tiles, which I really enjoy, even if actually fabricating custom tiles is a rabbit hole I have decided not to enter.  But the accompanying rules are often adaptable to base tiles.

I also like the CarcC Strategy Forum, and got a few great replies to a post there.  But that Forum is not nearly as active as Workshop.  I have been thinking about a "Tactical Tuesday" series, similar to @Decar's fantastic "amusing musings" to see if I might wake a few slumbering giants in that realm.

Finally, the CarcC fandom and completionism posts are quite useful, because they help me persuade my family that I'm not as insane as I seem for eagerly waiting months to receive 4 Carc tiles from someone in Spain.   Or at least I'm not uniquely insane!  ;)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »
For me iare mail forums CarC and CarcF.cz . BGG is for me total chaotic as source for Carcassonne related topics due to separated forums for every expansion.
Also registered on CarF.de, checking new posts every day, but not so active.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 12:08:02 PM »

Offline KBellon

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 03:28:17 PM »
In the past BGG as I did not only play/collect Carcassonne.
But over the last 5 years I stopped buying other games and focused a lot on Carcassonne, so I recently joined CarCentral and am not active on BGG anymore.

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2021, 10:37:04 AM »
We interacted briefly on BGG when you replied to my first blog post with very helpful comments.
I had to go back to BGG and search for your username and figure out what that interaction was. But, when I did find you and then your post, I immediately remembered our Omnipotent Abbot discussion! :)

Quote from: kothmann
Honestly getting any reply at all was very encouraging and motivated me to make later posts better.  I just saw your name pop up here recently.
Yes, I've been away from Carcassonne Central more than I've been present recently. Mostly exploring other games and developing new minor obsessions in the wider world of games on BGG.

But I don't usually get many interesting or helpful comments there.
Yes, the BGG discussion around Carcassonne - in forums and in most blog posts - is usually much less interesting than here. Although I do enjoy helping people there - I regularly refer BGG people (and Reddit users for that matter) to WikiCarpedia and Carcassonne Central.

I love the BGG blog feature as a way to document my favorite Carc variant ideas.
And I'm still reading them. :)

CarcC has a core group of very knowledgeable, creative, and highly engaged users who post and provide great comments
Absolutely, which is one of the many reasons why I'll always be back. I've deliberately restricted my collection but will still be interested in minor additions and tweaks in future. And I like that coming here gives such expert insight on the latest mini expansions, sourcing components etc. (In my Carcassonne dreams there'll be a C2 reissue of Beseigers and I'd pick it up in person as part of a broader gaming visit to Essen and of course pick up that year's Spiele tile at the same time.)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:41:47 AM by cicerunner »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
YAER - Keyboard Active with Game Overview onscreen

Started by rfielder

3 Replies
Last post January 01, 2015, 02:30:47 PM
by farin
xx
The most aggressive version of Carcassonne

Started by DIN0

17 Replies
Last post April 24, 2020, 02:47:09 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Most Correct Signposts? On a Torus?

Started by kothmann

3 Replies
Last post December 07, 2021, 08:59:54 AM
by kothmann
xx
And The Most Expensive Expansion Is...

Started by Whaleyland

5 Replies
Last post April 12, 2014, 10:11:45 AM
by Scott
xx
Most expensive Carcassonne item ever on eBay?

Started by JT Atomico

44 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 04:08:48 PM
by Lotas