Author Topic: Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers  (Read 1648 times)

Offline rbanks88

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers
« on: May 16, 2021, 01:03:32 PM »
If a large farmer and a small farmer end up in the same field due to adjoinment, does the large farmer win the field and get all the points? That is, can a field be "won," or only "tied" so that both get points?

If a large farmer and a small farmer end up in the same field due to adjoinment, AND A BARN IS PLACED IN THAT FIELD, what happens? Do they both get 3 points per completed city? (or 4 points with a pig) Or does the small farmer get no points?

Thanks,
Russell

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5303.0

Offline Snearone

• Duke
  • Merit: 126
    • View Profile
Re: Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 01:28:25 PM »
If a large farmer and a small farmer end up in the same field due to adjoinment, does the large farmer win the field and get all the points? That is, can a field be "won," or only "tied" so that both get points?
Player with majority wins at the end of game, so big meeple takes all as 2>1.

If a large farmer and a small farmer end up in the same field due to adjoinment, AND A BARN IS PLACED IN THAT FIELD, what happens? Do they both get 3 points per completed city? (or 4 points with a pig) Or does the small farmer get no points?
Same as above, but after placement of the barn fields are scored immediately and both players get meeples back.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 01:32:26 PM by Snearone »
Completed: Robber's Son | Gambler's Luck | Vistas Revisited | First Wells | The Flying Machines 2
WIP: The Occult Tower | Binding Deed | Wandering Preachers | City Gates Rebuilt | New King's Orders

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 10:29:06 PM »
If I understand correct. There are three fields. One with Large meeple one if regular size meeple and one with barn. Situation is that when placing tileon board all three fields join together?
If I remember correctly, meeple gets points by cities from its own field and also field of barn by majority.
In that case in our situation I will play that only Large meeple will get point, because of majority.
If it was also previous answer, than ok. It is early morning :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 12:18:24 AM »
If I understand correct. There are three fields. One with Large meeple one if regular size meeple and one with barn. Situation is that when placing tileon board all three fields join together?

This would be the case, you join three fields, although the same would happen if you join two fields: on with the meeples and another one with the barn.

If I remember correctly, meeple gets points by cities from its own field and also field of barn by majority.

You would score the field as a whole once it is connected. You don't make any special provisions for parts of the field that were occupied only by particular players. So you first connect the fields in 1. Placing a tile and then score the resulting field with the barn in 3. Scoring a feature. Otherwise, you would might go nuts trying to keep track of who scores what in complex situations. You just score one connected field.

In that case in our situation I will play that only Large meeple will get point, because of majority.

This is correct, fields also take into account the majority, as any regular feature.

If it was also previous answer, than ok. It is early morning :)

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Waking up too early in the morning must be a sin, I daresay.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne south sea - small & large ware tokens?

Started by Windekind

1 Replies
Last post December 02, 2016, 10:50:53 AM
by aenima
xx
20th anniversary large meeple

Started by PapaGeek

5 Replies
Last post February 12, 2023, 04:36:49 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
Meeple Tile Tower - a small contest