Author Topic: C2 - Any rules for Highwaymen, Water Tower, or Farmhouses?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 29
    • View Profile
C2 - Any rules for Highwaymen, Water Tower, or Farmhouses?
« on: February 16, 2021, 12:15:56 PM »
So diving back into Carcassonne Collection mode and I’m debating if it’s worth it for BB6 Big Box 2017. I already own c2 base, c2 River, c2 T&B, and c2 I&C. However, I don’t know if I NEED c2 Minis if I already own c1 Minis, so it boils down to integration with other expansions with extra features on tiles.

I skimmed through all the BB6 Big Box 2017 posts and the latest CAR, but couldn’t find any posts about this yet.  From what I see, I count x3 Gardens (Abbot component) and x2 Cow/Pig (Leipzig component). But if the x3 Farmhouses, x3 Water Towers, and/or x3 Highwaymen are used in an official or fan expansion that I am unaware of, this might persuade me to get them  >:D

Extra tile features:

Leipzig scoring tile for Cows/Pigs/Donkeys:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5063.0
PM me for for a list of remaining items from the Carcassonne Shoppe.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: C2 - Any rules for Highwaymen, Water Tower, or Farmhouses?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »
The water towers and wells aren't used by any official expansions. I use the water towers as "mage and witch" tiles.

Highwaymen are used by the tollkeepers mini expansion.

Farmhouses are used by the land surveyors and the tollkeepers mini expansions.

The tollkeepers :
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Tollkeepers

The land surveyors :
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Land_Surveyors

Hope this helps  :yellow-meeple:

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 12:41:49 PM »
I would get Big Box 6 to have at least two bases games for longer vanilla games! The minis are cool but maybe not to use them all together...

The river tiles in BB6 have a symbol, so you can separate them from the one in the standalone base game if combining them too.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »
I would get Big Box 6 to have at least two bases games for longer vanilla games! The minis are cool but maybe not to use them all together...

I'm new here, and I agree about the above. I recently re-sold my base C2 after getting a Big Box '17. I did a couple of double base set games and they were a blast for like 5 hours. I sold the base C2 and kept the Big Box because I'm going to want to add in the 20th anniversary edition when it's released this summer so that I can do double base games, which are fun with 5-7 players (family plus kids' friends). As far as all the expansions of the Big Box, they are fun for adding diversity and complexity to the game. The interaction effects can be a bit challenging. We're trying to play 2-4 games with each new expansion before adding in the next one. We just added the gold mines, but still have Mage and Witch, Robbers, Crop Circles. Besides the complexity, having different and varied cards are nice as well as some provide different variants with even the cities, monasteries, roads and fields, so even if one doesn't play with the mini-expansion rules and actions, they are a blast just to add to the base functions.

There were a couple of times that my lady and I just did the double base game, which is nice for an extended relaxing game without the hoopla of the mini-expansions. Can't wait to do it again once the anniversary edition is released. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 01:54:48 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input!! I still need to get Tollkeepers and print land surveyors, but now that I know these extra features are used, I think that just made my decision for me  :))

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 02:42:22 PM »

"Tanners quarter: When scoring fields at the end of the game, in addition to the usual points for cities, you get 2 points for each shed (cowshed, pigsty or donkey stable) and each farmhouse in the field if you have the majority there."
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Carcatronn

• Authors
  • Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 02:59:34 PM »

"Tanners quarter: When scoring fields at the end of the game, in addition to the usual points for cities, you get 2 points for each shed (cowshed, pigsty or donkey stable) and each farmhouse in the field if you have the majority there."

Oh good call out! I missed the farmhouse rule bit. Thanks!  ^-^

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Highwaymen vs Thieves

Started by Danci

4 Replies
Last post January 08, 2017, 10:02:12 PM
by lomdr
xx
What if a player draws a tower tile but they don't have any more tower floors?

Started by carca82

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 01:12:49 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Will buy Caverna Mini and Water Expansion Promo

Started by Caciej

0 Replies
Last post April 20, 2018, 01:26:38 PM
by Caciej
xx
Any suggested house rules for Ferry + Robber Baron?

Started by jvnoledawg

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2013, 08:27:46 AM
by Carcking
xx
Has anyone tried any Maps with other expansion rules?

Started by Doom_Shark

26 Replies
Last post April 19, 2022, 11:30:49 AM
by Scott