Author Topic: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here  (Read 73534 times)

Offline TGD

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2021, 02:34:46 AM »
Shouldn't it be „Each time you do not place a meeple …”? Peasant revolts page

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2021, 08:46:44 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Carcassonne93 corrected the typo already.  :(y) :(y)

EDIT: Not even 1.5h after your tip.  :o
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:17:40 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Dkmvs

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Just lurking around..
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2021, 12:49:17 PM »
At the Festival tiles, we see this info;

The same could be said for meeple caught in bath houses.

Edit: the pic doesn’t load, so..

https://ibb.co/q75tz4n
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:52:33 PM by Dkmvs »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2021, 01:01:46 PM »
The Festival can remove one of your figures placed on a tile, including a meeple trapped in a bathhouse.

You cannot remove meeple captured by a tower because it is not placed on a tile but in a opponent's supply off the playing area (the rules are referring to this case). However, you would be able to remove one of your meeples placed on a tower.

Offline Dkmvs

• Freeman
  • Merit: 4
  • Just lurking around..
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »
The Festival can remove one of your figures placed on a tile, including a meeple trapped in a bathhouse.

You cannot remove meeple captured by a tower because it is not placed on a tile but in a opponent's supply off the playing area (the rules are referring to this case). However, you would be able to remove one of your meeples placed on a tower.

Ah like That, thanks for the clarification! I haven’t got the tower, and seeing reviews, I’m not interested, so I don’t know the rules/mechanics.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2021, 11:03:04 PM »
Hi,

The order or play mentions that "If a volcano symbol is on the tile, place the dragon on this tile." (step 1c).

It should also mention that "If the lake with volcano symbol is on the tile, place the dragon on this tile and go back to step 1b".  :yellow-meeple:

Offline qwe45

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2021, 09:59:41 PM »
Hi Meeple

https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Tower_(1st_edition) should have a line what happen if you do not have enough points to ransom a follower . I checked both RGG and ZMG and both said that if you do not have enough points, you can't ransom a follower.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:42:27 PM by qwe45 »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2021, 03:04:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up! Update made.  ;D

This sentence was missing in the CAR since it was not included in the original German rules (I checked the expansion rules and Big Box 1 rules). It seems that this clarification was added later in 2006 and some other publishers included this sentence from that moment on: RGG, Devir, Filosofia, ZMG...

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2021, 02:53:00 PM »
@Meepledrone. I found interesting sentense in rules today (my Mini 2 Messages are czech C1 design). But in BigBox 6 are written:

EN: CAUTION: You can only draw message tiles when your meeple and messenger are alone. If another player's
meeple or messenger is on a dark space when you land there, you do not draw a message tile.

DE: WICHTIG: Du kannst nur dann Depeschen erhalten, wenn du selbst am Zug bist. Landet eine deiner Zählfiguren
im Zug eines anderen Spielers durch eine Wertung auf einem dunklen Feld, bekommst du keine Depesche.

In Scoring is written, that this is only for Z-Games version. But this is also in german version.
So that this is page is related to C2 rules, it will be good to add it directly to: Dispatch: One of your scoring figures moved and ended up on a dark space of the scoreboard and other players have no one meeple on this space.

This situation is not mentioned on Scoring During Game Turn Sequence https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Scoring_During_Turn_Sequence in Dispatches section. It will be good to mention it.

Funny thing: Czech Rules of BigBox6 has not this rule. We are still different (because it will be also in Slovak rules :D)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:57:00 PM by Bumsakalaka »
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »
If you check the translation of the German rules you will see ZMG did a creative translation:

Original rules in German:
WICHTIG: Du kannst nur dann Depeschen erhalten, wenn du selbst am Zug bist. Landet eine deiner Zählfiguren im Zug eines anderen Spielers durch eine Wertung auf einem dunklen Feld, bekommst du keine Depesche.

Original rules translated into English:
IMPORTANT: You can only receive messages when it is your turn. If one of your scoring figures lands on a dark space during another player's turn, you do not receive a message.

ZMG version:
CAUTION: You can only draw message tiles when your meeple and messenger are alone. If another player's meeple or messenger is on a dark space when you land there, you do not draw a message tile.

IMHO ZMG mistranslated the whole paragraph and several other snippets here and there in the BB6 rules to my dismay. You may check some of the mistranslation affecting Minis #2, #6 and #7 here (please check all the rows referencing footnotes 12 and 13):
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Summary_of_Rule_Sets_%26_Changes

So WICA sticks to the German wording in this case. That's why this extra restrictions are not considered in the Reference Pages.

Additional comments

ZMG translates each paragraph, so it may seem correct but sometimes you may be surprised by some of them. Precisely earlier today on Discord I mentioned another case that caught my eye regarding Exp. 2 in Big Box 6. The rules in Big Box 6 are include additional text and examples not included in the standalone version of the rules for the base game, Exp. 1 and 2. So the proud owners of a Big Box 6 can enjoy richer rules and more discrepancies provided by ZMG. >:D

Check the following discrepancy regarding the pig in Big Box 6:

Original paragraph in German:
Falls dein Schwein durch Entfernen von Bauern (was durch manche Erweiterungen möglich ist) auf einer Wiese steht, auf der keiner deiner Bauern mehr liegt, nimmst du es in deinen Vorrat zurück.

Same paragraph translated into English:
If your pig, due to removal of farmers (which is possible with some expansions), is left standing during the game in a field where none of your farmers are left, return it to your supply.

Translation provided by ZMG:
If your pig is removed from the field, return it to your supply.

So you can see that ZMG replaced the original wording in the paragraph by something unrelated that provides almost no information in this case. They missed the point: the removal of a pig because its supporting farmers are gone.

If anyone comes across any additional discrepancy not reflected properly in WICA yet, please let me know. They usually hide in plain sight waiting for someone to notice them. Thank you in advance.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2021, 04:06:49 AM »
I see. Understood

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2021, 04:57:53 AM »
Actually, back in the day, I included the restriction you mentioned as a general rule for C2 but I removed it shortly after I realized it was just an addition by ZMG.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2021, 12:26:49 AM »
Something's strange on the Easter in Carcassonne page.

It says:
If an Easter Nest is completed with a dragon tile, the movement of the bunny takes place after the dragon has been moved, if it is still on the tile.

But... An easter nest completition doesn't trigger a bunny movement ? It triggers an easter nest scoring. Shouldn't it be:

"If an Easter Nest is completed with a dragon tile, the scoring of the easter nest takes place after the dragon has been moved, so meeples eaten by the dragon won't get any easter egg, even if they were adjacent to the easter nest" ?

And for
The dragon eats the Easter bunny figure (a dragon can't miss that).
This is important only to the fact that the bunny cannot hop on a tile with the dragon. Anytime else, since the bunny is played only when a bunny tile is placed (cannot occur alongside with a dragon tile), and no matter where the bunny is (in play or not, eaten or not), we have to place it on the bunny tile, having the bunny eaten by the dragon doesn't change anything?

Or did I miss something ?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2021, 04:57:34 AM »
Something's strange on the Easter in Carcassonne page.

It says:
If an Easter Nest is completed with a dragon tile, the movement of the bunny takes place after the dragon has been moved, if it is still on the tile.

But... An easter nest completition doesn't trigger a bunny movement ? It triggers an easter nest scoring. Shouldn't it be:

"If an Easter Nest is completed with a dragon tile, the scoring of the easter nest takes place after the dragon has been moved, so meeples eaten by the dragon won't get any easter egg, even if they were adjacent to the easter nest" ?

And for
The dragon eats the Easter bunny figure (a dragon can't miss that).
This is important only to the fact that the bunny cannot hop on a tile with the dragon. Anytime else, since the bunny is played only when a bunny tile is placed (cannot occur alongside with a dragon tile), and no matter where the bunny is (in play or not, eaten or not), we have to place it on the bunny tile, having the bunny eaten by the dragon doesn't change anything?

Or did I miss something ?

I've been revisiting the comments on CarcF about the fan expansion rules and there were some comments about this interaction with the dragon. The rules indicate that a dragon tile completing an Easter nest triggers an extra Easter Bunny phase. Some forum members thought this extra Easter bunny phase was undeserved but it finally made it into the rules.

You can also see that the Easter bunny wasn't originally eaten by the dragon. In the end, the HiG rules changed this and allowed the dragon to eat the bunny. However the wording was not totally updated as it reads the following (the words highlighted in red make no sense if the dragon eats the dragon):

The dragon eats the Easter bunny figure (a dragon can't miss that). The bunny can be on the same tile as the fairy and the dragon. If an Easter Nest is completed with a dragon tile, the movement of the bunny takes place after the dragon has been moved, if it is still on the tile.

So the rules in WICA are okay. The issue is that the wording may be misleading since an Easter Nest triggering additional Easter Bunny rounds is not something aligned with the basic rules of the expansion. The wording seems to reinforce or clarify something happening as a consequence of the rules instead of adding a new action.

I added a clarification in this regard to WICA.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2021, 05:20:45 AM »
The footnote 11 makes it clearer, though it seems too far fetched to add this bunny phase...  :-\

Don't you think "If an Easter Nest is completed with a dragon tile, the movement of the bunny takes place after the dragon has been moved, if it is still on the tile." was just the result of the authors writing the rules to late at night and confusing bunny tiles and nest tiles?  :yellow-meeple:

Footnote 11 is still lacking some informations though. Do we place the bunny on the dragon tile, just like if it was a bunny tile? Or does the bunny starts its phase from the tile wher it stopped at the end of the last bunny phase?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
WikiCarpedia or Wikicarpedia?

Started by NGC 54

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2023, 04:34:20 AM
by Decar
xx
A few suggestions for JCloister

Started by mike_bike_kite

16 Replies
Last post February 11, 2015, 12:29:38 PM
by mike_bike_kite
xx
suggestions pack

Started by forumisto

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 01:06:07 PM
by farin
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy
xx
Megacarc suggestions?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
by Dragonlord