Author Topic: First Game of Star Wards Carc  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Clownfeet

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 11
  • I have updated my profile now!
    • View Profile
First Game of Star Wards Carc
« on: April 27, 2016, 03:37:29 AM »
So last night at London on Board club, we had played a game of keyflower and a big game of Carc and wanted something a little bit lighter. One of the guys had recently bought Star Wars Carc and wanted to try it out. Now, i'm definitely a bit of a carc snob and so wasn't overly keen but i went along anyway as why not, and it was nearly home time.

I was playing as Yoda and the owner had bought a set of dice in everyones colour which was a great little addition. At first i was skepitcal with no "fields" and battles?! However, I have to say that i actually loved it. The mechanic of being able to jump into a "monastery" planet and fight it out was excellent and made the game so much fun.

We had a couple of huge "road"/trading route and "city"/Asteroid field battles and one three way battle which was awesome.

afterwards we all enjoyed it so much we played another 2 times. Even though we are big carc fans and love to get deep into strategies with expansions this provided a much needed lighthearted fun version with excellent intrigue and battles happening all over the place.

I thought the mechanics of the icons where you can play an extra dice were great although i feel they could have expanded the icon rules a bit more. not sure how but sometimes they just felt a little tacked on for 2 bonus points each instead of doing something extra? not sure what to suggest though?

I never thought i'd enjoy it so much but on the train home last night i got my phone out and ordered it straight away. (the missus will be livid!) and also a few sets of dice for each player as that was great.

I hear there is an expansion coming with extra rules and gameplay and i'll be on that like a shot!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2672.0
must...collect...more...tiles....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne first edition?? Is it first edition?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

10 Replies
Last post May 28, 2016, 01:07:24 PM
by Halfling
xx
WTB: First Edition, First Print with 70-point scoreboard

Started by Perimones

45 Replies
Last post April 27, 2016, 01:52:37 AM
by Decar
xx
The Voyages of Marco Polo - First plays, first impressions (image heavy)

Started by franks

5 Replies
Last post November 16, 2017, 06:07:57 AM
by franks
xx
Carc Tactics - Farms - When do you start your first one?

Started by SRBO

36 Replies
Last post April 29, 2014, 08:04:30 AM
by CKorfmann
xx
For Sale: Carcassonne Star Wars (The Expansion)

Started by danisthirty

1 Replies
Last post February 28, 2024, 07:24:28 AM
by Maiday