Author Topic: Music and Carcassonne  (Read 2701 times)

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
Music and Carcassonne
« on: February 06, 2016, 10:00:15 AM »
What music do you listen to when playing Carcassonne?

Not sure if this has been discussed at any length previously. I couldn’t find a reference on a quick search. If so, apologies in advance.

This idea came up as I was looking at Paul’s recent post for Videos related to Carcassonne.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2420.msg34432;topicseen#new

While I was searching for something to possibly post there, (didn’t really find something I thought was adequate), there was a search suggestion for, Board game music – Carcassonne. This got me thinking, what do people listen to when playing Carcassonne at home?

Do you play theme music like the following selection from youtube? Do you listen to other period music or is it heavy metal all the way?  O0

If you listen to theme music, what would you recommend?

We don’t play theme music and just enjoy what we like to listen to. Our taste is towards American contemporary Folk music like, John Prine, Lucinda Williams, Chris Issak and Shawn Colvin. We do listen to a fair amount of Irish / Celtic /Newfie music (my wife is from Newfoundland) which seems to fit the mood quite well.

Though we might just give this selection a try, in the background, next time we play.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2422.0
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
Re: Music and Carcassonne
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »
Blackmore's Night seems something that might interest you, in addition to the one you posted.

I personally only listen music when the game I play isn't online with JCZ. I need to concentrate when playing against people of this forum, probably because I don't want to look bad haha.

When playing with friends, it's something that fits our general mood and that highly depends on the occassion. It could be Tool, Porcupine Tree (all metal-ish) or even a soundtrack of the videogame 'Journey' or the movie 'Django Unchained'. Not easy to put one particular genre on it.
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
I like Blackmoore's Knight. I bought 4 of their albums and still have them in my collection. :)
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
Thanks, for some reason listening to the Blackmore's Night reminded me of Dead Can Dance. I've listened to DCD on and off since the '80's.

This is the song that popped into my head. It certainly has a medieval feel but perhaps more moorish than European. The link is accompanied by visuals from a contemporary artist, Norbert Judt, that seems to fit the music to a degree. Anyway I love this instrumental.

If that grabbed you at all, try this next. It includes a choral sound that I find captivating. This is quite introspective, maybe not for parties  :) Again I like the visuals with this though I'm not sure they perfectly accompany this piece  :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
music with carcassonne

Started by jacky1st2016

0 Replies
Last post May 07, 2023, 09:40:05 PM
by jacky1st2016
xx
WTB: Old artwork Carcassonne Hills and Sheep and/or Count, King and Robber

Started by nblack27

15 Replies
Last post June 08, 2023, 02:07:33 AM
by oldbonz
xx
Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builder Tile - Changes

Started by Decar

45 Replies
Last post January 05, 2016, 04:37:35 AM
by quevy
xx
Besiegers and Halflings II (and New Edition and Goldrush) now available at Cundco

Started by jungleboy

29 Replies
Last post October 25, 2014, 05:53:56 AM
by Darwin
question
A few WHAT IF questions regarding save and load and local and remote games

Started by Gerry

2 Replies
Last post December 20, 2014, 01:24:10 AM
by farin