Author Topic: Clarification of rules (roads, bridges, inns & tollhouses) - with HiG - 05 01 2021  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I had a brief exchange with Christof Tisch of HiG about some rules questions. This time we discussed roads, bridges, inns and features affecting tollhouses. I will summarize the answers in following posts.

Following Kettlefish's tradition...

Question in BLUE

Answer in GREEN

Still open in RED

My own comments in  MAROON

Cheers!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4971.0
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
Bridges & Inns

[Q1.] Inns affect those road segments they are on, that is, directly adjacent to. So a bridge placed on a tile with an inn would not be affected by it, since the inn would not be accessible from the bridge. Is this correct? See tile examples from Exp. 8 below.

[A1.] Yes, that is right, the Inn only counts for road which are printed next to it.
But a bridge could count as part of an »inn road« if it is linked to it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 08:16:15 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
Bridges & features affecting tollhouses

[Q2.] If we apply the same principle as in Q1, bridges placed on tiles featuring farmhouses / sheds / highwaymen / gardens would not consider those features when scoring a tollhouse bonus. Is this correct? See tile examples from Exp. 5 and Exp. 8 below.

[A2.] Yes, that is also right.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
[Q3.] Inns only affect those road segments they are on, that is, directly adjacent to (the same principle as in Q1). As per the wording of the Tollkeepers rules, the same principle should be applied to farmhouses, sheds,gardens and highwaymen symbols when scoring a tollhouse bonus. Is this correct? Please check the tile examples below, just to check if there is any additional consideration for any of the tiles. Road segments considering features for tollhouse bonuses are marked in green, otherwise in red.

[A3.] As I see it, the marks on the roads are all correct.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
Example with inns, gardens, tollhouses & bridges

As an additional note, Q1 and Q2 address the scoring question presented in the third image attached:
[Q4.1] Does the road occupied by Blue consider the inns under the bridges? I would say no.
[Q4.2] Do the tollhouses at both ends of the road occupied by Blue consider the garden under the bridge with the Blue Meeple?

[A4.1.] No, the inn under the bridge clearly does not belong or lay beside the road of the Blue Meeple.

[A4.2] In line with the previous answers, the garden does not count for the tollhouses at the end of the road occupied by Blue.

As some may notice, this was a scenario prepared for the Advent Calendar MMXX that I didn't publish, just in case the answer was not the expected one. Finally, this was not the case. ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 04:29:55 AM by Meepledrone »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarification of rules (halflings & double-sized tiles) - with HiG - 21 01 2021

Started by Meepledrone

85 Replies
Last post March 16, 2021, 06:21:22 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
Clarification of rules (fields & magic portals) - with HiG - 29 01 2021

Started by Meepledrone

9 Replies
Last post January 31, 2021, 11:21:18 AM
by DIN0
xx
Clarification of rules (acrobats & phantoms, Leipzig) - with HiG - 21-25 06 2021

Started by Meepledrone

9 Replies
Last post July 21, 2021, 01:59:05 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Clarification of rules (Castles, wagons and abbeys) - with HiG - 01 02 2021

Started by Meepledrone

9 Replies
Last post February 24, 2021, 12:26:49 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Clarification of rules (Messages) - with HiG - 29 01 2021