Author Topic: The Festival Phantom  (Read 825 times)

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
The Festival Phantom
« on: April 09, 2023, 04:16:05 AM »
The footnotes on the Festival page state that your removed meeple can be: “All of your own figures are meant here, including normal and large meeples, wagon, mayor, builder, pig, barn, shepherd, phantom, abbot meeple, ringmaster, and guard meeple."

And then: “If the Festival is used to remove a meeple, the Phantom can still be placed on that turn.”

So, the question is, can you remove the Phantom from the board, then use it as the second meeple placement?

My guess is that you can’t place it at the end of your turn if you did not have it in your stack at the start of your turn.

If it is not legal, it could make an interested house rule!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6335.0
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 04:17:47 AM by PapaGeek »
Totally addicted to this game

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Festival Phantom
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 04:42:32 AM »
The removal of the figure -the phantom in this case- would happen as first action in phase 2. Placing a meeple, and the new placement of the phantom would happen as second action in Phase 2. So this concatenation of action is perfectly valid.

You can check the consolidated Turn Sequence here and check both expansions:

https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play_(1st_edition)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 04:45:28 AM by Meepledrone »
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline PapaGeek

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023, 07:31:38 AM »
I’ll give some thought to the idea of the official rule is that you can return your Phantom and then place it on another feature!

But I do have another question before I introduce our group to this expansion.

The list of meeples that you can return to your stack includes the builder.  I assume that if you have one meeple on a feature along with your builder, when you return your only meeple to your stack the builder comes home also because it cannot be left alone on the feature.

So does the list indicate, for example when you have 2 meeples and your builder on a feature, that the builder can be independently returned to your stack leaving both meeple behind on the feature?

OR, it is trying to say that the builder is an independent meeple and it can be left behind alone on a feature after all of your other meeples have been removed? Then it would have to remain on the feature until the feature is completed and scored!

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 07:37:54 AM »
Of course you can! But please don't ask it HiG. They will surely find something against it :)

But by default. When compared rules for the tower. You can rebut your traped meeple and use it immediately in meeple placement.

So it doesn't matter if you have meeple in supply when you turn started, but important is if you have some in the phase of turn when it's required.

So yes you can use festival on phantom or trap own phantom by tower to get your phantom to your supply and use it in same turn.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 09:38:56 AM »
I’ll give some thought to the idea of the official rule is that you can return your Phantom and then place it on another feature!

But I do have another question before I introduce our group to this expansion.

The list of meeples that you can return to your stack includes the builder.  I assume that if you have one meeple on a feature along with your builder, when you return your only meeple to your stack the builder comes home also because it cannot be left alone on the feature.

So does the list indicate, for example when you have 2 meeples and your builder on a feature, that the builder can be independently returned to your stack leaving both meeple behind on the feature?

OR, it is trying to say that the builder is an independent meeple and it can be left behind alone on a feature after all of your other meeples have been removed? Then it would have to remain on the feature until the feature is completed and scored!

The rules on WICA follow the original wording by HiG, which used "figures," that is any meeple or special figure (builder, pig, shepherd or barn). So you can remove the builder directly with a Festival tile, the samw as any other figure in the list. (Cundco later released the Festival only considering meeples)

The builder cannot stay alone on a feature without a supporting meeple, so removing the last meeple in a feature supporting the builder will also force the removal of the builder.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
cheesy
The Phantom Festival

Started by Tilehunt

3 Replies
Last post August 15, 2013, 07:22:51 PM
by Tilehunt
xx
Trade For River 1 Or Festival

Started by ARabidMeerkat

10 Replies
Last post June 04, 2015, 10:33:04 PM
by danisthirty
xx
WTB: Das Fest/The Festival, Carc 2.0 edition

Started by GinCarc

2 Replies
Last post January 31, 2017, 09:34:53 PM
by GinCarc
xx
WTB The Festival 10th Anniversary (CundCo Ver.)

Started by Xanderx12

3 Replies
Last post December 01, 2017, 08:36:19 AM
by Halfling
xx
Castles in Germany and The Festival in C3

Started by Meepledrone

85 Replies
Last post June 09, 2022, 07:29:27 AM
by Meepledrone