Carc Central Community > Community Rules (Meepledrone & Friends)

The Abbot - Role on a garden

(1/2) > >>

Meepledrone:
AB01. An abbot placed on a monastery is a monk, but what is the role of an abbot placed on a garden?

Example: Placing the abbot on a garden. We don’t know its role.

Notes:
* This is relevant for the Inquisition event of the Wheel of Fortune whereby players receive 2 points for each monk they have.

Current understanding:
* An abbots placed on a garden should not be considered a monk since the feature is not a monastery.

Proposals:
* Community role indicating the abbot placed on a garden is not a monk but a gardener (or an abbot).
* Avoid any confusion with meeples placed as abbots on special monasteries (if the abbot role is also considered)

EDIT: Included proposal summary

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5591.0

DrMeeple:
Clearly isn’t a monk. I see that intention of HiG is to do a same system of a monk but without a monastic building. An Abbot in a garden= gardener. But Abbot is a religious role even in a garden… If the rules talking about monks (on a religious building) Abbot on a garden doesn’t count I think…

Willem:
I agree, not a monk.
When you would have any interaction with monastaries, i think Abbots would not be included, as they are not on monastaries, or monastary-like features. The scoring of the gardens work similarly, but that does not mean they are the same.
A meeple on a road connected to a German Cathedral doesn't count as a knight in a city, even though they score the same (i know, vague example, but still)

Meepledrone:
Gardens are not monasteries so they are not affected by vineyards or challenges! There is no garden placement restrictions around shrines for example.  ;)

DrMeeple:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on December 07, 2021, 12:30:16 PM ---Gardens are not monasteries so they are not affected by vineyards or challenges! There is no garden placement restrictions around shrines for example.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Exactly, gardens and abbots is something apart…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version