The Ocean - Men of the Sea
Carcassonne Central
April 25, 2024, 01:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ocean - Men of the Sea  (Read 9352 times)
skipboris
Authors
Duke

Merit: 14

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« on: July 04, 2009, 07:18:56 PM »

With the Ocean now fully released I thought I would release the first expansion.  There are 44 new tiles here, and two new types of chits.  This is a very complimentary expansion and completes my main vision for the Ocean.  Tell me what you think.  I suspect later I will do a mini CAR for the ocean, with everything included.  Also please let me know if I'm missing any needed tile configurations.  Thanks!

Here's the full download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntmmmlyonmd

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 10:33:30 PM »

Some general comments:

1. The Carcassonne rules term for Chits is Token
2. There's an unanswered question in the last paragraph of Stranded Island
3. How can you have a road on the Ocean (Misc. Rules)?  Do you mean road on islands instead?  Also Misc is misspelt.
4. "Put it on its back." should be "Place it lying down"
5. Apostrophe missing in "feature's completion" - second to last sentence, paragraph 4 of Chateau D'If

Other than that, everything looks good.  I see you've taken the experience with the first Ocean rules and incorporated it into here!  Good job.

skipboris
Authors
Duke

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »

Some general comments:

1. The Carcassonne rules term for Chits is Token
2. There's an unanswered question in the last paragraph of Stranded Island
3. How can you have a road on the Ocean (Misc. Rules)?  Do you mean road on islands instead?  Also Misc is misspelt.
4. "Put it on its back." should be "Place it lying down"
5. Apostrophe missing in "feature's completion" - second to last sentence, paragraph 4 of Chateau D'If

Other than that, everything looks good.  I see you've taken the experience with the first Ocean rules and incorporated it into here!  Good job.

Ok here's an update to the rules.  I tweaked and added a few rules too.  Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?idjwcjnymkz
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »

There's still one "on its back" (Chateau D'If, 3rd paragraph, 2nd sentence).  That should be "lying down".  I would suggest making the next version 1.0 and I'll get it to public downloads as it otherwise looks great.  Keep up the good work.

Edit: What's next for oceans?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:38:12 PM by Novelty » Logged

skipboris
Authors
Duke

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:30 PM »

Edit: What's next for oceans?

I got one more original expansion that will focus on the perils  and other phenomenon of the ocean itself.  Expect storms, maelstroms, sea monsters, mermaids, sirens, NPC pirates, and more.  My tentative name is "turbulent waters."  After that, some expansions based on existing expansions like:

-Buried Treasure (Treasure hunt for the ocean)
-Exotic trade goods (new trade resources for the ocean)
-Master and Commander / Pirate Lord (similar to king / robber baron)

Of course each will have an 'Ocean' twist.  I will also be trying to include existing features like the catapult fair on the newer tiles.  Don't expect such a quick turnaround on the next one though as I haven't started anything yet.  'Men of the Sea' was pretty much done the day I released Ocean 1.0.  Anyways, I'll try to put out Men of the Sea 1.0 some time tomorrow.  Thanks for the support!
skipboris
Authors
Duke

Try out the Ocean!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 02:37:19 PM »

Here is the 1.0 download with tiles and rules included:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x1ydmmwmymn
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »

Thanks for the final zipped document!  It's now available on the Public Downloads page.  Merit point given for this (and earlier for the Ocean tile montage used on the Public Downloads page).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: