Grim Reaple
Carcassonne Central
April 18, 2024, 11:15:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grim Reaple  (Read 11600 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »

Novelty,

I would like you to do the artwork for two graveyard tiles as seen as an expansion that I offered on BoardGameGeeks.com.

The black boarder around the one graveyard can be the same thickness.

Thanks,
DasViktor

Quote from: DasViktor
The Grim Reaple!

This is a variant for the game Carcassonne. It introduces the Grim Reaper of meeple, and so I call it the Grim Reaple. I have been trying to figure out what to do with the two blank tiles I got in a Carcassonne expansion. I hope you like it.

I made two graveyards. The graveyard tile with the black boarder is similar to an Abbey tile; the graveyard tile completes the section(s) it touches and can be put just about anywhere in the game. Unlike the Abbey tile, the graveyard does not need to be surrounded on four sides to be used. The other is a simpler graveyard with a road going through it. It has to be placed using the usual tile-laying rules.

When the grave yard tile is laid, the Grim Reaple comes into play. The Grim Reaple reaps one meeple. This is done in a certain order. First, the Reaple takes the closest robber on a road that touches the grave yard. If there is no robber, then the Reaple takes a knight or mayor from a city that is contingent to the graveyard or is connected to the graveyard by road. If there is no knight or mayor in a city connected to the graveyard, then the Reaple takes a monk from a cloister or abbey that is contingent to or in the same field as the grave yard. Lastly, as a professional courtesy to a meeple that uses the same tool of the trade, and a monk is not present in a contingent cloister/abbey, the Reaple takes a farmer from a field that touches the graveyard.

In the case of two meeples being equal distant from the graveyard, the player that placed the graveyard tile determines which meeple is removed from play and returns to its owner. Once the Grim Reaple takes a meeple or it is determined there are no meeples to be taken, the Reaple is removed from play.

Variant on variant: The Grave Digger

If playing with the dragon, the player placing the graveyard tile can place a meeple on the graveyard tile as the grave digger one the same turn the tile is placed. This is in addition to playing the Grim Reaple. Each time the dragon takes a meeple, the owner of the grave digger scores one point. Like other meeples, the grave digger can be removed by the dragon. The player of the grave digger does not score a point when her grave digger is taken by the dragon.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:15:01 AM »

A & CK, I hope you guys don't mind if I take the Missionary examples to use in the rules here.

First draft! Shocked

Viktor, please let me know if there's anything else that needs changing.  Also, if anyone notices any silly typos, please let me know.  I need sleep Sad

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

I read it quickly and only found one obvious typo.
#1, Second paragraph…
When a graveyard tile is played, the playing player placing the tile…
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:16:11 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:57:23 PM »

Under '1. Place a tile'

... the Grim Reaple takes a monk from a cloister or abbey, or a cultist heretic from a shrine that is next to...

DasViktor
Authors
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »

Very nice. I had not considered some of the other variables in the game that you addressed.

The tiles are beautiful. Nice job.

I would like to see the mentioning of the farmer and the tool of the trade if possible. If too wordy or would not follow game play, leave out.

Last thing I ask is please spell my name correctly. It is "Victor" with a "c" not a "k". Common mistake as my moniker is DasViktor.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 07:28:25 AM »

OK, I made the changes and even included the word tool.  It's not on the public downloads section.  Like everything else, I'd would request that be the only copy for download online (i.e. on this site), and that people should be pointed to it with links (e.g. from BGG) so that they are made aware of this site.  Thanks.

Merit point given out to Viktor!  Grats on your first merit point and I hope it won't be the last one.

Thank you for all your efforts.
You can thank them by clicking the green arrow to the left of their post and giving them a merit point.  As I said elsewhere, a merit point is like the rewards system (or the BGG thumbs up) on this site Smiley

DasViktor
Authors
Cottager

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:33:35 AM »

Okay, so where is the completed document?
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

The Public Downloads page is at: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=62

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: