Fishing Boat
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 08:01:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishing Boat  (Read 6737 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »

Fishing boat (expansion):
Each player receives in their supply one fishing boat of their color (a ship from Seafarers of Catan is best for this).  This fishing boat has a strength of two (like the big meeple from I&C). 

If they wish, a player may choose to place their fishing boat, instead of a fisherman, on a river tile.  On a subsequent turn, the player may choose, during the move the wood phase, to move their fishing boat one tile in any direction providing it stays on the river.  If the fishing boat moves onto a tile containing an unclaimed oyster (or other river symbol), it may remain there and claim the symbol for that player allowing him/her the benefits of the oyster (or other symbol) according to the normal rules. 

The fishing boat may not pass a river junction containing rocks of any size nor may it pass through a city or an underground river tunnel.  The fishing boat may not pass a waterfall and must be two tiles away from a waterfall on the upstream side.  The fishing boat also may not occupy a spring tile.

The fishing boat may not be captured by the tower, but may be eaten by the dragon and save by the fairy. 

I would suggest making the movement of the boat the same as the wagon, i.e. it can only move after it scores.
My intention was to make the ship movement simple.  However, making it the wagon of the river makes a lot of sense too.  I hadn't thought of that before, strangely enough, and if it worked the same as the wagon it would be less to remember.  I agree.

Here are the draft rules.  I took out the "may not pass a river junction containing rocks" part because at the moment, most river junctions contain rocks.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

Again, thanks.  It looks great!  Grin

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »

Well, it's been more than a week and there hasn't been any further comments.  I've updated the title to Fishing Boats (because there's more than one boat) and made it public release.  Merit point given out to CK.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: