High Places
Carcassonne Central
April 24, 2024, 04:37:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: High Places  (Read 8148 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »

This is not an AotC expansion.  Since this expansion is mainly about worship places (cloister or shrine) on the mountaintop, I thought high places would be an apt name.

The expansion will contain:
Mountains and Cities only (no farms or roads!) - new image required (think Edoras in Lord of the rings!)
Shrines - new image required (with a "barebone" shrine located on the baby dragon ledge)
Cloister - new image required (with a single storey cloister located on the baby dragon ledge)
Tower - new image required (with part of the tower foundation built into the mountainside!)
P&D icons - requires the new image from mountain and cities.

Not going to get done - Fairs

Future mountain expansions will include (in no particular order):
Trade goods - ore (new), coal (new), gold
Mountain Shack & Mansions
Rivers
Forests
Rivers & Forests!
Maybe Tournament* (& Persona*)
Maybe Guilds* & Double turn & Chivalry*
* Requires a rule change for meeples to be placed on mountains.

Edit: Removing the P&D icons and Tower to a future expansion.  This expansion however, will have cities next to mountains.  Total tiles = 36 - 6 with cloisters, 6 with shrines, 24 with both mountains and cities.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:13:04 AM by Novelty » Logged

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 05:53:10 PM »

I thought a good idea for a mountain trade good might be stone.  It would be similar to the Timber expansion for Forests.  Perhaps you could use it to replace gold and then you could just include some gold mines in the Mt. set.  Gold might be more appropriate as a trade good for the Fishermen.

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 11:34:01 PM »

There's already gold trade goods in the Gold Mines expansion.  The trade goods will probably be included if there's an interesting way of doing it.  I haven't spent the time thinking that far yet, as that will be a future expansion.  High Places will mainly focus on walls, cities and worship places on the mountains.

Edit 22nd June: Tile
Edit 26th June: Here's the draft version of the expansion.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:17:32 AM by Novelty » Logged

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:07:16 AM »

The link is broken. What is that icon on the lower left? It looks like a cult place, but is a bit hard to spot...

EDIT: Re-read your post and found it is, I think you should do something to make it a bit more obvious... maybe add some fires or torches like the official cult places?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:15:42 AM by meepleater » Logged

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 04:18:21 AM »

Sorry about the link.  It's now fixed.  You can check out all the tiles from the link.  The rules will make it very clear what it is.  (and I think what you're refering to is a shrine).

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:20:12 AM »

For some reason, I always preferred the word Cult than Shrine. I need to go now, so I'll have to read the rules tomorrow...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: