Mountains, base set
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 08:18:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Mountains, base set  (Read 28957 times)
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« on: April 17, 2009, 06:29:33 AM »

This set will introduce mountains as a landscape feature.

Total number of tiles = 36 to 45.

Other landscape features that will be included in the base set = roads, farms and cities.  Nothing else - no pig farms, no cloisters, no forests, no rivers.

When a mountain tile is placed, the player who place the tile gets a number of points.  Mountains need not be complete to score points.

If you play a tile with a mountain segment and connect 1 side to another mountain segment in play, you get 1 point
If you play a tile with a mountain segment and connect 2 sides to mountain segments in play, you get 4 points
If you play a tile with a mountain segment and connect 3 sides to mountain segments in play, you get 9 points
If you play a tile with a mountain segment and connect 3 sides to mountain segments in play as well as a fourth side (i.e. fill in a hole), you get 16 points
If you play a tile with a mountain segment and connect all 4 sides to mountain segments in play (i.e. fill in a hole), you get 25 points

Future expansions:
Trade goods - ore (new), coal (new), gold
Cults/Cloisters
Towers, Inns on Roads, Fairs, Other icons
P&D icons
Tournament (& Persona)
Guilds & Double turn & Chivalry
Mountain Shack & Mansions
Rivers
Forests
Rivers & Forests!

This is going to keep me busy!

chr15lynn
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 7

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »

Oh, I'm excited about the mountains! 
Any ideas or concepts for the mountain art yet?  I've messed around in Photoshop a bit with the mountains idea and frankly I've struggled.....  Cry

I'd love to see some ideas if you have them yet?

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 02:10:51 PM »

I'm really looking forward to the Mt. Expansion.

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:27:20 PM »

Wow, I feel pressured now.  I will probably be copying stuff from H&G for the mountains or something.  I will see what I can come up with.  Might take a while.  I did resign myself to the fact that this will be a long expansion to make.

chr15lynn
Authors
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

Wow, I feel pressured now.  I will probably be copying stuff from H&G for the mountains or something.  I will see what I can come up with.  Might take a while.  I did resign myself to the fact that this will be a long expansion to make.

I messed around a bit to try and do mountains too but I really found it tough. 
I just couldn't come up with something i was happy with. Scratch head

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:48:38 PM »

I know the feeling.  I will have to play around a lot more to get it right.  The H&G style might not fit with the normal Carc style though, and that's one thing I'm worried about.  I'm actually taking an easy weekend (i.e. no more Carc this weekend!) so it'll have to wait until the next one until I have something I'm happy with to show.

chr15lynn
Authors
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:57 AM »

The H&G style might not fit with the normal Carc style though, and that's one thing I'm worried about. 

Yup, that's exactly what I tried   Grin
Just having a quick go at them I felt like they were really repetitive looking, and I wasn't willing to redraw or re-do a lot.....
THIS is my first effort.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 02:03:11 AM »

That doesn't look too bad.  Maybe I should retire and you should do all the tiles, Chris Smiley

I'm going to start off with a MMMM tile anyways, or at least that's the plan.

meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »

Those tiles look quite good...

chr15lynn
Authors
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 02:30:52 AM »

Maybe I should retire and you should do all the tiles

Shocked

lol, no thank you - this is your gig  Not worthy

And I definitely don't have as much time as I used to for graphics stuff....wife+2 kids+more than full-time job= Sleepy blue

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 08:03:36 AM »

lol, no thank you - this is your gig
No it's not.  Anyone is welcome to make tiles!

And I definitely don't have as much time as I used to for graphics stuff....wife+2 kids+more than full-time job= Sleepy blue
How about I make you a deal then - I'll see what I can do with the mountain tiles if you finish making 12 of those excellent wheatfield tiles?

chr15lynn
Authors
Nobleman

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »

How about I make you a deal then - I'll see what I can do with the mountain tiles if you finish making 12 of those excellent wheatfield tiles?

lol, no problem....I've already got 2 more done and I'll finish the 12.  It might take me another week or so, dependent on how much spare time I have though  :Smiley

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »

The wheat fields are intended to be trade goods, right?  What will the token graphic be?

(Perhaps this belongs in the Wheat Fields thread?)

Flee the fleas!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »

OK, here's my try for mountains.  The MMMM tile looks horrible IMO, but it's actually not too bad if there's some grass.  Should I continue along this path?  Oh and a merit point to whoever (except Authors and mods) that names the expansion (and the item) that I stole this image from!

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »

OK, here's my try for mountains.  The MMMM tile looks horrible IMO, but it's actually not too bad if there's some grass.  Should I continue along this path?

I like them.  I don't think they look bad at all... yes, you should run with that.  Especially considering the art is semi-original.   Wink
If I was to make a suggestion, the only thing I could think of would be to maybe make them a little bit bigger and have less of them on a tile, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Oh and a merit point to whoever (except Authors and mods) that names the expansion (and the item) that I stole this image from!

That looks to me like a little slice of volcano!  (from P&D)   Grin
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:58:44 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: