tiny ideas
Carcassonne Central
April 26, 2024, 03:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tiny ideas  (Read 9569 times)
Deatheux
Marquis

Merit: 2

Awards
« on: March 08, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »

instead to re-invent the cannon powder or the 4 holes button, here an quick idea that might help carcassonne to develop/interest poeple/just can't be worst that the latest releases/propo...

just a few tiles with a PARTICULAT symbol on, and have some different effects like:

(symbol A): draw one more tile this turn,
(symbol B): reclaim a prisonner from any opponent,
(symbol C): add a follower in CC for free,
(symbol D): place the dragon on any tile(of your choice),
(symbol E): before ending your turn, take the fairy and place her on any tile with one of your meeple,
(symbol F): place any meeple in play to another incomplete feature,                  ==> i like that very much!!
(symbol G): before draing your next tile, instead draw 3 tiles, choose the one you want to play and replace the other in the stack.

etc...

that way we are able to change the way of the developpement of the game, without tearing the hairs of a bald leper!

LCF = 57 + 3!!!

13 man on the field IS a penalty!!!!!(10 yards, automatic 1st down)

A match can never be ended on a defensive penalty!!!
Gantry
Administrator
Chatelain

Merit: 20

taken

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:04:12 PM »

I dunno about the ideas themselves, but nice metaphores

Have ideas for Carc Central?  PM me!
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »

That sounds like a good idea.

I've added it to the expansion in development list.

JaffaMan11
Cottager

Merit: 0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 06:11:30 AM »

Just a thought on this one - one way to do it with minimal changes is to use symbols already available. Either:

1. just allocate existing symbols to the "bonuses" - eg shield in city = draw extra tile, volcano = reclaim prisoner, trade good = move meeple to incomplete feature etc
or
2. if you aren't playing a particular feature (eg princesses) then when one of those tiles comes up, the bonus could come from a dice throw (I know - adds dice which is ugly).
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »

instead to re-invent the cannon powder or the 4 holes button, here an quick idea that might help carcassonne to develop/interest poeple/just can't be worst that the latest releases/propo...

that way we are able to change the way of the developpement of the game, without tearing the hairs of a bald leper!

Where's Skull One when you need him?   Wink

Flee the fleas!
Skull One
Vassal

Merit: 4

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

Where's Skull One when you need him?   Wink

In the immortal words of Buckwheat from the Our Gang (Little Rascals) television show:

Here I is!

While I know my input isn't actually needed  Smiley  I must say the idea actually has merit.   Enough so, that I will be working on the ideas that JaffaMan11 has suggested for Deatheux original design.  I will only use tiles from the expansion where the idea is applicable.  I am going to start with each of his 7 ideas needing 4 to 6 distinct tiles or plays (ie, you add something to someone features where you have no meeples involved) to allow the mechanic to be activated. Hopefully in 10 to 14 days I should have enough play testing to see what works and what doesn't.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: