Inn and Stable Owners
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 09:42:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Inn and Stable Owners  (Read 31815 times)
ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Merit: 1

Awards
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:21:36 PM »

Here is a suggestion for the use of the meeples from the travel Carcassonne.

If a person lays a tile with the inn on the lake they can place the smaller meeple on the inn and become the owner of the inn. they don't have to own the road to own the Inn.

Point wise they could get 3 points after the road is completed.

If anybody thinks that this might be a good way off playing they can run with it and create a variant for this. I am no good at writing up anything, just keep me in the loop, I might have other ideas.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:58:33 PM by Scott » Logged
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

Sounds interesting... nice and simple... good variant... how many mini meeples would each person get, considering that there are 7 inns in the game? Two each?

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:45:24 PM »

that would still need to worked out. But it would depend on how many expansions you are using or who gets lucky and draws all 7 tiles he would bcome owner of all the inns.
meepleater
Authors
Viscount

Merit: 20

Some people finish stuff, others d

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »

In that case it seems that everyone needs 7 meeples, but since they are only useful for inns, the other 42 would be useless... maybe something similar for catherdrals/ trade good symbols/ fairgrounds etc.

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »

I will need to take a closer look at the tiles and see what is possible.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 03:15:14 AM »

Perhaps the smaller meeples can be placed at farmhouses and pig farms and maybe other places as well?

bufferm44
Villein

Merit: 9

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 08:35:19 AM »

Somewhere I read about a rule like that:

The small ones are "children" and can only be placed 3 tiles away from a parent (any normal Meeple). If the kid has scored once, it grows up (put it away and take a new normal one).

Maybe I will find the link later...

EDIT here it is...

http://www.john-warren.co.uk/carcassonne/files/Kids_0_6.pdf
Tobias
Global Moderator
Viscount

Merit: 9

The last cookie!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »

Hmm, Maybe something like this:

Four imps (mini-meeples), who lives at inns (they help clean the stable and other such tasks). One imp on one road give you one point when the road is finished, two gives two points, three gives five points, and four gives ten. However - if anyone but the owner of the imps (there could be several differently coloured imps on one road) finishes the road, the points are negative (for the imp owner). An alternative could be to have the dragon move one step for the first imp, two for the second, three for the third and five for the fifth - it will always mo toward the closest imp and it will not eat anything else but imps. (Imps are videly regarded as snacks among dragons - trust me I know these things.)

Now - I have not thought this through, but it goes in line with the mischievously nature of imps. And - we avoid calling them children (which is almost a curse word)! Feel free to comment, steal or disregard!

This will also give you an incentive to play the roads as they should be played: roads do not stop in bushes Smiley

Nature finds a way. Tobias finds two.
ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »

Perhaps the smaller meeples can be placed at farmhouses and pig farms and maybe other places as well?

Adding these to the inns sounds good. Using the smaller meeples to use on some of the other tile features to get extra scoring. Just need to figure out the points for each feature and what all the different features there are that can be used.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »

That is a different expansion by a different person...

I look forward to the other features that may be used to score with this fan-made expansion/variant.  I'm sure there are a lot of unused features on tiles that may be used.

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 06:26:54 PM »

I have come up some info for using the travel meeples.

I don't have all the expansions but what I have found is that there are 39 inn tiles.

Other tiles that would work with the travel meeples is the wells, pig farms and ranches. The part I need to know is what would consist of ranches. I am thinking the brown buildings with fences around them are the ranches or  would it just consist of the ones with animals on them.

Points wise i am still working out the details. For starters, if a person finishes a road with a inn on it it would be worth 4 points and the inn would only be worth 3 points. Would it be wise that the inn points be worth alittle more or just keep it as 3 just in case somebody already has a follower on the road another player can then put there owner on the inn.

Another thing I am thinking is to add some more inn tiles just incase others haven't made the other variants from this site so that they don't have to go throught finding the inn tiles on all the variants.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 08:39:45 PM »

Where can I find a Template to create the Carcassone Variant rules that I see as PDF's on this site?
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »

Where can I find a Template to create the Carcassone Variant rules that I see as PDF's on this site?

PM sent regarding this.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention, this is listed in the in development thread as "Inn Owners".  Have fun.

ShadowP68
Authors
Villein

Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

I noticed that while looking through the forums. Thanks Novelty.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: