wheatfields
Carcassonne Central
April 19, 2024, 02:27:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: wheatfields  (Read 35297 times)
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 2

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« on: October 20, 2008, 05:52:13 AM »

very first draft of these tiles

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:55:23 AM »

I'm not sure I can tell that's wheat... it doesn't stand out too much.  I think it needs to be brighter.

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:16:49 AM »

so you'd prefer a much brighter yellow ??
something like this ??

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 06:18:28 AM »

That looks a lot better!  Good job!  How many tiles are you making?  12?

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 06:20:51 AM »

I think 12 yep. same as the lavendar fields
thinking of adding some sort of token, not sure yet

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 06:21:24 AM »

I would say no tokens.  Otherwise there will be too many tokens in the game Smiley

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 06:26:13 AM »

rules idea .
To be played together with merchants and traders expansion.
when placing the tile connected to a city with a wheat token on it, you get 5 points, otherwise no points.

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 06:28:50 AM »

I thought the wheatfield idea was like lavender, but for cloisters instead?  i.e. if you place a wheatfield next to a cloister, you get a double turn?

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 06:31:02 AM »

that's a good idea as well. than we can use my idea for the combination vineyards and barreltokens

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 06:36:36 AM »

I thought vineyards are for shrines?  i.e. if you place a vineyard next to a shrine, you get a double turn?

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 06:39:16 AM »

will think of something else for the shrines. perhaps sunflower fields or something like that

Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 07:04:47 AM »

Just to add to the confusion, I thought vineyards were going to be for cloisters, since monks make wine.

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »

monks also make beer... using wheatsorts ..lol....confusion complete ;-)
I'm gonna make the tiles first, than the rules :-)

Cappy
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 03:50:39 PM »

Heh. Well, whichever goes for whatever, I much prefer the second draft with the brighter wheat. If you can avoid the use of tokens, that would be nice.

Or... any thoughts on combining wheat with the wheat trade counter from T&B and vineyards with the wine barrels?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:16:28 PM by Cappy » Logged
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 07:03:33 AM »

How goes the wheatfield tiles?  I can't wait to see how these tiles will turn out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: