vineyards
Carcassonne Central
March 28, 2024, 03:00:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: vineyards  (Read 32753 times)
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Merit: 2

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:45:01 AM »

I want to make some vineyard tiles + tokens or something to add to the game as well
But now I discovered this expansion The Well & The Donkey - Unofficial Carcassonne expansion at http://www.naturelich.com/games/archives/2007/01/carcassonne_the_4.html
This unofficial expansion contains:
2 Donkey tiles
3 Wheat Field tiles
5 Vineyard Field tiles

carcassonnedonkey.jpg
Donkey Tile
When the Donkey Tile is played every player that has a meeple in the city loses one of their meeples. If someone has more than one meeple they only loose one meeple. Lost meeples are removed from the game. (The tile pictures the donkey and “The Big Well” from the medieval Cité in Carcassonne.)

carcassonnewheat.jpg
Wheat Field Tile
If a player has a farmer in a field that contains a Wheat Field Tile and touches a city that contains a wheat token, when the city is complete the majority farm owner takes the wheat token even if they were not the one to complete the city. The farm does not have to be complete for this effect.

carcassonnevineyard.jpg
Vineyard Field Tile
The Vineyard Field Tile works the same way as the Wheat Filed Tile. The Vineyard Field Tile works with the barrel tokens.

what do you guys think ? Should it be okay to make vineyard tiles of my own or not ?

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Merit: 49

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:05:13 AM »

Yeah, feel free to make your own vineyard tiles.  You are free to have your own fan-made versions.

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:34:17 AM »

okay...so as Of now this is my new project :-)
hope to post some drafts soon ;-)

plays with all official expansions + Gold Mines,Jousting tournament, Lavendar fields, Forests (partial), The orders of Chivalry, In the stocks, The gallows, archery tournament, the outpost, apothecaries and tithes, wells, wheatfields, grim reaple, Market commons and a lot of other german expansions.
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:41:47 AM »

Once again, I am agreeing with Novelty. IMHO, the artwork in Well & Donkey is not very good quality. Based on your lavender tiles, I expect you can do better vineyard tiles. If you wanted, you could also easily do better wheat fields or whatever kind of fields you want. You are also free to make different rules if you want, perhaps incorporating elements from more recent expansions. Bringing things up to date is how some of us got rolling on all these projects.

Cappy
Authors
Freeman

Merit: 3

Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »

Yes, please, I'd much rather have wellidesigns vineyards!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing these tiles.  Are this still in development?

Flee the fleas!
wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 05:43:43 AM »

first draft
what do you guys think ??

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 07:51:47 AM »

Hmmm...

I think...
1. it's a bit too square.  I liked how the lavender fields and the wheatfields were not square
2. I can't see any grapes - should there be some sort of grapes?
3. I don't see any vines - I thought grapes would be growing on the vines?

It's a good first try, but I think it can be improved.

CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 11:23:44 AM »

I think I agree with Novelty.  It looks nice, but it looks more like an orchard to me.  Honestly, I imagine it would be very difficult to draw a vineyard.  I don't think I even know what one looks like.  The only grape vines I've seen growing are usually on a fence or some kind of trellis. 

Although, now that I've looked up some images online.  It does look somewhat like what you've drawn.  Maybe if you just made them a little more purple or green or both, it might look better even if not completely realistic.  This is a hard one! 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:15:05 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
Scott
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 45

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »

A vineyard looks like this:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1064+216+St,+Langley,+BC&sll=49.021238,-122.622002&sspn=0.006121,0.016383&ie=UTF8&ll=49.02128,-122.622228&spn=0.006121,0.016383&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »

I guess I expected it to look something more recognisable as a vineyard like this:

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 04:12:40 AM »

still trying on these, but it's not that easy to create realistic looking vineyards
if anyone else wants to give it a try , plesase feel free to do so !!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »

This is a nice view of the city of Carcssonne and the vineyards:

wellidesigns
Authors
Nobleman

Photoshop-addict

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 05:58:56 AM »

I can't get the look like it's supposed to be, so if anyone else wants to draw the tiles, go ahead !!!

Novelty
Authors
Marquis Chevalier

Custom Tile Maker

Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 06:39:11 AM »

Shall I put it up for voting on the collaborative expansion of the month?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: