A Horse expansion
Carcassonne Central
April 26, 2024, 03:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THESE FORUMS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. PLEASE GO TO THE NEW FORUMS: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/

Home   Help Search Staff List Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Horse expansion  (Read 20006 times)
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Merit: 32

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »

Somewhere I read about a Horse expansion that I think used those four tiles with the blue circle and horse head (similar to the dragon tiles).  It also used a neutral horse meeple that moved around the board.  I don't remember much about the expansion, nor do I remember where I saw it, but I do remember liking it a bit.  I have since looked around for an appropriate horse meeple, but can't find one.  Strangely enough I've found a moose meeple and I think a sealion and polar bear, but so far no horse. 

Has anyone ever seen a horse meeple anywhere?  If I could find one, I think this is one I'd like to try to adapt.

Flee the fleas!
djdahmer
Vassal

Merit: 2

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 02:59:35 AM »

Somewhere I read about a Horse expansion that I think used those four tiles with the blue circle and horse head (similar to the dragon tiles).  It also used a neutral horse meeple that moved around the board.  I don't remember much about the expansion, nor do I remember where I saw it, but I do remember liking it a bit.  I have since looked around for an appropriate horse meeple, but can't find one.  Strangely enough I've found a moose meeple and I think a sealion and polar bear, but so far no horse. 

Has anyone ever seen a horse meeple anywhere?  If I could find one, I think this is one I'd like to try to adapt.

I first saw this on the Naturelich website, but I later found a discussion of it on BGG (www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/129731). Don't know if that helps.
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

Merit: 30

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:01:46 AM »

Well, an expansion to Agricola (due for release later in the year) adds wooden horses to Agricola.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »

Well, an expansion to Agricola (due for release later in the year) adds wooden horses to Agricola.
Cool!  I'll bet that would work since the sheep, pig, and cow work pretty well for Shepherds and Dragon Hunter.  
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:19:23 PM by CKorfmann » Logged

Flee the fleas!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »

Cool!  I'll bet that would work since the sheep, pig, and cow work pretty well for Shepherds and Dragon Hunter.  
Do you have a link for that?  I'd really like to take a look.

Flee the fleas!
Joff
Authors
Chatelain

I play yellow... usually

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »

Do you have a link for that?  I'd really like to take a look.

Sure...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/43018
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »

Thanks Joff!  I don't know why every time I type your name it comes out Jogg and I have to fix it...

Anyway, I've been discussing this one a little bit and hear's where I think it is so far.  There is one horse that is a neutral figure.  I've asked the author of the original horse expansion on BGG for permission to use their stuff.  I'd say there should be anywhere from 6-8 horse tiles.  When a tile is drawn, the horse moves to that tile and from there moves like the dragon (6 tiles, give or take).  If the horse is on a farm with your farmer, your farmer counts as two (at the end of the game of course).  If the horse is in a city, than the person with the majority of knights gets to ride the horse (move one of their knights and the horse) to a new city. 

The original rules stated that the horse was moved to a horse tile when placed, and then moved at the completion of any road.  Not sure if I'd elect to keep that rule, but I don't know.  I assume the horse should perhaps do something with a road.  How about the cart?  Any ideas?

Flee the fleas!
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 11:16:09 PM »

I hadn't been on BGG in a while, but visited there today and noticed I had a reply from the original creator of the Horse expansion.  He gave me permission to use it here, so I'll add it to my list of projects in the works (perhaps perpetually).  If anyone wants to lend a hand, it would be greatly appreciated.

Flee the fleas!
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »

I'd help, but this week is proving to be a bit busy.  Next week should be better for me.
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 06:33:46 AM »

Should the tiles be re-done to better match eachother?
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 01:57:44 PM »

Sure, if you'd like to do something with them, that would be great! 

Flee the fleas!
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:06:44 AM »

Here's the new Horse Tiles:

http://gwommy.tripod.com/carcassonne/HorseTiles.pdf
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »

Those look really good.  Good job!  My only question is concerning the open field tile.  It would be really cool if we could have a few horse wandering in that field like the sheep on the other two tiles.  Not sure how easy that would be to do and keep in the same style, but I think that tile could use something on it.  If nothing else, maybe just a farm house and corral.

Flee the fleas!
Gwommy
Count

Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 08:47:19 AM »

I'd be more inclined to just delete that tile altogether.  Then it'd be a 6 tile expansion like many other fan-based expansions.  But that's just my opinion.
CKorfmann
Authors
Duke Chevalier

Pigs are meeple too!

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »

That would also work.

Flee the fleas!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: