Author Topic: Where to get phantom in bonus colors?  (Read 5879 times)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: Where to get phantom in bonus colors?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:55 PM »
I received my 12 translucent meeples from MeepleSource.com today. For anyone interested, they look to be exactly the same as the ones from Ebay. I'm guessing he is likely just a reseller. However, as I only ordered a few from the Ebay seller, I am curious to see the difference between the "grey" and "black" side by side if anyone orders the full set!

I ordered the full set on ebay, I'll post a picture when I get them  ;)

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 07:12:47 PM »
I ordered the 12mm set and meeplesource and asked the proprietor to add in a 12mm grey also to make the set of 13. The 12mm are smaller than the standard 16mm phantom translucents but the size makes a nice way of distinguishing from the teacher. -  :pink-meeple:

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 10:39:29 PM »
I ordered the 12mm set and meeplesource and asked the proprietor to add in a 12mm grey also to make the set of 13. The 12mm are smaller than the standard 16mm phantom translucents but the size makes a nice way of distinguishing from the teacher. -  :pink-meeple:

I hope you'll get a grey one  :yellow-meeple:

I ordered the set (with grey) at ebay, but apparently US post services are quite overwhelmed since many months! I don't know when I'm gonna get those meeples  :yellow-meeple:

For stuffs I ordered in the US, it took 3-4 weeks from shipping point to US border, and 2-3 days from US border to my mailbox in Switzerland.
And for stuffs I shipped to the US (5 times in the past 6 months), it took 2 days from my local post office (lost in a small village) to US customs, and then a month from US customs to its final destination in the US.  :-\

Offline totec55

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 11:52:57 PM »
The mail is more than frustrating at the moment! I am in the US and some domestical mail will make it in 2 days from the other side of the country, while packages fairly local show up after 2 weeks. I have ordered quite a bit of international stuff and some of it showed up quicker! One package from Belgium arrived within a week (I'm still not sure how it got here so quickly!). The real kicker is a package I ordered from Cundco.de though. I placed the order on Dec 20th and it still hasnt shown up!

I hope your phantoms make it to you corinthiens13!

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2021, 05:15:53 AM »
Plase keep us posted with all your findings!

Being an expansion completely neglected in C2, it seems to be gaining popularity in the backstage, so to speak.  ;)
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2021, 10:53:22 PM »

I ordered the set (with grey) at ebay, but apparently US post services are quite overwhelmed since many months! I don't know when I'm gonna get those meeples  :yellow-meeple:

For stuffs I ordered in the US, it took 3-4 weeks from shipping point to US border, and 2-3 days from US border to my mailbox in Switzerland.
And for stuffs I shipped to the US (5 times in the past 6 months), it took 2 days from my local post office (lost in a small village) to US customs, and then a month from US customs to its final destination in the US.  :-\

Yeah, international shipping is quite a bummer. It makes more sense to buy a large order because even small orders are expensive to ship...so might as well buy big

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »

Got them today !  :D

I'll post comparison pictures soon  :yellow-meeple:

Sadly the only missing color is nature, instead there's sky blue and turquoise  :'(

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 01:32:02 AM »
So here are some comparison pictures.

The phantoms from ebay do not all have the same thickness (some are thiner), but strangely, every colors that are also available on meeplesource have the same thickness, maybe the set originally comes from meeplesource?).
Also, original phantoms have very sharp edges, those from ebay have more smooth rounded edges.

Sadly, there's no nature (light brown) phantom, if anyone knows where to get one?  ???

Most meeples on the pictures are originals from cundco, except the phantoms from ebay, and some teachers with special colors that came from spielmaterial.

Closeup:

Closeup:

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 06:56:15 AM »
Great comparison, corinthiens13!

+1 merit from me.

Offline Allograft

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 05:05:55 PM »
Nice. Your ones for the teacher/spielmaterial, there are only 8 colors on spielmaterial at the moment https://www.spielematerial.de/en/games/carcassonne/transparente-meeples-17889.html

Did they used to have more because it looks like you have 13 colors? -  :pink-meeple:

Offline totec55

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 08:42:55 PM »
Great pictures corinthiens13! Could you post a side by side closeup comparison picture of the black Cundco phantom, Black Ebay/Meeple Source phantom, and gray Ebay/meeple Source phantom when you have the time?

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 09:26:56 PM »
Nice. Your ones for the teacher/spielmaterial, there are only 8 colors on spielmaterial at the moment https://www.spielematerial.de/en/games/carcassonne/transparente-meeples-17889.html

Did they used to have more because it looks like you have 13 colors? -  :pink-meeple:

The link you mentioned is phantoms, not teachers.  :yellow-meeple:

(phantoms are coloured inside too, teachers are cristal clear inside)

Teachers are here: https://www.spielematerial.de/en/transparent-meeples.html

Great pictures corinthiens13! Could you post a side by side closeup comparison picture of the black Cundco phantom, Black Ebay/Meeple Source phantom, and gray Ebay/meeple Source phantom when you have the time?

Ok, I'll post one soon  ;)

Great comparison, corinthiens13!

+1 merit from me.

Thanks  :yellow-meeple:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:29:08 PM by corinthiens13 »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 11:00:44 PM »

Here are closeups of the black and grey figures  ;)

Offline totec55

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 10:05:00 AM »

Thank you. I may go ahead and order the gray Ebay one.

+1 merit from me.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 10:28:06 AM »

Thank you. I may go ahead and order the gray Ebay one.

+1 merit from me.

Thanks  ;)

And if anyone knows where to find a nature (light brown) phantom, I'm interested  :yellow-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Can you get Message when you get negative points?

Started by Bumsakalaka

8 Replies
Last post August 14, 2022, 10:49:21 PM
by Scott
xx
@CundCo-Shop: Under The Big Top - Ringmasters in alternative colors

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

1 Replies
Last post April 11, 2019, 08:02:39 AM
by DrMeeple
question
Shepherd Meeples, alternate colors?