Author Topic: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here  (Read 72077 times)

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: WikiCarpedia: request corrections or submit suggestions here
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2020, 02:17:32 PM »
Hi,

A note on the interaction of wagon and bathhouses is missing on Barber-surgeons and on exp. 5 pages.

Situation 1
If a feature containing only a wagon is closed and there is at least one free bathhouse :
  • Bathhouse action first, wagon second but blocked: The wagon moves to a free bathhouse and is stuck there (the correct answer according to my understanding of the rules)
  • Wagon action first, bathhouse second: The wagon may move to an adjacent feature and if he does so, he doesn't go to a free bathhouse as he's not on the closed feature anymore (seems odd)
  • Bathhouse action first, wagon second: The wagon moves to a free bathhouse and can then move to a feature adjacent to the bathhouse  :)) (seems very odd!)

Situation 2
And also... When a bathhouse containing a wagon is completed, can the wagon be placed to an adjacent feature?
I guess no as the rule says
the Meeple placed in the bathhouse can be taken back immediately and for free

A note on WICA about both those situations would be nice  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:21:18 PM by corinthiens13, Reason: Added 2nd situation »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2020, 05:29:21 PM »
Hi,

A note on the interaction of wagon and bathhouses is missing on Barber-surgeons and on exp. 5 pages.

Situation 1
If a feature containing only a wagon is closed and there is at least one free bathhouse :
  • Bathhouse action first, wagon second but blocked: The wagon moves to a free bathhouse and is stuck there (the correct answer according to my understanding of the rules)
  • Wagon action first, bathhouse second: The wagon may move to an adjacent feature and if he does so, he doesn't go to a free bathhouse as he's not on the closed feature anymore (seems odd)
  • Bathhouse action first, wagon second: The wagon moves to a free bathhouse and can then move to a feature adjacent to the bathhouse  :)) (seems very odd!)

In general terms, checking if a meeple has to be trapped in a bathhouse should happen first, otherwise you remove the meeple as usual. However for wagons, removing the meeple after scoring may be traded for moving the wagon to another feature, if possible.

The second option, deciding to send a wagon to a bathhouse if it cannot be moved, seems odd, as you mention. Trapping a meeple is unconditional for one-meeple scorings, there is no way to escape from it unless there are no free bathhouse. However, moving the wagon is an alternative (when possible) to returning it to its owner's supply.

The third option would not make sense either. If your wagon is trapped, it cannot move.

The first option is the one considered in the Order of Play (select Exp. 5 and Baber-Surgeons and check step 3B):
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Order_of_Play

Situation 2
And also... When a bathhouse containing a wagon is completed, can the wagon be placed to an adjacent feature?
I guess no as the rule says
the Meeple placed in the bathhouse can be taken back immediately and for free

A note on WICA about both those situations would be nice  ;)

When a meeple trapped in a bathhouse is freed (the batthouse is surrounded in 1. Placing a tile or you bought back the meeple in 2. Placing  a meeple, Step 2A) it goes straight to your supply, even the wagon (there is no feature scoring involved here, as required by the wagon to move). Then you can place it in 2. Placing  a meeple, Step 2B-1.

Scenario 1 may use a clarification in The Barber Surgeons. Scenario 2 is just applying the rules, so maybe a clarification wouldn't be necessary.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2020, 06:06:54 PM »
On short, which is the correct option? 1, 2 or 3?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2020, 06:12:49 PM »
For Situation 1? The first one. The action sequence would be as follows:
1. If meeple has to be trapped in bathhouse, do so
2. If not, if it is a wagon and can be moved, decide if you want to do so
3. Otherwise, return meeple to owner
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 06:15:03 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2020, 09:55:08 PM »
Scenario 1 may use a clarification in The Barber Surgeons. Scenario 2 is just applying the rules, so maybe a clarification wouldn't be necessary.

Agreed, thanks  ;)

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2021, 06:42:50 AM »
Ok. I found some glitch.
When opening for example Scoring during turn sequence. I select mine expansion. When going back, and again to this page, selection is stored and all mine (requested) expansions are checked. When going to Order of play, selection is used from previous page.

But when opening page in another tab, selection is lost.

It's pitty, when wanted to open Scoring during turn sequence and Order of play in two tabs, I have to select all expansions. because in second tab, selection is lost ;-(

Also when going to page again in different tab (means next day after closing browser).
Before, selection was stored in cookies I guesss, and it was easy to check without select all of expansions. Currently need's to go to Filter, swtich also C1 version, go to First / Second and third tab to select all expansions.
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2021, 06:58:36 AM »
Please try now!

The pages with the Game Reference, Order of Play and Scoring summaries are using cookies again...  ;)

The Tile Reference use too much information to be stored in cookies, so it will continue to use local storage.

It seems Local Storage has a more compartmentalized behavior than cookies.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 07:37:28 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2021, 08:07:41 AM »
Cool. It works as expected ;D
And it share it also in Game figures.
Great.

Selection for Tile reference uses different selections based on versions of expansions and it's dificult to shere selection there.

Thank you for quick response.

I was printing to PDF offline version of game sequences because of new expansions and new rules and I was confusing, that It was working before! ;-D

+1 Merit

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2021, 08:16:35 AM »
Thanks!

Yep! The Game Reference shares the same selector, based on expansion rulesets and components.

Luckily, I left everything prepared to easily switch between both behaviors as required...  ;)

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2021, 03:08:15 PM »
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Special:AllComments
Also, the reference pages should consider Carcassonne Maps and Spin-offs.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2021, 03:47:36 AM »
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Special:AllComments

Yes, I have to address some comments I couldn't address yet.

Also, the reference pages should consider Carcassonne Maps and Spin-offs.

Regarding Carcassonne Maps, do you mean creating an additional set of Reference Pages with the basic game plus Map Chips only? Or do you suggest to mix everything from Carcassonne Maps in the current Reference Pages set?

Spin-Offs would require separate Reference Pages sets per game rather vanilla in most cases when no expansions are to be considered. 

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2021, 03:56:41 AM »
Carcassonne Maps should be included in the currently Order of Play, because Carcassonne Maps can be played with other normal expansions (like Inns and Cathedrals). But you should be able to select only one map and to select the optional option "Map-Chips".

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2021, 04:01:18 AM »
Also "Saint Nicholas Scoring Board".

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2021, 05:00:37 AM »
Carcassonne Maps should be included in the currently Order of Play, because Carcassonne Maps can be played with other normal expansions (like Inns and Cathedrals). But you should be able to select only one map and to select the optional option "Map-Chips".

Yes, this can happen, although it is not recommended by HiG.

But, who cares! When I have the opportunity, I'd like to player the USA Maps with one river ending at each coast...  >:D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2021, 05:48:21 AM »
Also "Saint Nicholas Scoring Board".

Ha ha ha! I was looking at this request a few days ago. It would require to add a paragraph to the intro part and a new tag to each spot where a scoring can happen. Something like ST.NICHOLAS.

The intro would explain the rules to get an additional turn, that would happen. But there are some open issues:
* Base Game:
   - Several players meet the conditions at the same time for the "6" or the "24" space: Do all get the double turn or the active player decides the order of scoring and only one gets the extra turn?
   - A player meets both conditions at the same time for the "6" and the "24" space: Does extra turns stack and the player gets two extra turns?
   - Several players meet the conditions at the same time for the "6" and the "24" space: Do all get the double turn or the active player decides the order of scoring and only one gets the extra turn(s)?
* Exp. 2 -  Traders & Builders:
   - How should we handle a anew turn when a double turn is taking place? Should we wait until the whole double turn is complete?
* Exp. 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars:
   - How to deal with a new turn when bazaars is involved?  Should we wait until the whole bazaar round is complete?
* Mini #2 - Messages:
   - Should we consider the last scoring figure for the "6" space and the first one for the "24" space?
   - How to deal with a new turn during with Message #7? Should the additional turn happen at the end of the current turn or right after Message #7's turn?
* Exp. 4 - The Tower / Exp. 8 - Bridges, Castles & Bazaars / The Burber-Surgeons / The Peasant Revolts:
   - Points payments may allow scoring figures to go backwards and land or pass the "6" space after it granted an additional turn. Can we assume that the "6" space cannot grant more than one additional turn?

EDIT: Added last question.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:31:22 AM by Meepledrone »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
WikiCarpedia or Wikicarpedia?

Started by NGC 54

4 Replies
Last post February 15, 2023, 04:34:20 AM
by Decar
xx
Megacarc suggestions?

Started by JoeSesquipedalian

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2017, 08:48:29 PM
by Dragonlord
xx
A few suggestions for JCloister

Started by mike_bike_kite

16 Replies
Last post February 11, 2015, 12:29:38 PM
by mike_bike_kite
xx
suggestions pack

Started by forumisto

2 Replies
Last post January 28, 2016, 01:06:07 PM
by farin
xx
Traveling to GERMANY-ITALY-BELGIUM-AUSTRIA this spring. Looking for Suggestions.

Started by Bixby

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 PM
by Big Guy