Author Topic: In which piece of carcassonne have you spent more money?  (Read 797 times)

Offline Decar

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 237
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: In which piece of carcassonne have you spent more money?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:42 AM »
Sounds like it was worth it - great job Valheru!

Offline Maj. Frost

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 11
  • Sit down and play
    • View Profile
    • My Carcassonne Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 05:02:11 AM »

Offline danisthirty

• (well, 38 actually)
  • Administrator
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 238
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:23:33 AM »
I won't post any specific prices in case my wife ever reads this. Divorces can be so expensive nowadays, and I'd rather put the money towards more Carc stuff...

I've probably spent as much as anyone else on some of the rarer items including a first edition with 70pt score track, Le Sac, Mueller edition (in wrap) and RGG gold edition (in wrap), base game + CC1 edition (in wrap), the original teacher meeples in all six colours (remember those?), Cathars, Tunnels, Plague  (all with magazines of course), Russian tiles, Spiel tiles and so on. I've never added it all up, and I'm not sure I want to! :-[

It isn't just about the money though. Willem was spot on earlier when he said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that people collect what matters to them and everyone's collection is different and unique because of this. I've collected a lot of things, but there are some things I've ignored, such as the first 4 BBs, as I'm just not interested in them for whatever reason.

A lot of my collection hasn't cost me anything thanks to a lot of very kind and generous people here, and I'm proud to be able to say that I've helped others to fill any gaps in their collections in the same way too. For example, I've had two sets of the Russian tiles for free, so was able to give one set away to someone else here. Generosity goes a long way!
Heroically snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 2018

Offline DrMeeple

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • Meeples are meeples.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Today at 03:11:45 PM »
I won't post any specific prices in case my wife ever reads this. Divorces can be so expensive nowadays, and I'd rather put the money towards more Carc stuff...

I've probably spent as much as anyone else on some of the rarer items including a first edition with 70pt score track, Le Sac, Mueller edition (in wrap) and RGG gold edition (in wrap), base game + CC1 edition (in wrap), the original teacher meeples in all six colours (remember those?), Cathars, Tunnels, Plague  (all with magazines of course), Russian tiles, Spiel tiles and so on. I've never added it all up, and I'm not sure I want to! :-[

It isn't just about the money though. Willem was spot on earlier when he said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that people collect what matters to them and everyone's collection is different and unique because of this. I've collected a lot of things, but there are some things I've ignored, such as the first 4 BBs, as I'm just not interested in them for whatever reason.

A lot of my collection hasn't cost me anything thanks to a lot of very kind and generous people here, and I'm proud to be able to say that I've helped others to fill any gaps in their collections in the same way too. For example, I've had two sets of the Russian tiles for free, so was able to give one set away to someone else here. Generosity goes a long way!

That's right. Each one adapts his collection to his tastes and preferences. For example, the BB5 is indispensable. The rest of Big Boxes are absurd unless you have OCD and need all BB so you don't have an anxiety attack. Although I think we all here have OCD to a greater or lesser extent hahaha.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:03:37 PM by DrMeeple »
Now Carcassonne is built on Flubber's land.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Opps just spent money on carcassonne

Started by Rosco

2 Replies
Last post October 14, 2014, 03:52:49 PM
by Rosco
xx
What's your favourite piece of Carcassonne wood?

Started by jungleboy

15 Replies
Last post January 16, 2017, 12:03:32 PM
by Dragonlord
xx
That Lost Missing Piece

Started by SRBO

4 Replies
Last post February 08, 2015, 12:15:02 PM
by BabyGamer
xx
When is one allowed to use a tower piece?

Started by ny1050220

2 Replies
Last post October 29, 2015, 09:18:59 PM
by ny1050220
xx
Replacement Tower Piece for 'The City' Version

Started by GreyMeeple

3 Replies
Last post March 12, 2019, 01:18:52 PM
by GreyMeeple