Author Topic: WikiCarpedia update  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Global Moderator
  • Baron
  • Merit: 108
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: WikiCarpedia update
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 05:57:43 AM »
Hi all,

I have referenced all the questions of the Advent Calendar Quiz 2019 from the WICA Quizzes page, so you can directly access any question by number or expansions included. They are grouped in their own section for easier access.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Quizzes#Advent_Calendar_Quiz_2019

Feel free to test yourself or your friends  O0 

Cheers!

Offline Meepledrone

• Global Moderator
  • Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »
Hi all,

I just came across this post by Kettlefish:

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3384.msg58360#msg58360

So after reading...

In the BigBox6 we remembered HiG to put the Abbot into the first row, but forgot to put the Abbot also in the second row (with the flying machines). The Abbot can only land onto a monastery/cloister and onto a garden (CAR footnote 385, from 03/2015).

...I just updated the WICA Abbot page to reflect this comment. So no open issue anymore about why the abbot could not be a flier as per the Order of Play in Big Box 6.

http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Abbot

Hallelujah!!!  O0

PS: I was wondering why this last week a third of the WICA visitors consulted the Abbot page... Is it that exciting? Are the rules such a crap? If anyone has a clue, please let us know.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 02:20:28 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline totor66

• Duke
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 05:42:15 AM »
Hello dear development team:

I was wondering if there was a tile reference section available on the website ? I have a feeling I saw one once but I can't seem to find it back.

For CI or CII, I think it would help, it was available on the CAR to maybe make it easier to implement.

Bonus point:

Also a stupid question I was wondering: If we play with expansion dragons and expansion hills and sheep, what if dragon lands on a tile with a sheep painted like on River III for example ? If there is action gather flock, should we score point for the sheep ? That would seem counterintuitive since it should be eaten, but poor sheep is just painted on tile. I don't think it was ever discussed.
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline wolnic

• Viscount
  • Merit: 77
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 06:22:03 AM »
Hi totor66,

It is something that I started working on, but it is a little clumsy at the moment, and hasn't been updated for about a year.

meepledrone and I were discussing how we should develop it further, mainly in terms of whether it was possible/sensible to code it so that you could select individual sets of features from across some, or all, of the different expansions - such as "show me all tiles with cloisters, or trade tokens" - rather than just by individual expansions. This is something we know we have to get back to.
Complete: Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), Fluvium (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC)
Development: Woodcutters/Forests/Autumn/Sakura (C2),  Rivers&Lakes (C1), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD) and others.

Offline Meepledrone

• Global Moderator
  • Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 09:56:04 AM »
My internal discussion regarding goes like this:

The current Expansion Selector falls short as we need:

1. The base game should be an additional option
2. Each expansion should allow you to select its tiles in full or by groups (normally associated to a primary feature). For example:
     * I&C (18):
         a) Inns (6)
         b) Cathedrals (2)
         c) Rest (10)
      * T&B (24):
         a) Trade Goods (20)
         b) Rest (4)
      * H&S (18)
         a) Hills (8)
         b) Vineyards (8)
         c) Rest (2)
3. It is also necessary a second level of filtering related to secondary features available in many tiles: pennants/coat of arms, monasteries, C1 farmhouses, C2 gardens, C2 highwaymen, C2 sheds (various types), C2 farmhouses, C2 water towers,...
4. There are primary features that work as secondary (tie-in) features in some other expansions: pig-herds/pigsties, volcanoes, inns,...

So I have to make up my mind about how the selector has to be organized to avoid redundancies and also if it should be compatible (and add-on) or a separate one of the existing one...

Any comments are welcome...  ;) 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Wikicarpedia - Reference Pages Review - Order of Play

Started by Meepledrone

17 Replies
Last post March 24, 2019, 06:18:53 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
update profile

Started by SRBO

95 Replies
Last post April 15, 2019, 08:47:55 AM