Author Topic: New mini- expansion Die Öbstbaume (the fruittrees) at the Spiel event!  (Read 27919 times)

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
Re: New mini- expansion Die Öbstbaume (the fruittrees) at the Spiel event!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 02:22:00 AM »
The publisher has to take care for many more products - there are so many Carcassonne expansions with potential effects on each other so noone can imagine all those possibilities.

Let#s take the know-how of this forum: are there any questions in the gameplay with other expansions and the fruit-bearing trees?

I only see them in interaction

a) with a phantom: Do you get two fruit-tokens if you place a normal meeple and a phantom meeple on the land tile you just laid down?

b) with a flyer, with magic portals or with the Count of Carcassonne: Do you also get a fruit token if you place a meeple with the flyer or through a magic portal or from the city of Carcassonne on a land tile with a fruit-bearing tree or a land tile next to it?

And by the way: There are 4 fruit token for every land tile with a fruit bearing tree: I think it is possible to place more meeple on the up to 8 tiles of the fruit-bearing tree -what, if there isn't any token left?

Offline Klink010

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 06:10:33 AM »
And by the way: There are 4 fruit token for every land tile with a fruit bearing tree: I think it is possible to place more meeple on the up to 8 tiles of the fruit-bearing tree -what, if there isn't any token left?

If my German is good enough, it seems you'll only be able to sell the fruits instead of harvesting when the tokens on the tile are gone. (although it isn't mentioned explicitly, due to lack of the harvesting option...)

The multiple meeples per tile (phantom) raises a valid question.

The flier or magic portal isn't an issue because you have to put a tile next to the tree AND place a meeple on it. (this also keeps acrobat tiles in check)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:22:04 AM by Klink010, Reason: extra note about having to place the tile, changed artist to acrobat »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 06:57:50 AM »
You can only take fruit if you place a tile next to the tree  and place a meeple on that tile. I would say phantoms are a bit difficult, but id say they dont grand extra fruit.
And flyers/portals wont either, as there is no tile placed next to the tree.
Also, you can either take fruit, or sell previously harvested fruit, so even if there is still fruit, you can sell.
And id say if there is no more fruit on a tree, you just wont get any fruit, but can still sell if you want
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Rhoobarb2005

• Labourer
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 10:03:14 AM »
Anywhere have this in stock?

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »
Yes probably only at the coming events & their webshop(cundco.de).
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 03:10:13 PM »
You can only take fruit if you place a tile next to the tree  and place a meeple on that tile. I would say phantoms are a bit difficult, but id say they dont grand extra fruit.
And flyers/portals wont either, as there is no tile placed next to the tree.
Also, you can either take fruit, or sell previously harvested fruit, so even if there is still fruit, you can sell.
And id say if there is no more fruit on a tree, you just wont get any fruit, but can still sell if you want

The past has shown that the reading of the rules word for word is not a guarantee for all possibilities because the publisher himself had not worked through all possibilities and later he changed the words in the rules ...

If you go through alls the expansions you get a lot of questions, beginning with: Only Meeple, and not also the other figures - and what are the differences: mayor yes, pig no? Does the dragon eat fruits, too? And so on ...

Offline Maj. Frost

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Sit down and play
    • View Profile
    • My Carcassonne Blog
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »
Does the dragon eat fruits, too?

I am fruit eating dragon, hear me roar! No virgin plum can feel safe anymore.

Your question is perfectly valid, just made me giggle.

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »
The past has shown that the reading of the rules word for word is not a guarantee for all possibilities because the publisher himself had not worked through all possibilities and later he changed the words in the rules ...

Most publishers these days no longer employ professional writers to make sure the rules are good quality. One thing that jumped out at me on this one was the silly attempt to make it seem like an exciting advantage that you can mix your trees up in a totally anti-thematic way (for zero gameplay benefit):

Quote from: Carcassonne: The Fruit-Bearing Trees rulesheet
You can choose the related type of fruit, however, it does not matter which type of fruit you put there, in terms of the game. Thus, any tree and any type of fruit may be combined!

Dumb stuff like that just makes a game look dorky. Makes me wonder if during development anyone was paying attention and asking good questions, or it was just all getting phoned in.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline InTheDark

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne! Where?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »
I would say no because on page 3 of the English rules for The Princess & the Dragon from Z-Man Games it says "Rule of thumb: The dragon eats all that is flesh and blood!". Since fruit is not "flesh and blood" I think the dragon can't eat it :).
Image of page:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:40:34 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Link fixed »
"Where Is the French Monasteries Mini Expansion At?" -Guy Wondering Why Game Set In France Gets Expansions Set In Other Countries.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 06:16:51 PM »
I think this expansion, and the Watchtowers and other promos released since 2.0 came out make it clear that any attempt to make a CAR 2.0 will require us, as the editors and contributors to that document, to make rules decisions on a de facto basis. Obviously we are not the game or expansions' creators, but statements such as those made in this rules book suggest Hans im Glück has abandoned their rule as arbiter over rules issues. I am not saying that our rulings in CAR 2.0 must be authoritative, only that we should not feel held back from interpreting rules interactions and conflicts that Hans im Glück has not addressed nor plans to address, especially regarding promotional expansions.

Offline InTheDark

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 6
  • Carcassonne! Where?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Quote from: Carcassonne: The Fruit-Bearing Trees rulesheet
You can choose the related type of fruit, however, it does not matter which type of fruit you put there, in terms of the game. Thus, any tree and any type of fruit may be combined!

Dumb stuff like that just makes a game look dorky. Makes me wonder if during development anyone was paying attention and asking good questions, or it was just all getting phoned in.
It might sound better/make more sense in German but since I don't speak it I don't know.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 01:14:27 AM »
I have just read the rules and examine the tiles and to be quite honest, I like the expansion.  It is very simple, has big scoring potential and I don't see, initially how it could get complicated with other expansions.  I think it looks like one I would use regularly. 

If the artwork gets transposed to carc 1 as well (By some talented member) I will probably have a copy for my old set and for my new set.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 02:53:24 AM »
I have just read the rules and examine the tiles and to be quite honest, I like the expansion.

I agree Rosco. It’s the first new art expansion that has intrigued me, although I admit that I haven’t looked too closely at the other ones.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 03:56:52 AM »

I am fruit eating dragon, hear me roar! No virgin plum can feel safe anymore.

Your question is perfectly valid, just made me giggle.

What about blood oranges?
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
New mini- expansion Die Öbstbaume (the fruittrees) at the Spiel event!
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 04:37:19 AM »
Yes probably only at the coming events & their webshop(cundco.de).
On cundco.de it is not available.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:05:39 PM by supertopix »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
clip
[WTG] Die Obstbaume

Started by Push

3 Replies
Last post October 28, 2018, 12:28:57 AM