Author Topic: Imperial game played Jan 9, 2016  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Imperial game played Jan 9, 2016
« on: January 09, 2016, 03:42:18 PM »
Today six of us met up in a cafe to try a new game called Imperial. It was really a fascinating game and I think I speak for everyone in our group that this was one of the best game played so far. Undoubtedly we will play this again soon.

The remarkable with the game is that there are no dice rolls at all and even though the map and the game play looks so much like a combination of Risk and (Settlers of) Catan it's far from it. The battle aspect toned down severely and yet has merit usage.

I unfortunately ended up in fourth place when "my" nation got hi-jacked just before the last turn. And then came the end game scoring which shocked everyone of us.  :@ It was a dry run and it certainly gave us a good experience on how the game works and oh man let me tell you I got so many different tactics I want to try out in future games! One is going all Swiss just for the hell of it.  8)

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2331.0
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial game played Jan 9, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »
Thank you for the report, Paul! This seems to be a very interesting game. And not only that it combines Catan and Risk, but also Monopoly. :D
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
Re: Imperial game played Jan 9, 2016
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
Thank you for the report, Paul! This seems to be a very interesting game. And not only that it combines Catan and Risk, but also Monopoly. :D

I never thought of that. In some ways it is like Monopoly but without the free will of trade.  >:D You buy others nations piece by piece until you take over, sort of like owning the majority stock of a company.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Standalone WoF on UK eBay - 2nd Jan 2018

Started by wolnic

11 Replies
Last post January 18, 2018, 09:23:39 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Least fun Carcassonne game you've played?

Started by Doom_Shark

13 Replies
Last post August 18, 2022, 02:18:01 AM
by Decar
xx
Biggest game you've played?

Started by wallaceprime

15 Replies
Last post May 13, 2022, 01:08:05 PM
by Halfling
clip
Craziest game I ever played (and won!)