Author Topic: The Builder..  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Reggie777

• Villein
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
The Builder..
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:15:17 AM »
Please forgive me if this question has already been asked. We recently added Traders and Builders to our gameplay. And so far, everything is well explained in the CAR.

However, there is a basic question we had. Here's the setup. You already have a thief on a road. It is your turn. You place another road piece to extend that road. You now decide to place the Builder on the road you've just extended.   Here's the point were we are confused. Do I get my second turn immediately, having just played the builder? Or do I have to wait until I next time I extend the same road?  In other words, does placing the builder end my turn. And I have to wait to extend the road with the builder on a subsequent turn, to trigger the double turn?

Strictly speaking, "extending the road with the builder on it", would imply, that my just adding the builder is not extending the road. And when I did extend the road by laying the tile, it did not literally have the builder on it then. So, "extending the road with the builder on it" would seem to have ro be on a later turn.

My apologies if I'm overthinking this. Or not explaining it correctly. Just want to be sure we're getting it right.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1500.0

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: The Builder..
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:34:32 AM »
Do I get my second turn immediately, having just played the builder? Or do I have to wait until I next time I extend the same road?

You have to wait until you next time extend this road. Technically, you can have your double turn when you extend the road with already placed builder on it.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline fastertove

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • My God, it's full of stars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 03:36:48 AM »
MrNumbers was first ;)

Anyway...
You first place a tile and then, afterwards, you place the builder.
This means that the tile was NOT "extending the road with the builder on it".
You will have to wait for the next turn to get the bonus tile -if you are lucky to get a road you can use to extend with.

Hope that this answers your question.

Offline Reggie777

• Villein
  • Merit: 4
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:28:59 AM »
Thanks. It does make more sense to have to wait for your next turn. Thanks for the clarification. This new expansion is fun.

Offline Durbs

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • Dirty Meeple Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 03:42:17 AM »
IMHO it's the bets expansion as it allows for some seriously good tactical planning. So much so, I don't even think of it as an expansion anymore - when I play with friends and we play "vanilla" Carc, this includes Biggy and the Builder.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Extend VS Complete for a Builder

Started by rfielder

13 Replies
Last post June 07, 2014, 06:51:57 PM
by Carcking
xx
Do pig and builder get removed if they have no other (scoring) meeple in area?

Started by avantar

9 Replies
Last post January 23, 2017, 05:47:12 AM
by MrNumbers
xx
Questions about ferries with the builder, and abbots

Started by Tomoto_17

4 Replies
Last post October 25, 2020, 09:50:24 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Tower, Builder, Phantom combo