Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159597 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #1695 on: February 06, 2017, 02:12:03 PM »
It's ridiculous, it's bigger than a serving platter!

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »
My first shipment from Italy came today.  Oddly the return address is in the Netherlands.  It came with this interesting label on the side.

I opened La Torre to see of the tile tower survived and it did.  I never realized how crappy it is though.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #1697 on: February 07, 2017, 09:14:11 AM »
Did you get them from Amazon? I bought my Tower and catapult there as well. Didnt have a weird sticker like that on it though.
I kinda like the Tower, but we rarely play it since my girlfriend doesnt like it
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 07, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »
I opened La Torre to see of the tile tower survived and it did.  I never realized how crappy it is though.

It isn't great. Most people prefer the one from Basically Wooden but I struggle with things like that (embarrassingly so, and in front of the guy who made them too :-[) and usually go with a bag.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're taking about the tile dispenser that comes with The Tower as I can't think of anything else that wouldn't be likely to survive

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 07, 2017, 09:46:05 AM »
Did you get them from Amazon? I bought my Tower and catapult there as well. Didnt have a weird sticker like that on it though.
I kinda like the Tower, but we rarely play it since my girlfriend doesnt like it

I got them from Dominiox.com in Italy.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're taking about the tile dispenser that comes with The Tower as I can't think of anything else that wouldn't be likely to survive

Yes the tile dispenser that comes with the Tower isn't particular good.  I think we will continue to use the bag. 

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #1700 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:59 AM »
I don't use the tile dispenser from the Tower anymore because I have the Dan-proof Basically Wooden one, but I thought the Tower one was perfectly serviceable and I used to use it a lot. It seems pretty sturdy for cardboard and it does its job, doesn't it? What am I missing?

Offline Ry4Christ

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:39 AM »
Just received the Catapult expansion components all safely intact thanks to What If? !  Thank you so much!!! I am so excited to try it out and that I'm one step closer to completion to my satisfaction. All that's left is The Besiegers, Wheel of Fortune, and the Russians and La Porxada if possible.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 07, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »
I don't use the tile dispenser from the Tower anymore because I have the Dan-proof Basically Wooden one, but I thought the Tower one was perfectly serviceable and I used to use it a lot. It seems pretty sturdy for cardboard and it does its job, doesn't it? What am I missing?

For whatever reason I thought it was made out of thin wood.  I wasn't expecting the cardboard to be the same that is used for the tiles. 

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »
I'm a very happy man today.
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline thodekey

• Count
  • Merit: 9
  • I feel Carc-complete or do I?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 09, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
I'm a very happy man today.

Nice one Valheru!

So the plan for the Russians worked out!  Makes me wonder what was the plan... :-)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 09, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »
Great! :D :D :D :(y) :(y) :(y)

How did you sort those two beauties out Valheru?

Offline Gabrielgeek01

• Freeman
  • Merit: 3
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 09, 2017, 03:15:09 PM »
I'm very jealous. I'd like those Russian promos too emoji code20]

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 09, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »
Well, you could call it a 'plan'. I saw someone on BGG that had the Russians for trade. He was looking for Besiegers. I had a spare one (the one you have now, Thodekey) and offered it. He was interested at first but wanted them unpunched  and some extra (because the new Russians are really rare). I went to Ebay and bought an unpunched Besiegers while asking to hold on to those Russians. The besiegers arrived at home and offered it  as well as the other part of our previous deal. Sent them over and he did the same thing. That's it.

Unfortunately, the postage punched some Besiegers-tiles but he said it wasn't a problem. Which I'm very grateful for because I did put a lot of effort in completing that deal and making sure they'd arrive safe. Mailmen can be heartless sometimes.. :)

These two tiles are my most valuable and I probably went a bit too far but they are the ones, along with the other Russians that attract me most of all the tiles there are (and ironically, they have a K on the back, haha).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:26:42 PM by Valheru »

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 09, 2017, 03:49:07 PM »
Great trade!

I hope one day Hobby World offers these to everyone.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #1709 on: February 09, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »
Well, you could call it a 'plan'. I saw someone on BGG that had the Russians for trade. He was looking for Besiegers. I had a spare one (the one you have now, Thodekey) and offered it. He was interested at first but wanted them unpunched  and some extra (because the new Russians are really rare). I went to Ebay and bought an unpunched Besiegers while asking to hold on to those Russians. The besiegers arrived at home and offered it  as well as the other part of our previous deal. Sent them over and he did the same thing. That's it.

Unfortunately, the postage punched some Besiegers-tiles but he said it wasn't a problem. Which I'm very grateful for because I did put a lot of effort in completing that deal and making sure they'd arrive safe. Mailmen can be heartless sometimes.. :)

These two tiles are my most valuable and I probably went a bit too far but they are the ones, along with the other Russians that attract me most of all the tiles there are (and ironically, they have a K on the back, haha).

That's some serious commitment and outside-the-box thinking! Merit for your efforts.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
The Game of Love Podcast

Started by danisthirty

2 Replies
Last post November 26, 2014, 05:52:39 AM
by danisthirty