Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 243920 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #540 on: November 25, 2015, 09:39:30 AM »
I totally admit, it was quite cut-throating. Everything could happen, and we weren't sparing each others feelings... :P

Exactly. My main hope is that some day I can come to terms with it and perhaps even learn to forgive you. I'm not making any promises though... :D

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 03, 2015, 11:08:04 PM »
A weekly game with Merlin_89 :yellow-meeple: and khalid :red-meeple:

I did all my usual T & B tricks such as getting my builder trapped early on :(n), being completely out-competed for the trade goods :(n) and failing to place my pig :(n) but other than this got completely stuffed in the first quarter of the game when Merlin expertly killed a cathedral city rendering 2 of my meeples worthless, and another for just 1 point. Merlin and khalid lost a meeple each as well, but in a game without a lot of extra wood it seemed like the rest of the game was going to be an uphill struggle for me with just 4 meeples and no builder, and I wasn't wrong... :-\

After working to recover pretty much everything else I had on the board (thwarting yet another of Merlin's attempts to trap my meeples in the process) I was able to re-group a little bit and consider what few options I had left for keeping myself in the game. I had to play it safe and couldn't afford to take any chances, but needed to secure the main farm which I already had one meeple on if I wanted to keep up with the big boys. I was expecting there to be more of a fight for this, but Merlin didn't seem interested even though he already had a farmer down on it, and I eventually got my second farmer onto it without much opposition. While this was going on I kept my score ticking over with a few small cities and short roads, and despite not having any trade goods bonuses to look forward to I did manage to build a small lead in the process.

At one point in the final quarter of the game I drew a ccff splitter from the basic game. I was still in "quick win" mode at that point and was looking for a small city to complete, but Merlin seemed quite distressed by my tile based on what he posted in the chat window so I reconsidered my options and used it to glom into a city of his with my large follower instead. Khalid completed the city at the first opportunity in order to take the trade goods (of which there were several) and also the King tile (which ended up being worth 21 points) and I took 18 points for the city. This was my favourite moment of the game for obvious reasons! >:D

My other favourite moment of the game was when I closed a long road belonging to khalid. It made sense really as it was only an 8 point road with no inn, but it did mean that I took the Robber Baron tile from him which also ended up being worth 21 points, plus I got to farm an enclosed field in the process for 6 guaranteed points.

As the number of tiles remaining dropped into single figures we all started dropping last-minute farmers wherever possible. Khalid certainly seemed to have a keen eye for where the most valuable ones were and I was able to grab a hard to reach 9-point farm when I drew the final cloister of the game too. I had hoped to drop my pig on my 7-city farm with my last tile but drew a crrr instead, which didn't help as I had no meeples left. Instead I used it to complete a short road which won me a single point even though I couldn't claim it as I still had the Robber Baron tile.

The win was a nice surprise as I didn't really feel like I deserved it against two strong opponents who, it has to be said, seemed to be playing the game far more intelligently than I was. It was a fun way to spend an hour or so regardless of the outcome though, so thanks very much for the game guys! :) :(y)

:blue-meeple:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:08:33 PM by danisthirty »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #542 on: December 20, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
It's a late call, but is anyone up for a weekly game tonight? Say 21:30 CET (8:30 BST)?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 20, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »
It's a late call, but is anyone up for a weekly game tonight? Say 21:30 CET (8:30 BST)?

I think I'm going to be wrapping tonight (again).

While I have the opportunity though, I'd also like to insert a little joke/ pun about wrapping and gangsta-rap here (gangsta-wrapping or something), but it's been a really long day and my brain isn't working. Please pretend I made a joke though, and that it was really funny. :)) :)) :)) :(y) O0

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #544 on: December 20, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »
A merit for the hilarious pun  :(y)

Not sure about tonight - perhaps we can schedule a game during the week.  How's  Monday or Tuesday?

Edit:  I suggest we play Winter Edition in JCZ given the time of the year :)

Offline Rich_The_Fish

• Marquis
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 20, 2015, 11:30:59 AM »
As much as I'd love to play, I think I'll be struggling this side of Christmas to be honest. Have a great game if you manage it. I hope that you all have a fab Christmas and Santa brings you lots of lovely Carcassonne goodies!

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2016, 01:07:09 AM »
Is anyone interested in a multiplayer game tonight? Around 9-9:30pm CET / 8-8:30pm BST?

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2016, 01:14:26 AM »
I'm in!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2016, 02:06:33 AM »
I might be in. I spent all day yesterday painting and I'm probably going to be wallpapering and shifting furniture around today, but if I finish at a sensible time I'll try to get to the chat room... :(y)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 10, 2016, 09:48:45 AM »
I will try to
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 10, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »
How did the game go? Sorry I missed it. I had a really busy week at work last week and have another ahead of me this week. So naturally, the one thing I wanted to do all weekend was decorate a bedroom... >:(

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #551 on: January 11, 2016, 03:45:50 AM »
It was a great 4-player game between Jéré, Rosco, khalidq and me, playing with Abbey and Mayor and King and Robber Baron. It was a very strategic game as you would expect. At one stage Rosco looked good with a large lead, but he wasn't able to place his barn until right at the end in a small farm. Then it looked like Jéré would win, but he wasn't able to secure either the King or Robber Baron which hurt him. In the end khalid, who had the lowest score when the last tile was played, used his share in the largest barn farm with Jéré, his share in the largest incomplete city with Jéré and his ownership of the King tile to overtake everyone and win the game.

I was the first to place my barn and I chose to place it in what didn't look to be the main farm (and didn't become the main farm), just because I preferred to place it ASAP and then work on building the farm I'd put it in. I tried to join it to the main farm but was unsuccessful. The other thing that thwarted me was that I worked for most of the game to build and extend a very large road that I had control of with two thieves. I eventually chose to join it up with another of Jéré's thieves so that we would share the points, just because I wanted to finish it to win the Robber Baron. The road could only be finished with an abbey, and I after placed the final tile at the other end, I was hoping to use my abbey on my next turn to complete the road and an adjacent cloister. But Rosco jumped in with his abbey, giving Jéré and I the points for the road and winning the Robber Baron for himself. From that point on, I knew that I didn't have enough points or potential points to win the game.

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 11, 2016, 05:54:01 AM »
After that game, Khalid, Rosco and myself (first game, woop) did a short one. I think Khalid will do a report soon!
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »
Sorry for tardiness.  It was a good evening for me yes.  First game was pretty tense.

2nd game pictures attached.
Khalid 108
Rosco 87
Valheru 73

Cloisters and cities won me the game.  The farms looked more threatening at times but fortunately, no super farm was ever created.  Excellent game Valheru and welcome to our club.  Looking forward to the next competition.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 19, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »
After the conclusion of our "Dream Team" match Merlin, Curt, and I also joint a 5p game with khalidq and Chuck. Expansions had been T&B and Towers, which is an epic combo, I think.

Curt suffered a little with the interface early, when he finished Merlin's "kidney city" for 8 points and instead of capturing his knight placed a meeple on top of the 2-storie high tower in the big city. There were more missed out opportunities for the tower in this game, including:
  • Somebody finished the cloister near the middle of the board to get one of Merlin's farmers, instead of getting the monk first
  • I totally missed, that my thief with builder was captured, until I placed my last tile, "Nr.6". I scored the road finally, but would have used the builder again, if I had noticed, potentially to get Merlin's 15 point farmer.
  • Curt and khalidq potentially did not noticed, that Merlin placed the CCFF splitter with tower next to my upper farmer.

Especially because of my builder mistake, I would never had thought, this would be enough for my win, but turned out, that securing 30 points trade goods just with the big city (which I did not own), were sufficient for the win, especially, because I prevented the city, I shared with chuck from an easy finishing by placing the CCCF with pennant (next to curts tile "Nr.5").

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
BUG IPAD Carcassone Online Game

Started by markolero

1 Replies
Last post November 29, 2023, 05:55:59 PM
by Scott
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM