Author Topic: Weekly Online Game  (Read 244170 times)

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Online Game
« Reply #360 on: April 16, 2015, 11:41:43 AM »
I'm in!
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 16, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »
Great, let's wait a little bit, if we can get at least a third party inside, to make it official for "Order of the Meeple". Otherwise we will just play a 2P game. Meanwile I have seen, you are already in chat as well.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #362 on: April 16, 2015, 11:49:13 AM »
I can play starting at about 9:20pm CET (30 minutes from now). I would rather not play with a huge number of expansions though, it would be great to be finished by 10:45pm.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 16, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »
Great! We will wait for you. (Or rather play a quick base game before.)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 16, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
I have to rethink about it, how I could have possibly won this game, waiting for a CFFF most of the game for my builder city, which never come, working bad on trade goods and not exceptionally good on farming. But in the end, it was close, but with a "happy ending". :)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #365 on: April 16, 2015, 10:45:52 PM »
Nice game, guys!
It's a pity you didn't complete the 66-points worth cathedral city though.
And why Jere wanted to connect a farmer to a 0-points worth farm? :o
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 17, 2015, 02:58:29 AM »

It's a pity you didn't complete the 66-points worth cathedral city though.

I had an opportunity to close it but the Witch was in the city so I hesitated, wanted the full points... I got greedy and regretted shortly after.

And why Jere wanted to connect a farmer to a 0-points worth farm? :o

I placed this farmer early in the game to benefit from the pig heard. At the time the field had potential but turned out to be a "rotten" one. I never got the straight road I needed anyway.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 17, 2015, 03:17:38 AM »
Yeah, that was really a pity with the big cathedral city. JB and especially Jéré with his builder did so much building it up, but somehow Jéré did not want to complete it (although he had the option to do so on his last tile), after I got my big guy inside. >:D

I must say, I at least put the cathedral inside, because at that point I had produced two CFRF holes, one in the cathedral city and one in Chooselife's  builder city, and I hoped he or (best case) me would pick the fitting tile. (50% chance and I really did not have an other place, where it would have benefited me, did not want to further increase my cathedral city, which was sabotaged later on by JB.) But soon afterwards it was JB, who got the tile, so I had to try at least to steal it from them.

Oddly enough, I picked 5 of the 8 M&W tiles, but not any basic CFFF, at least not after a few rounds, when I would have used one to get my builder back. I think, I got not a single builder bonus turn, while Jéré got a lot, but since he spend most of them in the cathedral city, this did not make a big difference in the end, although with his last two tile (Nr. 2&3) he got an 8 point city and a farmer next to it, so he came really close.

Speaking of Jéré connecting farms, he also connected JBs big guy farmer (16 points) to one of mine, after I blocked it with the three point cloister on one side and was hoping for a straight road on the other. He did this on purpose, and in the end, it benefited him, but I think, it could have easily backfired on him, too. I was in the lead at that point, according to the so called "point prognosis". (I never used that feature before, but JB pointed it out, after I told him about the "board rotation" feature.) But, first I'm not sure, how this works, and if especially I&C does not blow it's accuracy with it's big differences, depending, if specific features get finished or not. Second, like I said, it was me, picking nearly all of the M&W tiles, if one of the last ones would have been picked by Chooselife or JB, the witch would have for sure left there big city, giving them both 11 points plus. (Or more than double the points, if they could have completed it.)

So really any result could have been possible in this game. I think ten tiles to the end, everybody could have come in first or last.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:51:35 AM by Hounk »

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Weekly Online Game
« Reply #368 on: April 17, 2015, 05:39:33 AM »
This was a fun game and very close the whole way. At one point I was looking very good, because I had a share of the cathedral city with Jéré which looked like it might be finished, and I was building a large city in the north that chooselife eventually joined onto. And the mage was going back and forth between those two cities so my prospective points were high. But then the mage got moved out, Hounk eventually gained control of the cathedral city, and the other city never got finished and ended up with the witch.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:04:09 AM by jungleboy »

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 17, 2015, 05:58:23 AM »
Great game,

Rough luck with the tiles, I have to say that I ended up playing more tiles trying to disrupt your cities than building anything on my own.
Some points in the end on jungleboy big city and the two farms allowed to level the score a bit but I trailed in last most of the game.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 17, 2015, 06:06:39 AM »
Yes, about tile distribution: I think we all suffered to some extend from getting the "wrong" tiles. I wrote about getting most M&W, but not any CFFF tiles before. I could have used that (or any CXFF) to complete my cloister on the riverside as well. On the other hand, I draw a lot of (probably even all) CFRR, JB would have needed to free his one point knight next to the river.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #371 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:25 AM »
On the other hand, I draw a lot of (probably even all) CFRR, JB would have needed to free his one point knight next to the river.

Yes, I waited for this tile all game! I actually added the final surrounding tile myself to ensure that I needed a CFRR before Jéré had a chance to trap me in needing a CFFR. So I was happy with that but then I never drew the right tile.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 17, 2015, 07:30:09 AM »
Actually, after consulting the CAR, I did not get ALL of this tiles, but at least 3 of the 5, which had been in game. The one with Chooselife's knight in the witch city, I got obviously not, and the one next to his pig and 12 point farmer, I'm not sure about. Nice, that you only considered Jéré mean enough, to build up a CFFR hole, on the other hand, you did the same with my cathedral city. I was hoping there to get a straight road before anybody could do this, but well, like I mentioned before a few times, I never got a CFFF anyway, so this would not have made any difference as well.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 23, 2015, 11:16:27 AM »
So any plans for tonight? I'll check the rules for "Little Buildings", in case somebody wants to try the new expansion.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:29 AM »
What is with Chooselife?
He is online in the chatroom.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
JCZ 3.1.1 Online Game Error Report

Started by rfielder

7 Replies
Last post March 09, 2015, 05:24:46 PM
by rfielder
xx
Computer game or online

Started by Gordie_a

11 Replies
Last post October 29, 2013, 05:32:03 AM