Author Topic: Member of the month?  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
Member of the month?
« on: October 25, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »
I would like to nominate Danisthirty for member of the month.

He is a dedicated and passionate Carcassonne fan and more than that he is determined to promote Carcassonne and help others to enjoy the game he loves so much.

As well as organising the Carcassonne central league, the Carcassonne central world cup, the Carcassonne central forum match he also does the Carcassonne central newsletter. He contributes to almost every thread and has something interesting or useful to say most of the time.

What brought this message on today is that he has promised to send me an empty box which I was whinging I seemed to have lost and when it arrived it had some surprisings in it, consisting of some meeple bags and a copy of the river 2!

Credit where credit is due - this guy is a great guy and a benefit to this forum and top the game of Carcassonne. You know what, he is fairly good at passing the game too - just as long as you don't play towers!

Thanks Dan!

Btw this was written just after playing - and losing - a game against Dan online for an hour and not remembering to say thankyou - so Dan take this as a massive thankyou.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1179.0
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:50:34 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Merged 2 posts »
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Member of the month?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 02:07:18 AM »
Thanks mate!  :(y) Can you remind me how much I was supposed to be paying you?  :)

It's nice to feel appreciated and I'm very grateful for this post. But although I instigated a lot of the things you've mentioned and have generally been responsible for running them, I have been very well supported by a number of other people on the forums. There are too many to list individually but being able to consult with MrNumbers and kettlefish in particular has always been especially helpful!

Glad you got the package OK. I sent it First Class but I'm still impressed it arrived so quickly as I only posted it yesterday lunchtime.

I don't think I said thanks for the game either, but it was a great one! It's amazing how much bridges can complicate things. Thanks again, maybe I'll let you win the next one...  ;)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »
Watching danisthirty crown himself as member of the month would be basically the same thing as Napoleon crowning himself as Holy Roman Emperor!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
Watching danisthirty crown himself as member of the month would be basically the same thing as Napoleon crowning himself as Holy Roman Emperor!

I'm not 100% sure on what you mean by this but I'm going to read between the lines and assume that you're basically agreeing with everything that Rosco said. Perhaps drawing attention to my boyish good looks, generous nature and splendid beard in the process (something he missed, which is quite unforgiveable as far as I'm concerned)?

If this is the case then I certainly agree with you and will await the call about my knighthood with appropriate decorum...

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
I would like to nominate dan too! he is a valuable member of this forum with nice games and fun talk

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
I'm not 100% sure on what you mean by this but I'm going to read between the lines and assume that you're basically agreeing with everything that Rosco said. Perhaps drawing attention to my boyish good looks, generous nature and splendid beard in the process (something he missed, which is quite unforgiveable as far as I'm concerned)?

If this is the case then I certainly agree with you and will await the call about my knighthood with appropriate decorum...

Hmm, you were almost right but not quite.

On Christmas Day 800 AD, Pope Leo III made a bold move to crown Charlemagne as a 'Roman emperor', which hadn't been seen in Western Europe for 324 years. This was the foundation of the eventual Holy Roman Empire, whereby popes crowned emperors for a millennia as part of a spiritual-military alliance. This was until Napoleon, impatient and unwilling to concede that the pope had the power to crown him or not, took the crown from the pope during his ceremony and crowned himself instead.

So, as you can see, this is almost exactly analogous to you crowning yourself as member of the month!  :green-meeple:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Test thread for any member, the Umlauts challenge

Started by Paul

20 Replies
Last post July 11, 2014, 07:14:13 AM
by Jéré
xx
Our 1800th member!!

Started by SRBO

10 Replies
Last post October 18, 2014, 11:21:13 AM
by Scott
xx
Expansions Listed in Member Profiles

Started by gantry

15 Replies
Last post May 24, 2015, 06:56:55 AM
by loki
xx
How does a new member know that we have competitions?

Started by Halfling

4 Replies
Last post January 16, 2017, 02:40:10 PM
by danisthirty