Author Topic: Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builder Tile - Changes  (Read 29009 times)

Offline TheDoctor_13

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • I'll Claim This Farm
    • View Profile
Re: Inns and Cathedrals and Traders and Builder Tile - Changes
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 06:12:26 PM »
Thanks for the pictures! Like a previous comment, I started with the new art so I do like it. Glad they are finally printing the expensions in the new style. I thought they lost the right to the old art, so it probably won't return.

I really hope they start printing these faster, I need to sell my old version possibly, and pick up the new I&C, then the next expension I'm really interested in is Hills & Sheep, and thats all the way at #9. Mostly for the hills, more tiles, and the bag, not so much the sheep but we'll see, haha.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 11:02:52 PM »
I am not sure where you heard that they had last the right to the old art but that is not true.   They have just decided to go in a different direction which most fans of the game don't like.   
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
I bought the new version of Inns and Cathedrals (Scandinavian edition) today which oddly enough comes with The River. Why odd? Because the base game of the new version also comes with The River.  :o

Not that I am complaining but it's still odd.  :@

World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 10:50:06 PM »
Maybe they printed more copies of The River than they knew what to do with and so decided to sneak some into some of the expansion boxes to get rid of them? ;)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 02:11:17 AM »
Maybe they printed more copies of The River than they knew what to do with and so decided to sneak some into some of the expansion boxes to get rid of them? ;)

In theory, could be true.  ;)

The old version of Inns (Scandinavian / Finnish) edition) did also come with The River. The new version, though, does not say anything about this being included, not in front nor the back.

I also read the Swedish rules and found some misspellings. We do have auto-correct in Swedish so this is just plain embarrassing.

And then there is the most hilarious thing I've read in the rules: They call the followers "meeple" and "meeplar" (plural). If I didn't know better, this was translated by a fan.

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 02:35:10 AM »
In the German Carcassonne 2 base game they call the followers "Meeple", too. I think this is in all of the new game rules.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 04:11:29 AM »
In the German Carcassonne 2 base game they call the followers "Meeple", too. I think this is in all of the new game rules.

This would confirm that the Swedish rules was translated by a fan. Most translations I've seen in decades of reading there's always been Swedish sentences, for we do have and invent new words to adjust for the growing of "stuff" we (as people) invent.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 09:30:58 AM »
The German rules for Carc2 are pretty awful in general. Some might argue, they made them so, that they match better to the artwork. They don't sound, as they would have been made by a fan, but rather a Teletubbie.

I would have liked the idea, if they would have included at least one special "River tile" with each expansion corresponding to the expansion. But they did not put much thoughts in gameplay improvements in hand with the graphical change. (Most obvious, and quite often mentioned would have been a bigger scoring track with the base game.) And of course, it would have been tricky, because they produce plates with 6 tiles each, and what to print on the other 5 might have be a problem.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »
The German rules for Carc2 are pretty awful in general. Some might argue, they made them so, that they match better to the artwork. They don't sound, as they would have been made by a fan, but rather a Teletubbie.

I would have liked the idea, if they would have included at least one special "River tile" with each expansion corresponding to the expansion. But they did not put much thoughts in gameplay improvements in hand with the graphical change. (Most obvious, and quite often mentioned would have been a bigger scoring track with the base game.) And of course, it would have been tricky, because they produce plates with 6 tiles each, and what to print on the other 5 might have be a problem.

River II for the Swedish version would be great when River I is in the base game.

But your (Hounk) idea does spark up a good thought. Each expansion has only 1 or 2 river tiles, unique to that expansion and thus we'd not end up with so many river ends nor a large river to play at the beginning.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2015, 11:33:57 AM »

River II for the Swedish version would be great when River I is in the base game.

But your (Hounk) idea does spark up a good thought. Each expansion has only 1 or 2 river tiles, unique to that expansion and thus we'd not end up with so many river ends nor a large river to play at the beginning.

I really like the idea, I have to admit. That would make things much better indeed

Offline TheDoctor_13

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • I'll Claim This Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »
Dang that is a good idea.

As for getting another copy of the River, I guess even bigger games? haha. I need a bigger table..

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2015, 11:53:37 PM »
Dang that is a good idea.

As for getting another copy of the River, I guess even bigger games? haha. I need a bigger table..

Redifines the phrase "table for two, please".  :))

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2015, 03:05:43 AM »
Tiles garden with the old graphics downloads.
A knight is sworn to valour.
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless.
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth.
His wrath undoes the wicked.

:white-meeple: My works.

Offline quevy

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 01:42:03 AM »
As kettlefish has written here, I changed the tiles with the old graphics.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:47:51 AM by quevy »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 04:34:11 AM »
As kettlefish has written here, I changed the tiles with the old graphics.

I never paid much attention to the details in the tiles but having such a closeup I realise that the proportions are out of wack when comparing the roads, the house, the lake and the boats.  :@

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTB: Inns and Cathedrals & Traders and Builders

Started by DavidY

2 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 09:22:04 AM
by DavidY
xx
Builders and Traders: is extending a road with builder obligatory?

Started by lucash1891

3 Replies
Last post June 06, 2015, 10:23:25 AM
by lucash1891
xx
Inns and cathedrals tile - old art - without the meeples watermark

Started by Halfling

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2020, 03:20:39 AM
by Halfling
clip
Inns and Cathedrals - tile with crossing