Author Topic: Mega Civilization (Advanced Civilization) 9 player game session.  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
So today, Saturday May 21st I got a chance to play Civilization the board game. And it was not the smaller normal game, but the big one! It supports up to 18 players with a map span of 2 meters wide.

Our game was held by 9 players (half the map I believe) and we played for about 12 and a half hours, starting little after 10 am. With only one break (for lunch) we ended the game late same day which was a nice suprise. We estimated we'd play thru the night but it was really a good balanced game with players not spending too much time doing their turns.
  Also, this game supports simultaneous turns so there was not a lot of waiting for the other guy.

I had a blast playing the game (first time playing) and signed up for the next month's game!

Hopefully, I can convince the other players to allow for some live streaming next game, which is set to take place on June 18th.

And yes, I came dead last, playing as Hellas, stuck literally in the center of all the other nations getting much attention. But no matter, I still had fun! My score was 71, where the second last had over 100 and the winner, whom also broke the house record, ended up with 245 points (if I remember correctly).

One of the fun aspects of the game is the trading phase. We'd all get up from the table and standing in an open section of the room, starting a 10 min timer, and then to try trade as much as we could talking over one another etc. I would have loved to have that on film but was not able to film much.

Paul.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2747.0
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
Re: Mega Civilization (Advanced Civilization) 9 player game session.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:47:16 PM »
I remeber playing the smaller version and I still have a copy, but I can;t get anyone to play it. So it's intresting its making a come back in some form.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 04:43:55 AM »
Game setup before the game.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 03:57:54 PM »
And so, today June 18, we concluded our second megaCiv! It started at 10am and ended just after 10 pm. That's 12 hours, including an hour lunch making the game time faster than previous month.

I was Hellas again, in this second nine-player game. Although I probably got last (forgot to check the score they did when I was afk) I did far better this time and learned some new tips. Playing against veterans it's no surprise I got a challenge ahead of me.

The calamities final round struck me bad, lol. Setting on 9 cities, I ended up with only 6 due to Tyranni (non-tradeable) and another Major Calamity further down the list which I forgot already which one it was. Think it was Piracy (the very last one on the list).

Offline franks

• Marquis
  • Merit: 26
  • I love Carcassonne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:07:47 PM »
And so, today June 18, we concluded our second megaCiv! It started at 10am and ended just after 10 pm. That's 12 hours, including an hour lunch making the game time faster than previous month.

I was Hellas again, in this second nine-player game.

Hellas wasn't built in a day  ;D

That's a great opportunity to play the mega Civ and it seems enjoyable.

I have my original 1st edition copy and it saw a good amount of play, back in the day.

Great game!
Franks

Wanna play Carc? Can we add just one more expansion?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
7 player session

Started by Carcking

6 Replies
Last post May 17, 2014, 08:41:26 PM
by Carcking
xx
WTS Martians: A Story of Civilization

Started by Chooselife

3 Replies
Last post July 05, 2017, 02:02:17 PM
by oosie
question
Basic advanced Labyrinth rules question!

Started by cicerunner

1 Replies
Last post February 17, 2020, 09:23:52 AM
by Meepledrone
clip
(Translated) Labyrinths of Carcassonne - Official Advanced Players Variant Rules

Started by ozgurceylan

11 Replies
Last post April 27, 2017, 09:10:43 AM
by Just a Bill
xx
3 Player Mega Game

Started by Paul

11 Replies
Last post September 10, 2013, 10:00:15 AM
by Carcking