Author Topic: Catapult Rarity  (Read 3906 times)

Offline Ry4Christ

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
Catapult Rarity
« on: January 07, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »
As I try to complete my Carcassonne Old Art collection, aside from event promo tiles, I still need Wheel of Fortune, Besiegers, and the Catapult. While many or most of the old art expansions are difficult to find, it seems the Catapult is especially hard to track down at reasonable price. Since it seems to have been the least popular of the "large" expansions, why do people think this?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3072.0

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
Re: Catapult Rarity
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:35:16 PM »
Since it seems to have been the least popular of the "large" expansions, why do people think this?

Precisely that, I'd imagine. It was not popular so it had less print runs.

The Spanish/Portuguese edition published by Devir is still fairly easy to come by in the Iberian Peninsula. Here are some links from another thread if that interests you.

Offline Danci

• Villein
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
eBay has a lot of new Carcassonne Catapult's right now! Not sure what you consider a reasonable price but the least expensive one for is for $64 with free shipping.

Offline Chooselife

• Viscount
  • Merit: 25
  • Just Ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:21:27 AM »
Catapult's is usually available in Portugal on it's local Devir (Publisher) edition. It usually goes for 19.99EUR, not sure how much more to send it to the States. If you want to try the Portuguese connection let me know.
But I'd guess that we might have a few CCentral members able to sell a extra copy. Just guessing.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:20:14 AM »
eBay has a lot of new Carcassonne Catapult's right now! Not sure what you consider a reasonable price but the least expensive one for is for $64 with free shipping.

That's a crazy price. As mentioned upthread and by Chooselife, the Devir edition in Spain/Portugal can be bought for much, much less - even factoring in shipping assuming international shipping is available.

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 07:47:49 AM »
For his birthday my son requested an out of print Zooloretto expansion.  It was $50 in the US, but I found it in Italy for $18 (with $11 shipping)!  While I was looking through the Italian store's other wares I saw La Catapulta and Torre (Tower) too, so like an idiot I bought one of each.   That guy is unfortunately sold out, but if you REALLY want a catapult, there is another guy who will ship his ~$22 copy to you for $15. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carcassonne-Espansione-7-La-Catapulta-Gioco-Da-Tavolo-GIOCHI-UNITI-/331951378465?hash=item4d49d81021:g:KaQAAOSwaB5Xv~Z9

There are a bunch of other foreign sellers that will ship to the USA (Mostly Italian, a couple in Spain).  Most charge $25 to ship and others want you to ask them for a quote.  I don't think $15 is too bad, but whether or not you think the Catapult is worth $37 is up to you.  I paid $34 for mine.  It looked 9% cheaper in Euros  ;)  (exchange rate is $1 to ,91 Euro currently).  Plus PayPal charges a conversion fee which is why the conversion isn't ,93 Euro.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:53:31 AM by dirk2112 »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
If you want one, look at the Italian amazon. They have it for a bit over 20 euros:
https://www.amazon.it/Giochi-Uniti-Carcassonne-Espansione-Catapulta/dp/B007K82JQ8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1485619000&sr=8-7&keywords=carcassonne
Don't know what shipping is to US, but several other older expansions are still available there.
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 08:07:37 AM »

Don't know what shipping is to US, but several other older expansions are still available there.

According to their site it is 12,00 EUR + 5,00 per kg. 

Carcassonne is inadvertently getting me used to purchasing things in foreign languages.  I found the Italian to be slightly easier than German.   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
What is the value/rarity of your Carcassonne collection?

Started by SRBO

41 Replies
Last post February 06, 2017, 03:11:53 AM
by Decar
xx
Catapult, Bridges, Hills, and Robbers in US FLGS

Started by Ry4Christ

0 Replies
Last post April 12, 2017, 08:14:53 PM
by Ry4Christ
xx
Good price for the catapult expansion?