Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune  (Read 17030 times)

Offline eddebaby

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
Wheel of Fortune
« on: April 10, 2014, 05:41:36 AM »
Does anybody know about the availability of Wheel of Fortune? I'm struggling to find it available new and used prices are high. Is this currently available in any countries? I use the CAR so I don't need anything to be in English.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=692.0

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:19:06 AM »
Hello Edde,

I dont know about other county's but here in the Netherlands it is available as the game: Carcassonne het rad van fortuin.

i dont know if they ship and howmuch it costs.. if you have any struggle. plz post:)

€21,99
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/carcassonne-het-rad-van-fortuin-bordspel/9200000015586504/

€19,00
http://www.debijenkorf.nl/999-games-carcassonne-het-rad-van-fortuin-4858070000

sorry for english
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:20:59 AM by SRBO »

Offline eddebaby

• Villein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
Thanks a lot SRBO. Both those stores don't ship to UK. boardandgames.com do for 8 euro. I only just realised that the Starting tile has text on it! Maybe I do want the English version.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:23:47 AM by eddebaby, Reason: message cut of by euro symbol »

Offline rfielder

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • Carcassonne Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Cool Country Nights
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:16:41 AM »
Scott - good job providing links!

Did you see the prices for the Canadian ones?  $52.28CDN and over $70CDN!!!!  Ouch.

Amazon.com starts at $80US and goes UP!!

Amazon UK is $119.67 pounds, which is over$219CDN!

There must be a lot of very rich Carcassonne players in the world, if the expansions are selling for that much.

Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!!
Robert Fielder
Brampton, Ontario, Canada  EST

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:53:15 AM »
Z-Man hasn't reprinted it under their label yet. I rather hope that when/if they get to Wheel of Fortune, they simply print it as a 17(18?)-tile expansion with only the new components included. It never really needed to be a base game and I think it works better without the extra tiles. The problem is the box would have to be able to fit a 4x4 tile square, which I don't think it is able to do currently. Still, custom boxes are not out of the question: The Tower and The Catapult both required differently-shaped boxes to hold the tile tower and the wooden catapult, respectively.

Speaking of which, isn't it time the Catapult got reprinted? It may be by-and-far the worst expansion ever envisioned by Hans im Glueck, but it still is expansion #7. Z-Man's database just skipped the number, but I'm sure there are a few people out there who don't know about Catapult, scratching their heads.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
Z-Man hasn't reprinted it under their label yet. I rather hope that when/if they get to Wheel of Fortune, they simply print it as a 17(18?)-tile expansion with only the new components included. It never really needed to be a base game and I think it works better without the extra tiles. The problem is the box would have to be able to fit a 4x4 tile square, which I don't think it is able to do currently. Still, custom boxes are not out of the question: The Tower and The Catapult both required differently-shaped boxes to hold the tile tower and the wooden catapult, respectively.

Speaking of which, isn't it time the Catapult got reprinted? It may be by-and-far the worst expansion ever envisioned by Hans im Glueck, but it still is expansion #7. Z-Man's database just skipped the number, but I'm sure there are a few people out there who don't know about Catapult, scratching their heads.

The Catapult.  ^-^ For what it's worth, there's still a few copies in the local stores here in Sweden. More baffling, its price is a little higher than any other expansion.

As for the Wheel of Fortune as an expansion, it sounds like a great idea. This would avoid more basic tiles for those not in need of more. The 4x4 starter would not fit a regular Carcassonne expansion box per se, but it can be divided into 2 sections and thus fit easily.

:meeple:
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline AlbinoAsian

• Count
  • Merit: 19
  • Living like a meeple
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 09:33:19 AM »
It may come as a surprise but I resorted to using my wheel of fortune tiles as my main base set. The reason being my base set had too much wear and tear, and they didn't have watermarks which made it a pain to sort from my 4 other expansions that I purchased in the beginning without watermarks. I let my kids play with my old base set as its already well used
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:35:11 AM by AlbinoAsian »

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:29:53 PM »
Good thing I wasn't drinking anything just now, or it would have shot out my nose. Unfortunately Alliance locked down their web site so I can't see stock status like I used to back in the old days, though Carcatronn could check for us. I suspect the original RGG production run might still be in stock? Even if stock is low, I wouldn't expect a good enough sales forecast to justify a second printing.

Offline Hovari

• Freeman
  • Just one more round?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
i Found this site http://www.thegamefreak.nl/carcassonne-rad-van-fortuin.html
they will send world wide (?)  game is  € 22.80 Shipping  (to Finland) € 17,50 Tax(?)   € 6,99 = € 40.30
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:09:35 AM by Hovari »
it's hard to navigate in carcassonne, because the map change constantly.

Offline Hovari

• Freeman
  • Just one more round?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »
i Found this site http://www.thegamefreak.nl/carcassonne-rad-van-fortuin.html
they will send world wild (?)  game is  € 22.80 Shipping  (to Finland) € 17,50 Tax(?)   € 6,99 = € 40.30

but i think he wheel and rules are in Dutch (is that correct term for the language?)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
Yes it is indeed and yes there is a dutch language on it!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 01:55:59 AM »
Shipping  (to Finland)

One more member from Finland? BabyGamer, you are not alone! ;)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Hovari

• Freeman
  • Just one more round?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »
Just about my luck, i won this in eBay ( i was only bider) , seller canceled auction after i won it, and sented money to him.  He  refunded my PayPal payment, but, this sucks.

"t******9 recently opened a cancel transaction case for an item you recently purchased: Carcassonne - Das Schicksalsrad - Neu.
Reason for cancel transaction request: The seller sold the item to another buyer.

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »
Shipping  (to Finland)

One more member from Finland? BabyGamer, you are not alone! ;)

What??? Who??? When???  :o

Hovari!!!!  ;D You Finnish too!?  ^-^ yay!!

*hugzees* to you, my fellow land mate.  :)) :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
Clarification about Wheel of Fortune taxation method

Started by carca82

13 Replies
Last post September 21, 2022, 04:40:00 PM