Author Topic: CAR for Carcassonne v2  (Read 25718 times)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
Re: CAR for Carcassonne v2
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 05:47:02 AM »
I think we can all agree that with one collection a complete car is needed.
Carcassonne 1 and 2 are different collections. I hope we can agree to that. I also think its for the best to have a new author for a CAR for version 2 considering obervet hasnt been here for a long time.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 06:08:39 AM »
A new document for v2 is definately needed. Within this document it can have everything relating to playing with v1 of Carcassonne, so those that only have v1 don't have to bother with v2 rulings.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 01:32:42 AM »
I allow myself to answer back on this, I have very limited skills to offer but if somebody needs proofing or some ungrateful tasks to update the CAR, I will gladly help

It seems to me a long time there isn't any change, and I think it just misses a bit for it to be complete :)
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline reddalek

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
    • The Musings of a Red Dalek
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »
I would also be happy to volunteer my time to fork the CAR for Carcassonne 2.0. I have most (not quite all) of the 2.0 tiles.

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 07:24:14 AM »
The wiki is a great idea. As for the CAR, which rules are still to be included? The Labyrinth, The four Russian Promos, and The German Cathedrals; anything else?

Offline Thrawn

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • WTB Russian Promos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 01:42:13 AM »
Hi!

For the new version of the CAR (if will be) all the clarifications since the last edition should be listed. Maybe it was already done by Obervet but that version was not released. After the Essen fair in 2015 there was a lot of clarifications about German Castles and Halflings to which Obervet replied that he added to the CAR. (I guess to a work in progess version)

So for the new CAR the following expansions should be mentioned:

- The labyrinth
- the 2 new russian promos
- 2015 and 2016 Essen tiles
- maybe mention The Festival 2015 edition. With numbers 15 and new art style but same tiles as the 10year Festival tiles
- German Cathedrals
- Temples in Japan (rules are same as for the German and Dutch cloisters)
- Watchtowers
- the soon to be released Major expansion Nr 10.

My opinion: 1 CAR is enough as it has been up to now. The expansions are fully compatible with each other no matter if it is old or new style and the CAR is abour RULES which are identical. It was an amazing work up to now and will it be continued or not I just want to say: Thank you Obervet and all the others who participated in the creation of this CAR.

Regards,
Thrawn

Offline ooh_jim

• Duke
  • No, *you* haven't updated your profile yet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 04:13:24 AM »
Hi!

For the new version of the CAR (if will be) all the clarifications since the last edition should be listed. Maybe it was already done by Obervet but that version was not released. After the Essen fair in 2015 there was a lot of clarifications about German Castles and Halflings to which Obervet replied that he added to the CAR. (I guess to a work in progess version)

So for the new CAR the following expansions should be mentioned:

- The labyrinth
- the 2 new russian promos
- 2015 and 2016 Essen tiles
- maybe mention The Festival 2015 edition. With numbers 15 and new art style but same tiles as the 10year Festival tiles
- German Cathedrals
- Temples in Japan (rules are same as for the German and Dutch cloisters)
- Watchtowers
- the soon to be released Major expansion Nr 10.

My opinion: 1 CAR is enough as it has been up to now. The expansions are fully compatible with each other no matter if it is old or new style and the CAR is abour RULES which are identical. It was an amazing work up to now and will it be continued or not I just want to say: Thank you Obervet and all the others who participated in the creation of this CAR.

Regards,
Thrawn

Ah, I didn't see that the first two Russian tiles were included in the last release.

It is also worth mentioning that the City of Carcassonne tiles from The Count are available in two new formats, if only under the expansion's tile distribution and the 'Other Special Starting Tiles' area of the consolidated tile reference. The Russian release of the expansion has all 12 tiles merged into one, with a greyscale copy of the image on the back. The latest version also has all of the tiles merged, but introduces an extra city on it's northern boarder (on the area that used to be tile #3); the back of this version follows the starting tile pattern.

Offline reddalek

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
Technically there are also some tile-based rule differences, e.g. the Inn in I&C which applies to one road in v1 but two roads in v2. And knowing the distribution of gardens in v2 tiles is helpful etc.

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
  • Merit: 127
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 10:05:19 AM »
Who likes to create a CAR for the Carcassonne II - New Edition?

Offline reddalek

• Labourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »
I would be happy to if the original CAR owner agrees I can fork it! Don't want to steal their work...

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 10:26:18 AM »
Obervet gave the work up for the CAR. Till now we don't have someone who finishes the CAR for the classic Carcassonne version and we don't have someone who write a new CAR for the New Edition.

The New Edition is in some points complete different to the Classic Edition - that mean we need a 2nd CAR for the New Edition. We will get a BigBox for the New Edition this year - that is the plan from HiG.
I still hope that there will be some more corrections for the New Edition - especially for the base game.

But there are some different landscape tiles, the 6th colour is different, the move of the wagon is different - that are only a few examples. Also the farmer rule is only a "expansion" and not in the base rule itself.

With the 3rd Expansion Princess & Dragon - HiG started with a list for game play with other expansions. These rules are now official for the New Edition, but for the Classic Edition that are only Clarification of Rules (included in the CAR) but mostly not in the official rules from HiG.

The base game of the new edition is different - there are no crossing - it has the villages to splitt roads.

One more problem is that so many expansions are not yet published in English.
In German we have the expansions 1-5 finished, the 10th almost, in the next weeks also the 6th and some time later the 8th expansion.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 12:15:42 AM »
But we dont have access to the old files except for a pdf file right? I think its something huge in which we all need to work together. It will take months if someone will do it on its own..

Offline kettlefish

• Global Moderator
  • Chatelain Officier
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 02:58:47 AM »
Obervet gave me the link to the files from his dropbox. But the CAR document in word has no hyperlinks. I don't know if that is only a problem about the download for me. Or if that document has really no hyperlinks.

In the hidden forum for admins and moderators we had some discussion about a wiki or other document to build a new CAR.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2017, 04:07:19 AM »
In the hidden forum for admins and moderators we had some discussion about a wiki or other document to build a new CAR.

Isn't that an interessting discussion for us all?

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2017, 06:53:59 AM »
Sign me up to help!
If only I had another Halfling.....

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CAR links on Carcassonne Central home page out of date

Started by CarcinFool

13 Replies
Last post August 26, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
by rfielder
xx
CAR 6.4 Errata

Started by evmillan

22 Replies
Last post April 21, 2014, 08:19:48 AM