Author Topic: 3 Player Mega Game  (Read 13211 times)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
3 Player Mega Game
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
Hello everyone!

Thought I share a semi-mega game of Carcassonne completed earlier today (Sunday September 8, 2013).

Score: Yellow (me) at 195, Black (my cousin) at 166 and Blue (my sister) at 118. The score seem low because of reduction method we sometimes use. When we are out of the 50/100 tiles we reduce 50 points for every player. End score could have been 95, 66 and 18 for example.

Picture 1: Each player throws their regular meeples to see who gets to go first, second etc. Player with most standing meeples starts. If equal one with most standing on one 'hand' or upside down wins the toss. Below, Blue has 3 meeples standing and goes first, second is Yellow (me).

Picture 2: A devious play from my part. Landing that tile with the Cloister I score for it, take the Gold Bars and get solo credit for completing the entire City (9 + 57 points) as well as claiming a Cloth token. Oh, and I get to take a nother turn because of the Builder!  >:D

Picture 3: My sister placing a tile finishing 'my City' but I score NO points! Instead, my cousin gets full score and because my sister has a Castle adjacent she scores for the city as well! I had a huge lead here so this was a very nice move from her part. My cousin got the Gold Bars and sister the Cloths and Weed token.

Picture 4: End board before final scoring.

Picture 5: Everything neatly fitted into Wheel of Fortune box.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=421.0
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline CARC_Zoner

• Authors
  • Nobleman
  • Merit: 4
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Player Mega Game
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 08:17:17 AM »
Hello everyone!

Thought I share a semi-mega game of Carcassonne completed earlier today (Sunday September 8, 2013).

Score: Yellow (me) at 195, Black (my cousin) at 166 and Blue (my sister) at 118. The score seem low because of reduction method we sometimes use. When we are out of the 50/100 tiles we reduce 50 points for every player. End score could have been 95, 66 and 18 for example.

Love the "meeple toss" to determine the starting player!  The pictures are amazing - it feels like we are watching a televised game of Mega-Carc with play-by-play analysis!

CARC_Zoner
I'm having meeple management issues...

Offline PgMaster

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
  • Carcassonne Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »
Hi Yellow, looks like there was a very big city in the middle of the board. Was there a big conflict over that one?  What expansions did you use in this game and how long did it take you?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
Thank you. I think the toss idea is great fun!

The huge city in the middle is actually 3 major ones and a few smaller ones. I used my cellphone to take the pictures and reduced the size from 1600x pixels down to 640.

Game started at 10am after piling up the tiles and the toss. (We don't use the bag, laugh, I don't have one actually.) Game ended at 1pm so it was a good paced game.

Game versions used:
1. Base game + River 1
2. Inn's and Cathedral (full expansion)
3. Trader's and Builders (full expansion)
4. The Princess and the Dragon (only Princess tiles and all tiles not related to the Dragon)
5. Abbey and Mayor (full expansion) Though no Barns were placed
6. Bridges, Castles, Bazaars (only Castles part and all the tiles without the Bazaar) Though no Bridges was used
7. Wheel of Fortune (only the tiles not related to the WoF effect)
8. The Catapult (only tiles not related to the Catapult were used)
9. The Tower (only tiles not related to the Tower was used)
10. Mini Expansion 1: The Flyer
11. Mini Expansion 3: The Ferries
12. Mini Expansion 4: Goldmines
13. Mini Expansion 5: The Wizard and the Witch

This setup allows us to play fastpaced and still have so many options. What we forgot to play with, was The Phantom. Didn't realise it until after the game ended.  :meeple:

Any other expansion I would like to implement is of course River II which I do not own.

/Paul  :meeple:

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 07:17:38 AM »
Nice post Yellow! And thanks for the cool pics.

I noticed in your second city example it appears that you have your builder in the city with no follower also in the city. You may want to check out footnote #59 on page 32 of the CAR. Here it is in quotes.

"59  This is a consequence of the rule that builders and pigs are not followers, and it also applies
when the last thief or knight is removed from a road or city which includes the builder. Under the old
rules, the builder or pig remained in play, and the builder continued to generate double-turns. Under
the current rules, the builder and pig are dependent on followers for deployment, and cannot remain
in play without them."

When your last thief or knight are removed from a feature that also has your builder, the builder is also removed from the feature.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline CKorfmann

• Authors
  • Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 39
  • Pigs are meeple too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 07:52:23 AM »
Thanks for that great review and photos.  Merit for you.
Flee the fleas.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
 :meeple:

I have the wagon in the city with the builder. Up until now I always figured it counts as a follower even when not scoring.

Reading the rules I have from Big Box 3 it confirms your post. It does not count as a thief/follower up until scoring and thus, as the builder only can be in play with a thief/follower we have played erroneously.

Nice catch!  :(y)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
aaah, I was taking that as a gold bar - plus your comment that you scored nothing for the city. Must be the black follower was a Big Follower and so he trumped you?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
aaah, I was taking that as a gold bar - plus your comment that you scored nothing for the city. Must be the black follower was a Big Follower and so he trumped you?

That it is. I should angle the shot a bit more next time. To be honest I was thinking about how the meeples gets confusing when shooting from above before I took the shot.

But who knew? A boardgame such as this gives fans so much to do around it. I mean, I picked up boardgaming again, image editing, web editing, meeting new people, not just online etc.  :(y)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »
:meeple:

I have the wagon in the city with the builder. Up until now I always figured it counts as a follower even when not scoring.

Reading the rules I have from Big Box 3 it confirms your post. It does not count as a thief/follower up until scoring and thus, as the builder only can be in play with a thief/follower we have played erroneously.

Nice catch!  :(y)

Wagon IS a follower! You can check out footnote Nr. 226:
Code: [Select]
The RGG edition changes "figure" to "no other wagon or follower." This avoids confusion about the term "follower" but adds a distinction between "follower" and "wagon" WHICH IS NOT VALID....and footnote 195:
Code: [Select]
The mayor and wagon ARE FOLLOWERS, subject to the usual rules of deployment and affecting the majority.
So you was doing right by placing builder in a city where the only follower was the wagon.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:10:49 AM by MrNumbers »
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:09 AM »
Laugh!

Sounds like someone (me) should read the CAR and not just download it for keepsake.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
So you was doing right by placing builder in a city where the only follower was the wagon.

Right, good catch... I didn't consider that Yellow could have been taking my meaning otherwise...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
Mega Civilization (Advanced Civilization) 9 player game session.

Started by Paul

4 Replies
Last post June 18, 2016, 10:07:47 PM
by franks
xx
Superbowl Sunday: 2-player game (base game + I&C)

Started by Scott

4 Replies
Last post January 31, 2015, 10:36:40 AM
by Scott
xx
2 player 110 tiles game (Without the base game tiles)

Started by SRBO

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2015, 02:01:56 AM
by SRBO
xx
3 player 503 tiles game. (7,5 Hours)

Started by SRBO

3 Replies
Last post July 29, 2015, 04:35:11 PM
by Paul
xx
Thanksgiving Five-Player Base Game+IC+TB+PD