Author Topic: German Monasteries interactions  (Read 48043 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: German Monasteries interactions
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2014, 10:40:04 AM »
I think that from City of Carcassonne you can enter a Monastery like an Abbot, but only in the end of the game, during the final scoring. Also Flier can enter Monastery as an Abbot. But this is just my opinion and if HiG will say vice versa, I will follow the official rules, as I always like to do.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2014, 10:59:20 AM »
I think that from City of Carcassonne you can enter a Monastery like an Abbot, but only in the end of the game...

Check out this thread and scroll to post #26. kettlefish got some official answers and they have been incorporated into the CAR.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=834.26
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »
I think that from City of Carcassonne you can enter a Monastery like an Abbot, but only in the end of the game...

Check out this thread and scroll to post #26. kettlefish got some official answers and they have been incorporated into the CAR.

http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=834.26
Hi carcking - when are we going to play?
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
Based upon this discussion I think the best way of playing the German monasteries is at the start of the game you write down all the open questions concerning their interactions and roll a dice for each question to decide how that question should be resolved.

Or if you have a cognitive relativist bent, each person  rolls the die themselves (and can fix the rolls if they feel inclined).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:50:46 AM by asparagus »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »

Yes, indeed! With all this confusing discussion I have lost the "officiality" :)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2014, 09:09:06 PM »
I think the open questions about interactions have been lost amongst all the philosophical soliloquy. Please refrain from making unkind remarks about the publishers and official playtest group and stay focused on the interaction issues. If you don't like HiG's official responses, you're welcome to house rule it any way you want.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2014, 01:14:15 AM »
I think the open questions about interactions have been lost amongst all the philosophical soliloquy. Please refrain from making unkind remarks about the publishers and official playtest group and stay focused on the interaction issues. If you don't like HiG's official responses, you're welcome to house rule it any way you want.

I think this is directed at me.

The implication is that in some (perhaps unspoken) sense any criticism of HiG is deprecated on this website. I respectfully dissent from this. I wish HiG every commercial, competitive and creative success. But I connsider treating anything or any idea with some sort sacred reverence as dangerous and immoral. Having registered my dissent from the consensus view I shall refrain from breaking community taboos because really there are more constructive things to do than disturb them.

Speaking of constructive actions this thread was originally about German monastery interactions. I look forward to clarifications from HiG.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Flier, Halflings and German Castles interactions

Started by cidervampire

23 Replies
Last post April 18, 2016, 03:52:59 AM
by Yashin-n
xx
The Barbarian Report: Attack of the Monasteries (Monasteries in Germany Review)

Started by Whaleyland

25 Replies
Last post September 04, 2017, 10:40:49 AM
by Willem
xx
The Flyer and the Magic Portal when you play with the German Monasteries

Started by Darwin

2 Replies
Last post September 07, 2014, 01:24:54 PM
by Darwin
xx
Completionism Poll #6: German/Dutch Monasteries