Author Topic: Tower-League - Groups E1 - E5  (Read 34370 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Tower-League - Groups E1 - E5
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 04:10:19 PM »
I notice that the cccc tile with a tower is in a finished city. Did you guys remember whether the pennant was properly scored?

It was an extra 2 points to khalid. It didn't influence the outcome of the game.

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 04:23:52 PM »
It was an extra 2 points to khalid. It didn't influence the outcome of the game.
I suppose this means the program neglected the pennant?

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 01:50:50 AM »
I didn't notice if it was correctly scored or not.  Given the nature of the bug, I guess my score would have been higher by 2.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 02:04:21 AM »
I didn't notice if it was correctly scored or not.  Given the nature of the bug, I guess my score would have been higher by 2.

I think you got 12 for it rather than 14 but I "filmed" the game using some screen recording software so I can check for sure...

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 03:35:37 PM »
We kicked off plays in E1 group!

98  :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 - Rosco  :red-meeple: 97

OMG. There was everything, literally!

I had good start, from the very beginning I felt good because I scored... small cities, medium cities, whole map. I have built moderate advantage in points. Rosco was fighting and he was using all his opportunities to catch me.

Fighting for lower field was big part of this game. I started it, and Rosco needed to get in, kick me out, whatever... He had success with inserting his farmer. I added my 2nd, Rosco took him with ease. My starting farmer was safe, good distance from nearest tower (3 spaces)... Stake was too high, Rosco started that tower, but I was vigilant and stopped when it reached 2nd stage. I lost another meeple to stop tower, but Rosco lost moves and tower pieces. It wasn't end, Rosco took that tower guardian as prisoner... I put him back, Rosco took him, I put him back. Crazy, right... But field was worth 21 points.

Ending belonged to Rosco. He scored lucky and quick points on cloister and road (9+5), completed city... and like that he bridged score gap between us. He had 2 smaller farms, but in the end not that small... Last tiles were deciding... Rosco got RRFF (road turn), 3 points for road (but I'd scored 9 with it, farm on top). And last tile of the game, I got CFFF, I could complete city for 8 points with it (but also added 3 to Rosco - his farm). I believe, Rosco would have won by one point if we switched last 2 tiles...

BUT.....!!!!!! There is also case of flawed (buggy) tile, which obviously had to be in play in this crazy game... In my possession.

Rosco, thanks for this ONE!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:43:42 PM by Merlin_89 »

Offline jma03

• Count
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 01:25:23 AM »
E1
merlin and I had our game last night.(thanks for waiting so late)
The game started well for me, I rained tiles tower and soon could catch 5 meeples merlin.

I stayed calm and put my meeples Try a safe.
merlin fight to the end doing magic with meeples who returned to his box,
creating a farm of 15 points and 3 monasteries.

happy for this game, but I must admit that tiles tipped the balance in my favor.

:red-meeple: Jacobo:119 *  :yellow-meeple: Merlin89:84
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:41:31 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Group added »
When you lose, do not look at what you lost, but what's left to win ..

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 02:16:29 AM »
E5
Played with Chuck last night:

Jéré  133  -  Chuck  92

It could have been easily another nightmare for me but luck was on my side this time...

Turning point is when Chuck captured my meeple in a big city (28pts), city was then unoccupied and the only tile that would fit there was the unique CFRF (aka the rat tail)... So chances were 50-50 to get it. I was the lucky one.

I do enjoy the tournament but I'm not going to be unhappy when it'll be over!!

Thanks again for the game Chuck! Well played!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:41:56 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Group added »

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 01:31:45 PM »
E1
Just like that, 2 days and I've finished my games in Tower League...

95  :red-meeple: Merlin_89 -  :yellow-meeple: Halfling 90

Last game couldn't be easy. But I started much better than against Jma... Halfling took prisoners from my early cities in a game, but I was lucky and I was able to get in instantly. I've built 20+ points advantage. I had promising farm, 2 meeples guarded it. I even completed cloister, and started another one.

Then things things got complicated, as they have to in Carcassonne! Halfling did his thing, finished some cities, opened good farms. But he frightened me most with his growing city, I hoped to slow him down and I added some CCCF tiles to it, but I only helped him. At one point, it was clear that finishing it would be final blow of the game. Somehow I found entry point to join, I was rescued. Then I got help from tower I removed Halfling's knight from bigger part of the city, I could only wait for CCCX to finish it and cash in points for it. It turned out, it was impossible.

As I waited for nonexistent tile, bad part of the game (for me) started. I couldn't score significantly. Halfling started to dismantle my resources. Tower tiles started pouring into his hands. I lost meeples in joint farm (9 points), 2 cloisters... and to close whole game, with last tile he removed my last farmer from my starting farm (15 points). I could only watch...

I'm relieved that I stayed alive and won it, 5 points. Thanks Halfling for this game, quite a competition!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:42:14 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Group added »

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »
Yes. great fun.  You throwing me out of all the cities killed my scoring.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »
Here is the result of the second game of group E3:

:violet-meeple: Leven vs  :yellow-meeple: Rich_The_Fish 95:65

I can't recall a league game (without inns) where I could score so many points by roads, almost as much as by cities. One of the long roads was originally occupied by Rich, but then a tower tile helped me to remove his thief and some rounds later I could even occupy and complete the road.

There was a great battle for the most valuable farm, in the end I was able to win it with a single well-placed farmer which wasn't really threatened by towers. For most of the game this farm was tied but Rich's farmer was situated at the side so when I got a proper tower tile I removed it. Rich tried to join another farmer but there were no really promising opportunities considering the bunch of tower tiles in the vicinity. Besides, Rich was in meepleshortage in the final phase of the game as 5 of his followers were busy at other farms (4 as farmer while a fifth one was standing at the top of a tower to protect a farmer).

A strange fact: although this one was my 4th win out of 6 games, I'm still the only participant of this league who hasn't scored at least 100 points in any of the games.  :o
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:27:47 PM by Leven »

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 02:39:35 PM »
E5
Jéré  96  -  Chooselife  71

Another crazy game that I could have lost EASILY...  Big battle for the main field but at the end nobody got it.

Chooselife could have killed me with his last tile but didn't see the opportunity!! As we discussed briefly after the match, this was a major mistake that cost him the victory.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:42:33 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Group added »

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »
Chooselife could have killed me with his last tile but didn't see the opportunity!! As we discussed briefly after the match, this was a major mistake that cost him the victory.
How so? I see an incomplete city worth 19 points, but you are 25 points ahead.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 04:08:41 PM »
How so? I see an incomplete city worth 19 points, but you are 25 points ahead.

There is an unoccupied 30 pt farm that could be joined to Chooselife's farm with that CFFF tile.

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 04:27:15 PM »
Okay, I missed that, but I think getting that 30-point-field means not getting the 6-point-field. He could have had an additional 24 points, which isn't enough.

Offline Leven

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »
Okay, I missed that, but I think getting that 30-point-field means not getting the 6-point-field. He could have had an additional 24 points, which isn't enough.

I counted only those cities which are not bordering that 6 pt farm. So that would really mean 30 additional points. (Actually it is 33, at first I miscounted the cities.)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
What if a player draws a tower tile but they don't have any more tower floors?

Started by carca82

5 Replies
Last post September 27, 2022, 01:12:49 AM
by Bumsakalaka
clip
Princess & Dragon League: Groups D1 - D9

Started by kettlefish

127 Replies
Last post May 09, 2016, 05:27:43 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Abbey & Mayor League: Groups D1 - D7

Started by danisthirty

98 Replies
Last post July 17, 2015, 01:04:31 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Inns & Cathedrals League: Groups D1 - D7

Started by kettlefish

109 Replies
Last post May 04, 2015, 04:27:27 PM
by kettlefish
xx
Expansion League #5: The Tower - SIGN UP HERE!

Started by danisthirty

54 Replies
Last post June 17, 2016, 04:31:06 PM
by danisthirty