Author Topic: Order of the Meeple  (Read 47563 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Meeple
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »
Check out the Leagues- and WC-Forum for announcement, and also the Weekly Online Games. Once, you participate in any of these, Dan will automatically sign you in for the Order as well. (Unless, you deliberately do not want to.)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2016, 01:49:10 PM »
It's nice to see some more people at blue so we can have more challenges to try to get to red. Once upon a time I beat MrNumbers in two challenge matches but I keep losing to Dan in my other challenges so I'm stuck on blue...

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »

nice and interesting work Dan¡¡¡¡
it is posible that the red 6(55 career experience points) i have 61 points....

I am not very sure,....

You are absolutely correct. You have achieved Red-6 and this should have been ticked off. I will update it on my spreadsheet so you will see this amended at the end of the Princess & Dragon league.

It's nice to see some more people at blue so we can have more challenges to try to get to red. Once upon a time I beat MrNumbers in two challenge matches but I keep losing to Dan in my other challenges so I'm stuck on blue...

Yes, I'm also really pleased to see more people climbing up and reaching some of the higher levels. Long may this continue! :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2016, 06:46:13 AM »
Based on the very limited number of online games including four or more players that have been played so far as part of the Weekly Game series, it was decided that the criteria for achieving Blue-7 ("Win a weekly game against at least 3 opponents using any combination of expansions") and Black-8 ("Win at least 5 weekly games against at least 3 opponents (all major expansions 1 – 5 should be included at least once)") should be relaxed. This has been done by removing the dependency on these being achieved purely through 4+ player games and reducing it to make any 3+ player games equally eligible. :)

Obviously this has shaken things up quite a lot so I’ve gone to a fair bit of trouble producing the list below in order to keep track of everyone’s achievements in this area. This only goes up to the end of 2015 at present so will need to be updated soon, but I wanted to post it here anyway so that it’s known about. My hope is that it will be helpful for O of the M progression by providing everyone with the exact details of what they need to do to progress in the areas described above: O:-)

Player Name   Number of Wins   I & C   T & B   P & D   The Tower   A & M   :blue-meeple: 7  :black1-meeple: 8 

danisthirty8:(y):(y):(y):(y):(y)8)8)
Hounk7:(y):(y):(y):(y):(y)8)8)
MrNumbers4:(y):(y):(y):(n):(y)8):(
Rosco4:(y):(y):(n):(y):(y)8):(
Jere3:(n):(y):(y):(n):(n)8):(
Leven3:(y):(n):(y):(y):(n)8):(
Curt1922:(n):(n):(n):(n):(n)8):(
Decar2:(n):(n):(n):(n):(n)8):(
jungleboy2:(n):(y):(y):(n):(y)8):(
kettlefish2:(n):(n):(n):(n):(n)8):(
jma031:(n):(n):(n):(n):(y)8):(
Paul1:(y):(n):(n):(n):(n)8):(
Pikaa1:(n):(n):(n):(n):(n)8):(
Merlin_891:(y):(y):(n):(n):(n)8):(
Rich_The_Fish1:(n):(n):(n):(n):(n)8):(

Any questions, please ask (and please point out any mistakes too)!

PS - I'm already aware that it may be an idea to extend this list to include the names of everyone who has ever taken part in a "Weekly Game" regardless of whether they won it (Yellow-2), but this will require yet more time to go through the thread again (now at approximately 550 posts!)...

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2016, 09:07:10 AM »
It is interesting, that all what Carcking, farin, ny1050220, SRBO and zone2 would need, to become green right away, would be participating in a "Weekly Online Game". (And by winning this game, if there are minimum 3 opponents, Carcking, farin or zone2 would even get right away blue.) Of course, for NY this might be tough, due to the time difference.
So what is a weekly online game? Like a friendly game with whatever expansions? And do I have to provide a screenshot? Okay, already too many questions.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2016, 11:38:03 AM »
It is interesting, that all what Carcking, farin, ny1050220, SRBO and zone2 would need, to become green right away, would be participating in a "Weekly Online Game". (And by winning this game, if there are minimum 3 opponents, Carcking, farin or zone2 would even get right away blue.) Of course, for NY this might be tough, due to the time difference.
So what is a weekly online game? Like a friendly game with whatever expansions? And do I have to provide a screenshot? Okay, already too many questions.

There is a thread for it on the forums here: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1041

Originally we tried to have an online game every week (on Thursdays) but there's no restrictions on when they need to happen; any online game played with other members of the forums counts as long as you post a screenshot afterwards... :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2016, 11:50:09 AM »
It's probably also worth noting that there is a Friendly Games thread as well. I think the friendly games thread should typically be for two-player games and the weekly online game thread for 3+ players. Do others agree and if so, should we make that 'official'?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2016, 12:20:00 PM »
But we also have the PLAY ME NOW! and We organize a game now? threads. Where do they fit in? ???

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »
Very interesting idea, that Order-thing! ;)

I've got an explanation by Dan via PM, but I'm not sure what the Career Experience Points are. The Career Points are the scored Ponts in the Leagues, or am I wrong? But how do I gain the Exp.? It may be possible though, that I missed the explanation in this topic....

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2016, 12:09:51 PM »
I'm not sure what the Career Experience Points are. The Career Points are the scored Ponts in the Leagues, or am I wrong? But how do I gain the Exp.? It may be possible though, that I missed the explanation in this topic....

The explanation is right here :)
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Chuck

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
The explanation is right here :)

Thanks! :)
Well, it's official now: I am blind!  8)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2016, 01:44:03 PM »
With the P & D league behind us and the Tower league due to begin soon(ish), it's high time I updated the Order of the Meeple spreadsheet. It has really become quite a lot of work keeping this up to date lately, but I'm happy to do so for as long as it is interesting to anyone. Just as I did last time, this release has been made available via Google Docs and can be reached on the link below (there are 3 tabs to it):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzZ7BV8WB8T_Ml9XU2dkaHJaSDQ

If you have one, please check your own record on the spreadsheet and let me know if I've not ticked anything you should have (or have ticked anything you shouldn't have). I have checked it a few times, but mistakes remain a possibility. :-[ All being well though, here's a quick recap of where my records suggest that we all are:

:red-meeple: danisthirty
:red-meeple: Jéré :(y)
:red-meeple: MrNumbers
:blue-meeple: jungleboy
:blue-meeple: Leven
:blue-meeple: Rosco
:green-meeple: aenima :(y)
:green-meeple: Andrew the Ambo
:green-meeple: Decar :(y)
:green-meeple: Hounk
:green-meeple: jma03
:green-meeple: khalidqasrawi :(y)
:green-meeple: Merlin_89 :(y)
:green-meeple: monwil
:green-meeple: ny1050220 :(y)
:green-meeple: Paul
:green-meeple: quevy
:green-meeple: rfielder
:yellow-meeple: Ailurus
:yellow-meeple: B1nder
:yellow-meeple: Chooselife
:yellow-meeple: Curt194
:yellow-meeple: kettlefish :(y)
:yellow-meeple: Piklach
:yellow-meeple: Rich_The_Fish

Congratulations to everyone above! :(y) If you have any questions please ask here! :)

EDIT: A :(y) in the list above isn't blatant favouritism, I've just used this to represent those members who have moved up a level since the last update! 8)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:15 AM »
Is the order of the meeple still ongoing?
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
Is the order of the meeple still ongoing?

Normally it is updated after each tournament, so max 3-4 times per year.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
Indeed. I did log all the scores and positions after our Tower league but I never uploaded it. Now that last years World Cup is behind us I'll update it again and upload as soon as it's finished so stay tuned! :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
question
1 Gold Meeple 1 Silber Meeple 1 Bronce Meeple

Started by nili3000042

4 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:46:56 AM
by Halfling
xx
Order of the Meeple: Challenge Matches

Started by danisthirty

54 Replies
Last post April 26, 2018, 03:07:36 PM
by danisthirty
xx
The Order of the Meeple

Started by danisthirty

48 Replies
Last post May 17, 2015, 05:29:02 AM
by jungleboy
xx
Large meeple vs. small meeple farmers

Started by rbanks88

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2021, 12:18:24 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
WTB: The Collector’s Case, Plushie Meeple, Jelly Meeple, etc.

Started by asp204

0 Replies
Last post December 21, 2020, 06:07:08 AM
by asp204