Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1159931 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
Excellent stuff. Enjoy!  :(y)
It sure looks very promising from the rules. Looking forward to try it out. :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2015, 06:40:25 AM »
Thanks Yellow!  :) :(y)

Mine arrived also! Thank you very much, Dan! I was considering to buy these wooden trade goods, but now I've got them from you! :D
I took the photo together with Christmas package contents.

You're welcome. Have you seen these available to buy elsewhere recently then? These were from meeplesource as part of their Kickstarter. There are some on their site at the moment but they're not the same as far as I'm aware...
I see the cloth and wheat options on MeepleSource... but do you remember what you used for the wine? They look great, and I'd like to order a set for myself! :)

None of the tokens I sent to those who reached the knock-out stage of the World Cup are available on meeplesource as far as I can see by scanning through their "Premium Resource Bits" on the site. They were only available, as far as I was aware, via their Kickstarter campaign which they ran in February/ March last year. This is why I was interested to know where MrNumbers had seen these available to buy as I'd happily buy more if I could find any (I bought enough bits for 9 sets and gave 7 away). The barrels were simply their "Barrel" bits (Kickstarter) but I can't find these on the site either.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:09:51 AM by danisthirty »

Offline DLloyd09

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2015, 07:12:21 AM »
They definitely still sell red cloth bits and wheat/grain bits. Alas, no barrels--but they do have wine:

http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=RedCloth
http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Wheat
http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Wine (a little too cute for me!)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2015, 07:25:58 AM »
http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=RedCloth
Not sure how I had missed this. Thanks! They're definitely the same.

http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Wheat
I did see these but wasn't sure if they're the same as the ones I got as the design looks much busier on this photo. They're certainly very similar anyway, possibly the same.

http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Wine (a little too cute for me!)
Saw these too, but I'm not a fan of these either!

Offline BabyGamer

• Duke
  • Merit: 12
  • Aloha! =^_^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2015, 07:35:59 AM »
Alohaa! :D

Look what I got in the mail today!! :D

When the mail arrived, I first thought I had received something I ordered from E-bay. :) I shop there a lot. Mostly craft stuff like stamps or pencils and stuff.. But then I opened the package and was like, huh??? What is THIS??? I had completely forgot already about the Carcassonne prices! :D hehe.. good memory I have.. :D

So yeah, it was an excellent surprise! =^_^= I have been craving those meeple bags a while now, since I saw them on this forum when someone showed them as a part of their collection to store their meeples in them, and I thought I should buy fabric and make those aswell, but since I can be lazy sometimes, I didn't do it.. :) But now I don't have to, since I got them! :D And the sticker and game tile are cool too! :D

THANK YOU! =^_^= I'm happy!  :(y)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2015, 07:55:06 AM »
Not quite as exciting, the creepy postman delivered me this a few minutes ago:

Unfortunately hunters and gatherers is brand new; so I'll have to pop the tiles!

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2015, 02:39:43 PM »
None of the tokens I sent to those who reached the knock-out stage of the World Cup are available on meeplesource as far as I can see by scanning through their "Premium Resource Bits" on the site. They were only available, as far as I was aware, via their Kickstarter campaign which they ran in February/ March last year. This is why I was interested to know where MrNumbers had seen these available to buy as I'd happily buy more if I could find any (I bought enough bits for 9 sets and gave 7 away). The barrels were simply their "Barrel" bits (Kickstarter) but I can't find these on the site either.

My wish to buy these wooden pieces was pure hypothetical. I just saw them somewhere on the forum and wanted to buy them someday, together with cool ferries (not interested in revised bridges - they are quite the same). So maybe when I would start to look for them, there could be surprise for me that they are not so easy to obtain.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline Andrew the Ambo

• Count
  • Merit: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 21, 2015, 12:22:59 AM »
Thanks danisthirty.  These arrived today.  The Mega Meeple and sticker sheet are for being the hugest scoring looser.  Sorting the highest score in a game that I lost.

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #233 on: January 21, 2015, 06:51:42 AM »
In today's post courtesy of the Carcassonne Shoppe. This is great because now I have the best of both worlds: the full Wheel of Fortune game with the language-independent starting tile.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »
Thanks danisthirty.  These arrived today.  The Mega Meeple and sticker sheet are for being the hugest scoring looser.  Sorting the highest score in a game that I lost.

You're welcome Andrew, I'm glad you liked your prizes! Yeah, the Mega Meeple and sticker sheet were your prizes for achieving the highest-scoring lost game at the group stage. The same prize was due for the person with the lowest-scoring win (at group stage) but unfortunately he is no longer a member of the forums.  :(

I also gave Mega Meeples to the two players who were undefeated at the group stage (Rosco and jungleboy).

Look what I got in the mail today!! :D

{...}

THANK YOU! =^_^= I'm happy!  :(y)

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2015, 07:27:39 AM »
They definitely still sell red cloth bits and wheat/grain bits. Alas, no barrels--but they do have wine:

Meeplesource have just got a load more stock in, including these: http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Barrels

They're not the same as the ones I sent out to World Cup participants (these are 3D, like little barrels rather than flat, barrel-shaped tokens), but meeplesource did give me a big bag of these for free and they're pretty neat!  :(y)

Offline DLloyd09

• Vassal
  • Merit: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2015, 08:02:35 AM »

Meeplesource have just got a load more stock in, including these: http://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=Barrels

They're not the same as the ones I sent out to World Cup participants (these are 3D, like little barrels rather than flat, barrel-shaped tokens), but meeplesource did give me a big bag of these for free and they're pretty neat!  :(y)

Awesome! I may just have to buy a pack. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Offline coyote

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Square Tile
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2015, 06:53:31 AM »
Alas, I haven't gotten any Carc stuff recently.. However, this is really neat seeing what everyone else is getting. :)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2015, 07:03:24 AM »
I’m not in love with the postman today because it took me nearly three hours to go to another country and pick this up from the post office, but to be fair it wasn't the postman’s fault, but the seller’s.

Anyway, now I have Siege, so I’m happy. Only the Tunnels to go!*

*As I see it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:09:48 AM by jungleboy »

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2015, 06:12:36 AM »
Thanks Yellow!   :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
HiG twitter - The Worms love Meeple-Apple